PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with her?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-28-2005, 09:17 PM
It's 9:15. My mom called me into her room to ask me something. She's laying down, in her pajamas, watching tv. What does she ask me, you wonder?

"Can you make me some bacon?"

:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

I was like, "Are you freaking kidding me? Almost 9:30 and you want ME to make YOU bacon."

She responded, "Oh like I never make YOU dinner."

Facts state that no, she never HAS made me dinner. At least not in the past six months.

She is really on something. :rolleyes: :confused:

No bacon for her. :p She's REAL deserving of the "snack in bed" kick she's on.

missygirl
08-29-2005, 05:46 AM
haha. funny.

DJFyrewolf36
08-29-2005, 10:54 AM
My HUSBAND doesn't even ask me to do stuff like this...unless he is really really ill. Yeesh...I'd be asking "What the heck is wrong with you?!?" myself...

:rolleyes:

Glad you stood up for yourself and said no

Kfamr
08-29-2005, 01:20 PM
I've got one question for you Megan and since i'm currently sitting on my butt doing nothing...

Will you make me some bacon?

jackie
08-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Hey, she gave birth to you! Go get that lady some bacon!

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by jackie

Yeah, and don't act lazy either...I make dinner twice a week!:p;) Believe me, it'll help you later in life Megan!;)

DJFyrewolf36
08-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Well hey, if you're going to be making bacon for Kay...

:D

luvofallhorses
08-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Glad you stood up to her! :)

popcornbird
08-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by jackie

That's what I was going to say. :p

I ***know*** your mother has done some awful things, BUT, sorry Megan...her asking you to make her dinner? That could have been a wonderfully positive step in fixing or at least SOMEWHAT mending the relationship. I think you could have taken the opportunity in doing your part to heal the problems between the mother/daughter relationship. Just my honest opinion. Problems in relationships USUALLY go both ways. What I mean by that is, of course one usually starts it, but both sides contribute to the problem. Its like this. If one person lights a match, and the other blows it out, the fire would go out. If one person lights a match and the other pours oil on it.....well.....the fire would increase, and keep increasing until things are completely out of control. That is how I see problems in family relationships, or any relationship. SOMEONE has to be the peacemaker, or things would get out of control. It is not easy, I know, BUT...you could have taken this opportunity. Never know what kind deed will soften her heart. Being a rebel will only make things worse. Each side has the choice to do things that will make things better. When both sides rebel against the other, nothing will ever get better. I'm just trying to see both sides. Sorry, but this is how I feel. If I were you, I would've made her dinner, whether I wanted to or not. :p She DID give you birth, and raised you...despite the bad things she has done. I often make dinner for the family, and always help in the kitchen before dinner time. Its something I feel is my duty as a daughter, now that I'm grown up. I know your mother is different, but still...She is STILL your mother...She carried you in her womb for 9 months, gave birth to you in pain, nursed you (I assume so anyway), raised you. Despite the fact that she has done wrong towards you, it doesn't change her relationship to you. She is STILL your mother. She will always be. Nothing can change that. She won't even be with you forever. Making her dinner wouldn't have killed you. It would've only made her think what a good daughter she has...even if she wouldn't admit it. I think making her dinner could have been a good deed on your part, that may have POSSIBLY softened her heart. Even if it didn't, it would've made YOU the better person.

DJFyrewolf36
08-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Great reply PCB! Under normal circumstances, I would be in total agreement with you. However, I think *This is just my observations from the "tone" and content of the original post, so if I'm wrong, Megan let me know!* that she was upset at not only the tone of the request (as it seems like her mom was kind of rude about it) but also she was upset at how late it was when the request is made. I have to ask, was your mom really hungry and hadn't had dinner yet? If so, then I have to take back my first post and agree with PCB, helping out could have done the relationship some good. But if her mom was just asking to be rude (as she has done in the past) I could see why Megan would get a little upset. Her mom, again this is just my observation, seems to be the bullying type and just reciently she has been standing up to it and asserting herself.

I don't know what the line is between going too far in asserting yourself with parents and lying down and letting them completely overrule you. I don't beleve parents have the right to bully thier children, but that's again my opinion.

Sorry to psycoanylize...(Thanks PCB for getting me to think...you always seem to do that ;) )

slleipnir
08-29-2005, 06:55 PM
I have to agree with PCB..however, I don't really know what Megan is going through, or the situation she is in (even from her posts)

Without that information, I can't accuratly say "Megan, you're wrong!" or "Yah, Megan, your mom is horrible!"

If MY mom asked me to do that and it was either really late, or she was rude about it I would simply say "No, it's late." And that would be it. I wouldn't yell or get angry. That solves nothing (especially in your case if you mother is always like that. Perhaps that makes her a little more cranky then she is already. I know if I EVER talked rude to my mother I would regret it! I was taught never to talk back. Although, I HAVE been rude to her before...I can't say I haven't but that's something else lol.)

Again, I understand your mom has a lot of issues, so I can't say you're wrong or anything (I don't know the situation at all) so don't think I'm talking against you, cause I'm not. But perhaps you could just walk away. It would probably make you feel better (not getting angry) and that's what is important. You being happy, right? Maybe she is a child and does it to get you going, and if she sees you don't care, maybe she will grow up a bit? Have you told her how much she hurts you??

Again, I'm not trying point fingers, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

king2005
08-29-2005, 11:50 PM
From all the other posts I have read about how ur mother treats, Congrats on standing up to her :)

See standing up to her will get easier & easier within time. & Hopefully one day she'll leave u alone.

Is she still taking all ur money, or have stood up to that issue aswell ?

Nonetheless, ur getting stronger & I bet life is starting to feel a bit better eh??

I know it did for me when I said bye-bye to my mom & left the family. I finally feel free & don't have to worry what shes gonna say or do next & now that I'm moving 400km away, I'll never have to see of hear from her again.

I got a not so nice b-day card from her last week that I could have done without, but shes not getting my new addy, so I'll never get another one, YAY!!

K9karen
08-30-2005, 12:22 AM
In my family, we treated each other with respect, regardless of status. I can't imagine either of my parents asking me to make them dinner at 9p, but if they did, asking me nicely and as a favor if they got home late from work and not sitting around. The only time my parents asked me to make them a snack or something to eat at that hour was because they were ill and unable to do it themselves. Regardless, they always asked politely and sweetly and were thankful. I understand PCB's opinion, I really do. And I'm not condoning being a smart ass to a parent, but I don't think Megan's in the same situation as some of us. I think her mother has a lot of issues and takes it out on her. Megan is a child (you know what I mean) not an adult woman who as a mother should be nurturing her and being a role model. I think Megan can blow out that candle a zillion times and her mother would just reignite it on purpose. Her mother should be seeing a therapist not using Megan as a patsy for her problems.