PDA

View Full Version : If you could teach your cats anything?!?!

CalliesMom
08-27-2005, 04:18 PM
What would it be?

I would definetely teach them how to clean the cat litter, particularly Shadow. She doesn't cover up after herself and can have a mighty stinky butt. :D

Kfamr
08-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Want someone to clean the litter? Get a dog! ;) :p

CalliesMom
08-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Want someone to clean the litter? Get a dog! ;) :p

LOL TOO TRUE! My mother's dog has a thing for kitty cookies. :eek:

jenluckenbach
08-27-2005, 06:33 PM
I would love to teach them to do housework, like maybe, washing the dishes.

catmandu
08-27-2005, 06:41 PM
I WOULD TEACH,THE FOUND CATS,TO TALK,SO I COULD ASK,THEM,WHAT KIND,OF CAT FOOD,THEY OULD LIKE,TO HAVE!
I WOULD TELL,THEM ABOUT BEING SAFE,IN THE BACKYARD,SO THEY COULD ENJOY,THE OUTDOORS,AND ROLL,IN THE GRASS!
THAT,IS THE THING,THAT I WOULD WANT MOST,FOR THE FOUND CATS,IS THAT THEY WOULD STAY,IN THIER OWN YARD,AND BE SAFE,AS THEY ROMPED,AND FROLICED,IN THE SUN.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture700.jpg

saphron
08-27-2005, 09:01 PM
My brother's cat Gadget can talk a little. He can say "Momma," I love you",and "fur real" He also thinks he's human at times.lol

slick
08-27-2005, 09:05 PM
If I could teach my cats anything at all, it would be to scratch my back!

:D :D Honestly, when you live alone and there's an itch right in the middle of your back and can't reach it.....it's maddening. I have a couple of back scratchers but they are not sharp enough and don't do the trick. Max's claws would be purrrfect for the job.:)

kittycats_delight
08-27-2005, 09:07 PM
I have to say I like gary's idea of teaching them to talk. That would be pretty cool. :) Then when Vixen started complaining at least I would not what she was complaining about.

G535
08-28-2005, 03:02 AM
Talking, yes and understanding what we say to them too. It would be very useful if I could tell my cat why he has to go to see the vet instead of him getting stressed out and not having a clue about what's happening.

catmandu
08-28-2005, 01:52 PM
THAT WOULD SAVE A LOT,OF TIME,AND STESS,AS THEY LOVE DR MARSALES,WHEN HE GETS HERE,BUT GETTING THEM,IN CAGES,UNTIL HE ARRIVES,IS SUCH A PAIN.
IF I COULD TELL,THEM THAT THIER FRIEND,IN THE WHITE COAT,IS COMING,THEN THAT WOULD SAVE CHASING THEM AROUND THE HOTEL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1196.jpg

momcat
08-28-2005, 02:41 PM
I'd love to teach Groucho to take care of all those "little errands" that only take a minute or two but tend to mess up your entire day. How wonderful it would be if he could go to the bank, cleaners, pharmacy, corner store, post office... I'm sure you get the idea

Gin
08-28-2005, 02:53 PM
That when I perform acts of cruelty like combing their fur, giving them pills, taking them to the vet, and trimming their toenails, I am not just being mean. These things are important to keep them safe and healthy. I wish I could tell them that.

lvpets2002
08-28-2005, 04:17 PM
:) Well thats all good ideas & I would like to teach them all of the above & but however I think if I could get them to pick up there toys & not leave in the middle of the hall way for when you are half awake & then its OWCH..

Sus
08-28-2005, 04:40 PM
... I would teach Bella not to scratch the furniture or the carpets! To me that little nasty habit is really the only backdraw of being a cat owner... :rolleyes: :)

Love,
Sus and the Bellacat

Sus
08-28-2005, 04:46 PM
...drawback...! :rolleyes:

Love,
Sus and Bella!

catnapper
08-28-2005, 05:53 PM
I'd teach Angel that her food is the only food she may eat.

I'd teach Pouncer stress-relieving techniques ;)

I'd teach them all proper toy ettitquete - just because someone is playing with a toy does not mean its the only toy in the world. I DO have hundreds of other catnip mice and feather toys to choose from! :D