PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Katrina

Sassy_luvr
08-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Well first off I live about 45 minutes away from Nashville Tennessee. Tonight we will get really bad storms from Katrina, the winds are going to be about 75 m.p.h.. Plus major rain! My mom said that Sassy and Kandi can't go outside during the storm because it will be too dangerous. Neither one of them have been puppy pad trained. I don't know what to do! I am afraid that if I let them use the bathroom in the house that they will think that it is O.K. for them to use the bathroom in the house. And it's NOT! I need sugestions on what to do about this.

jackie
08-29-2005, 09:57 AM
you will just have to put some newspaper on the floor and lt them go there for the time being. Good lcuk with the storm. :(

Jamieejo85
08-29-2005, 12:20 PM
I agree, newspaper or puppy pads. Hey when are we gonna see pictures of Kandi??;)

ParNone
08-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Hummm I'm not sure there would be a need for them to potty in the house. When I see a big storm starting to brew here, I take all mine outside to potty. Then they're set to easily last 8 hrs, 12 if they had to, without pottying again.

I also wouldn't do anything to promote a lot of water drinking, like running'em around the house making them thirsty. And I probably would wait to feed'em a full meal until after the storm passes.

Par...

Dixieland Dancer
08-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Under the circumstance, if an accident happens I would just clean it up. I'd rather have my dogs safe from high winds and things blowing around than risking their safety. I'm sure if you take them outside before the storm hits though, they should be able to make it.

Sassy_luvr
08-30-2005, 08:33 AM
Thank you for all your replies! Well Katrina didn't last as long as we thought. Most of it came last night while we were sleeping. This morning it is just sprinkling.