PDA

View Full Version : Border Collie & Lab

borderlab
08-27-2005, 01:09 PM
I have a Border Collie and a Black Lab. I may have some pictures. Does anyone else have a Border Collie and Black Lab?

cali
08-27-2005, 01:12 PM
i dont have a lab but I have 2 border collies

borderlab
08-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Cute. Do you do agility with your dogs?

*sled_dog*
08-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Hope to see pics of them.:) I used to have a black Lab, but he got older:( . I dont have a Border Collie, but I do have an Australian Shepherd that I do agility with.:D

Flatcoatluver
08-27-2005, 10:05 PM
hey i don't have a border collie or lab, but i have a flat-coated retriever and a english setter and we do agility

cali
08-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Cute. Do you do agility with your dogs?

a little, but I mostly do flyball, herding, frisbee and other tricks, I am not a big agility fan, I dont enjoy it much and my dogs prefere flyball anyway lol

borderlab
08-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah. I do frisbee, agility, obedience, showmanship, tricks, and freestyle with my dogs. my lab loves it. and my border collie goes crazy for it. im thinking about adopting a rottweiler/golden retriever from the pound-but im not sure if i want to do that... ive been thinking about it.

i used to have an english setter that i did agility and flyball with, but she died of cancer. she taught my next dog, a minpin a lot, but my min pin got old and died also. then i got my lab and my border collie from the pound and started doing all the dog sports with them. they love it. they were only about 13 weeks when i got them from the pound, and i started training them immedietly. now my lab is 3 years old and my border collie is also 3 years old.

i think it is great to save a dog from the pound, which i saved 2 from the pound. they were going to put them to sleep the day after i saved them. i dont like pounds very much. at the local shelters all together in the united states 5,000 dogs are killed a second. less than 10% of dogs in the united states come from the pound. i suggest people start forgetting about purebred breeders and start going for the pound, before dogs go extinct!lol

most people get their dogs from breeders, and totally forget about the poor abused or neglected dogs that need homes in pounds. save a pound dog today!!

borderlab
08-28-2005, 12:15 PM
reply:Hope to see pics of them. I used to have a black Lab, but he got older . I dont have a Border Collie, but I do have an Australian Shepherd that I do agility with.

its too bad dogs cant live forever. how old is your aussie?

Jamieejo85
08-28-2005, 01:33 PM
I have a black lab, Chico.

*sled_dog*
08-28-2005, 02:21 PM
its too bad dogs cant live forever. how old is your aussie?

He is going to be 1 year in about a week.:D Here he is with the ribbons we got at our first competition in... Agility, Obedience, and Showmanship!:) (1st place, in our group) (sry that the pic is a little dark).

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/p2926741bc37df5729dcd32c5b2df192d/f29b72bd.jpg

k9krazee
08-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Hello borderlab, Welcome to PT! I don't have a Border Collie but I am owned by 3 Jack Russells, A Rottie and my little Houndrador (hound/lab mix). I have taken agility classes with my own dogs and have shown my Aunt's Labs in trials. I really LOVE agility, when Jack (my lab mix) is older I will start classes with him. I would love to see pictures of your two!

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Welcome! I have a Toller/Border Collie mix, a Dachshund and 2 Dobermans.

borderlab
08-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Hello again everyone!! I need some help, does anyone know how to make a signature? And how do you post pictures?

buttercup132
08-30-2005, 07:17 AM
ive got a black lab/german sheperd

cloverfdx
08-30-2005, 08:14 AM
He is going to be 1 year in about a week. Here he is with the ribbons we got at our first competition in... Agility, Obedience, and Showmanship! (1st place, in our group) (sry that the pic is a little dark).
You do agility with a dog less than 12 months old (Should be atleast 14 months)?
:(

I have a Rotti x and a BC, we do Flyball (Until the end of the year), Obedience and Herding. We will be starting Agility when i get around to it, soon hopefully.

*sled_dog*
08-30-2005, 01:31 PM
You do agility with a dog less than 12 months old (Should be atleast 14 months)?

I already know that:) The competition was small like with only ten obsticals (puppy kinda thing);)

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Welcome to PT borderlab!:)

I have a Border collie--Blaze--(as you can see in my signature) and I love them sooo very much!!:D Hope to see pics of your dog soon!!:)