PDA

View Full Version : It Was 8 Yeras Ago,that I Lost My Smokey

catmandu
08-27-2005, 08:57 AM
HE WAS A CAT,THAT I ADOPTED,FROM THE SHELTER.HE WAS AT LEAST 15,PROBABLY 17,0R 18,AND MY FRIEND MARGARET,ASKED,IF I WANTED,TO GIVE AN OLD BATTERED FELLOW,A HOME,FOR WHAT WOULD,IN ALL PROBABILITY,BE THE LAST FEW MONTHS,OF HIS LIFE.

BUT HE WAS NOTHING,IF NOT DURABLE,AND THAT CAT,LASTED FOR NEARLY SIX YEARS.HE WAS A GREAT CAT,AND AN INSPIRATION,TO ME.HE WAS BASICALLY BLIND,HAD ONLY A FEW TEETH,BUT HE WAS SO DIGNIFIED,AND WAS SUCH A GOOD CAT,TO ALL,THE CATS,THAT I ADOPTED.
THEY HELPED HIM FIND HIS FOOD,AND THEY ALL CURLED UP,TOGETHER,TO KEEP,THE ODD FELLOW WARM.
I JUST WISH,THAT I HAD MORE PHOTOS,OF SMOKEY.
THE LADY,THAT SOLD ME,THIS BED,SAYS THAT SHE STILL GETS MANY NICE COMMENTS,ABOUT SMOKEY,AS I GAVE HER A PHOTO,OF SMOKEY,IN ONE,OF HER BEDS.
NOW SMOKEY,IS A PET TALKER ANGEL,AND HAS FUN,ALL OVER THE WORLD,
IT COULDNT HAPPEN,TO A MORE DESERVING CAT.
I MISS YOU SMOKEY,BUT I KNOW,THAT ONE FINE DAY,I WILL SEE YOU AGAIN.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/smokey2.jpg

kittycats_delight
08-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Lovely Gary...just lovely. Indeed Smokey was a special cat and I know he is having a blast at RB. He is fulling sighted, has all his teeth and is young again. I can guarentee he loves travelling all over the world and being a Pet Talker angel. And I know he is so excited by the promise that one fine day you will be together again. :)

CalliesMom
08-27-2005, 01:29 PM
What a beautiful tribute CatMandu. He certainly was lucky to have found a wonderful purrent and I'm sure you felt lucky to have him in your life, as well.

sirrahbed
08-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Smokey was a handsome cat Gary! What a long, long life and he also sounds like he was a wonderful friend. I know you miss him! But, I am glad you still invite him to eat with you:)

jenluckenbach
08-27-2005, 03:07 PM
A great endorsemnet for adopting a senior kitty. Smokey was one of the lucky ones.

sandragonfly
08-27-2005, 03:36 PM
michelle/delightkitty's very right. smokey's a very perfect angel up there, watching over you until you both reunited again. :)

smokey looks handsome and sorry we didn't get to meet him here!

smokey, hope you're having fun with your furrangelfriends and new furriends - gem, karina, charcoal & gck!!

catmandu
08-27-2005, 06:29 PM
GINA,YOU MADE ME FEEL,A LOT BETTER.
SMOKEY,WAS NEEDE,TO HELP,THE YOUNGER CATS,ADAPT,TO THE RAINBOW BRIDGE,AND WITH HS GENTLE WAYS,SMOKEY,IS THE PERFECT MENTOR,FOR THE YOUNGER GENERATION,OF CATS,THAT ARE CROSSING OVER,TO PET HEAVEN.
HE WILL DO A SPLENDID JOG THERE,AND HE IS WHERE,HE,AND THE YOUNG CATS,NEED HIM,TO BE!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture700.jpg