PDA

View Full Version : Internet/computer question

catnapper
08-28-2005, 05:49 PM
I have had my DSL for nearly a year now and have loved it, but for some reason, lately it seems to be slowing down. This weekend has been murderously slow. Combined with me being busy with work and this slow-ness, I find it almost impossible to play on PT! :eek:

My point here is this: what could be making my computer slow down? I've done a hundred and one virus and spyware scans. The computer does not need defragmenting. My other programs load just as quickly (or slowly as the case may be) as ever. It just seems the internet is s-l-o-w. Probably as bad as dial-up. And now that I'm used to the speed of DSL, I do NOT have the patience for loading pictures and web pages the way I used to.

Help!?

kittycats_delight
08-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Could be the server itself is experiencing problems. Higher than normal volume or they could need to increase their bandwidth. They could also be upgrading a lot of ISP's do that without telling customers and that will also effect your speed as they usually upgrade a bit at a time and thus while working on one thing it slows down others.

Kfamr
08-28-2005, 06:55 PM
I would contact your internet provider. More than likely if it's a problem with them someone else has already called them.