PDA

View Full Version : Update on me - college info!

CountryWolf07
08-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Howdy! I thought I'd stop by and say hey. I've been busy. I moved in on campus on Tuesday the 23rd at Kent State University. It was really tough on me on the 1st night, and I got pretty homesick, but I'm feeling WONDERFUL now! I miss the dogs, and I'm hopefully coming home on Labor Day and that isn't too far away. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about this whole ordeal - I'm looking foward to classes, meeting new people (which I've met a couple nice people already.. like Maurice, Pamela, Jenn, Michelle, Samantha, Kevin, etc.), etc. I was just wondering if any of y'all would like to write to me or send me care packages? Just something, up to y'all, though. I love to get mail, though. I'd have to say it's lonely if I see an empty mail box! LOL..

Anyway - My roommate, Amanda is pretty cool. She's a huge Garth fan, which is just excellent. She showed me her song files on her laptop - and I saw about at least.. 40-50 Garth tunes, whoo hoo! We were talkin' about movies - and I mentioned "Frequency", because we were on the topic about Dennis Quaid, and she goes "Yeah, that one has Garth's song at the end - When You Come Back to Me Again.. " and I'm like, AWESOME!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know I haven't dissapeared. I start my classes on Monday.

PM me if you want my address.. :)

Here's a pic of me at my desk:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/gbrooksfan07/dorm1.jpg

Karen
08-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Well, good to hear from you, and that it is going well so far! :) What classes are you taking this semester? Have classes started yet?

lizbud
08-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Congrats on going to college. Kent State is a great school &
I'm sure you will do well.:) I have a niece at University of Dayton
another good school. It does take awhile to get settled in, but
time will soon begin to fly by for you. Good luck.:)

sandragonfly
08-27-2005, 01:35 PM
howdy! your picture is cute. :)

I just read your other "moving" thread, and wanted to congratulate you!!

sorry you're missing your dogs, that usually get us homesick quicker! ugh. I hope so too you're gonna see them on labor's day weekend. wow, awesome you found somebody that has your passions and she's your roommate! :cool:

karen, her classes start on monday! you must be in a rush. :p

hey, good luck!!! :)

sirrahbed
08-27-2005, 01:40 PM
How exciting this is:D Your desk already looks so organized and neat. I am happy to hear that your roomie is a country fan - otherwise she would have been miserable;) heehee That homesickness will come and go for awhile - very normal of course! Yes, let us know about your classes too will you? Two of my kids went to Ohio State. I stayed at a dorm at Kent State once for a retreat weekend - very nice!! The campus is really pretty. Have fun.

CountryWolf07
08-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Hi!

The classes I will be taking:

Oceanography, World Geography, Principles of Advertising, Workshop: Intro. to Wellness Pt.1A (variety of stuff at the rec center), and Studio Skills (drawing)

M-W-F: 11am til' 1pm - World Geography, then Oceanography
T-TH: 7:45-9:20am - Studio Skills, 11am-12pm: Wkshp/Wellness, then 3:15-4:30pm - Principles of Advertising.

:)

Kfamr
08-27-2005, 01:59 PM
I bet the girls are missing you, too!

Good luck with your schoolwork.:)

wolf_Q
08-27-2005, 04:37 PM
I hope everything goes well for you, Rachel! That's really neat that your roomie is a Garth fan! :D It's nice you have something in common.

Ginger's Mom
08-27-2005, 05:27 PM
I am glad to hear that you are settling in already. It really does take a while. I am sure that the girls will be happy to see you next weekend, and you will have a lot to share with them. :)

CountryWolf07
08-27-2005, 09:02 PM
They are gonna be excited to see me again.. My parents have been telling me that the dogs are depressed and they miss me.. especially Rosie. Rosie just looks for me in my room.. she's always on my bed.. Aww.. that just breaks my heart.

gemini9961
08-27-2005, 10:13 PM
It's gonna be quite an adventure for you, best of luck and you'll settle in soon enough.

Suki Wingy
08-27-2005, 11:00 PM
Glad you're doing great! I'm taking (high school) World Geography too!

K9karen
08-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Rachel, you look so cute! Your courses sound really fun and interesting. Lots of luck and fun! How lucky that you have such a great roommate! I know, our pups sure do get under our skin. I know you all miss each other teribly.

CountryWolf07
08-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Thanks!

Ahhh my goodness.. my classes start tomorrow, and I'm so nervous.. but I know I'll be fine - it's the matter of more than 100 people in my 2 classes.. and it's from 11am til' 1pm and I'm done for the day!