PDA

View Full Version : 10 Commandments from a Pet's Standpoint

slleipnir
08-27-2005, 11:02 AM
10 COMMANDMENTS FROM A PET'S STANDPOINT'
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be painful to me. Remember that before you get me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial to my well-being.

4.Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, entertainment, and friends. I only have you.

5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7.Please don't hit me. I can't hit back, but I can bite and scratch and I really don't want to do that.

8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right foods or I've been out in the sun too long or my heart is getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.

10. Go with me on dificult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch." or "Let it happen in my absence."
Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember I love you.

jackie
08-27-2005, 11:16 AM
The last commandment made me tear up.

Jadapit
08-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Omg, those are really GOOD! That last one really got to me. Thanks for sharing this...

JenBKR
08-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Those are really good. I am at work almost crying now over that last one. I miss my furbabies a lot right now! Thanks for posting that.

luvofallhorses
08-27-2005, 12:48 PM
I really like those. Thanks for sharing!! :)

lizbud
08-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks for posting these.:) Great reminders for all pet lovers.
Having a pet requires a lifetime commitment, not just till it becomes inconvenient for humans. If people can't make & keep
their commitment they should not have a pet at all.

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Those are great! This one hit me the hardest though:

Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, entertainment, and friends. I only have you.

We never do think about it do we...our only real and true friend our pets have is US (me)!! So we should always be there for them no matter what, so they know they can count on us!!!:)

poofy
08-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Those are so good, all of them.Does make you feel for the ones who are not treated with respect. Made me hug my SammyJ.

Anita Cholaine
08-27-2005, 07:02 PM
It's all so true, I love it... The most terrible is that there are so many pet owners who don't know any of these...