PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid Disease question- I know I'm not alone!

Sirrahsim
08-27-2005, 12:41 AM
I have a question regarding my current sypmtoms. My history is long and complicated so I'll put it in a nutshell.
Dx'd Hyper with Graves- put on PTU
euthyoroid for a while then back hyper and back on PTU.
went hypo- stopped PTU- started synthroid-got pregnant and had Tyler.
At 6 wek postpartum check, OB noticed a goiter and ordered labs. First set of post partum labs came back severely hyper, second set came back severely hypo- went on Synthroid.

SO, now I am taking synthroid and am supposedly hypo. However, my thyroid gland has been getting quite large over the past few days. It is to the point where it is visible enough for hubby to notice it and point it out.
I thought these things grew along with being hyper.... so why is it growing if I'm hypo???

kittycats_delight
08-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Missy I think I would have them retest. And retest right away. You probably are no longer hypo but hyper and quite possibly severely hyper too.

Sirrahsim
08-27-2005, 01:38 AM
goodness gracious... as if I didn't have enough goin on right now :( I'll call the doc on monday

smokey the elder
08-27-2005, 07:40 AM
I sent you a PM.

sirrahbed
08-27-2005, 08:22 AM
I'd call the doctor and get it checked too Missy. But, a goiter is very common from being hypothyroid - it is trying to make hormone and so it keeps growing. Your TSH is probably high too....screaming for thyroid. But, yes - please get it checked - those crazy lab results you have had are screwy to say the least. The Synthroid should cause it to shrink but it takes time.

as if you didn't have enough to worry about!! (((((HUGS)))))

persianmom
08-29-2005, 12:39 AM
Missy my throid enlarge even though I was Hypo. Go see the doctor. I'll be there in a week and we will go have some fun. Oh I' know your feeling lonely right now. So wrap your arms around ourself and squezze real tight theres a hug from me to you. Love you.
Mom

Lobodeb
08-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Please see your endocrinologist as soon as possible. My mom had severe thyroid disease and her thyroid would go from hyper to hypo and back in a matter of days.

Thyroids are so difficult to regulate once they've gone haywire.

Good luck!

Sirrahsim
08-29-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm thinking that stress caused it to get so large all of the sudden. Now that Paul is on his way and the goodbyes are over it has gone back down :)