PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Food Dishes

kittycats_delight
08-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Ok I know there is a recipe thread but I thought I would do something a little different. Post pics of your favorite food dishes and the recipes.

Here are 2 of mine.

Herbed baked potato wedges & Italian Style Breaded Pork Fillet

First the
Herbed Potato
2 1/2 lbs of potato(preferable red potato)
basil
oregano
rosemary
salt
pepper
parlsey

prepare a baking dish approximately 10 x 9. pour extra virgin olive oil into the baking dish making sure to cover the entire bottom. put aside. Preheat over to 400 degrees. Prepare potatoes by cutting into 1 inch chunks. rince under water. Shake off excess water well. Pour them into baking dish over the oil. Sprinkle with pepper, basil, oregano, rosemary and parsley, a nice even covering of herbs. Then sprinkle top with course salt. Drizzle olive oil over top of potatoes. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and turn potatoes. return to oven and bake another 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Serves 4.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/PIC_0033.jpg

Breaded Pork Fillets
4 piece of pork fillet
olive oil
italian bread crumbs
basil
oregano
salt
pepper

in a bowl combine
1/4 cup of olive oil
equal amounts of oregano, basil, salt and pepper

on a plate place italian bread crumbs and sprinkle with salt and pepper

Heat a large heavy skillet with olive oil.

First dip the pork fillet into the oil mixture making sure to coat well both sides. then place coated pork fillet into bread crumbs coating again both sides. Proceed to place pork fillet into a very hot skillet with oil. Preceed with to do the same thing with the other fillets. Fry in very hot skillet for approximately 5 minutes each side. Remove and serve.

Serves 4
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/PIC_0040.jpg

Oggyflute
08-27-2005, 01:37 AM
A couple of my favourites are;

HOT BREAD DIP
(Created by Trev)

INGREDIENTS:
1 pack of 250gm cream cheese
2 cups of sour cream
2 cups of grated tasty cheese
400 grams of diced bacon
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
3 teaspoons (approx) of fresh chopped chives
1 round cob loaf

METHOD:
Cook bacon & set aside. Dice onion & cook through till it changes colour, then set aside. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, bacon, & onion. Mix well in mixing bowl. Crush garlic and add with chopped chives. Cut top of cob loaf, (one thick slice). Scoop out bread leaving shell. Tear bread into bite size portions and set aside. Fill loaf with dip mixture and cover with the cut slice of bread. Wrap in foil and cook in oven at 180 degrees C for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and remove foil. Take of lid and tear lid into pieces. Return to oven with bread pieces on a tray to crisp up for a further 10 minutes.
Serve immeadiately and enjoy. (more bread may be needed to crisp, in which case I recommend 4 long rolls torn into bite size pieces)

TUNA & MUSHROOM STUFFED TOMATOES
(Created by Trev)

Ingredients:
6 large tomatoes
Salt & pepper
30g butter
3 tbsp plain flour
300ml milk
250gm tuna (flaked)
6 mushrooms (diced)
½ green capsicum (diced)
1 brown onion (diced)
100gm cheddar cheese, grated

Preparation:
Heat oven to 190C.
Sauté onions. Capsicum and mushrooms until flavour released and colour turned. Remove from pan and set aside.
Cut tops off tomatoes. Hollow each one out, removing seeds and some flesh. Sprinkle lightly with salt inside and turn upside down to drain.
Meanwhile, heat butter and stir in flour. Off heat, whisk in milk. Return to heat and bring to boil, whisking continuously, until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in tuna, mushrooms, capsicum, onions and half the cheese. Season. Divide mixture into tomato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes until topping is golden brown.
Serve on a bed of tomato flavoured noodles or rice.

JenBKR
08-27-2005, 08:42 AM
I don't have a picture of this one right now, but this is the best apple pie ever! People ask me to make this now everywhere I go. I'll post the picture off of the recipe page...

Ingredients
1 recipe Pastry for Single-Crust Pie (see below)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 cups thinly sliced, peeled cooking apples
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup caramel ice-cream topping

Directions
1. Prepare Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 12-inch circle. Transfer pastry to a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim; crimp edge as desired.
2. For Crumb Topping, stir together brown sugar, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, and the oats. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until the topping mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl stir together the granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, the cinnamon, and salt. Add apple slices and gently toss until coated. Transfer apple mixture to the pastry-lined pie plate. Sprinkle Crumb Topping over apple mixture.
4. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until top is golden. Remove from oven; sprinkle pie with pecans, then drizzle with caramel topping. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings.
Pastry for Single-Crust Pie: In a bowl stir together 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/3 cup shortening until pieces are pea-size. Using 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water total, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water at a time over the flour mixture, tossing with a fork until all of the dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b333/Jen0429/applepie.jpg

dogzr#1
08-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Mushroom Filled Meat Loaf

1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, fork beaten
2 slices soft white bread, torn into small pieces
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons Butter Flavor CRISCO Stick or 2 tablespoons Butter Flavor CRISCO all-vegetable shortening
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
Glaze (optional) : 4 tablespoons steak sauce

Preheat oven to 350ºF. In large mixing bowl combine beef, milk, egg, bread pieces, parsley flakes, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside. Chill until ready to shape and fill.
In small skillet melt Butter Flavor Crisco. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook and stir over medium heat until onion is tender. Set aside.
On wax paper, pat chilled beef mixture evenly into 10 x 8-inch rectangle. Spread mushroom mixture over beef to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up rectangle tightly, beginning with shorter edge, using wax paper to lift. Press edges and ends to seal. Place loaf seam side down in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350ºF for 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until set and center no longer pink. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/wolfndoglvr/Random/mush-filled_meat_loaf.jpg

dogzr#1
08-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Paprika Chicken

3 tablespoons Butter Flavor CRISCO
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
1-1/4 cup cold water, divided
1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 whole boneless chicken breasts, split in half, skin removed
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup dairy sour cream
Hot cooked egg noodles

In large skillet melt Butter Flavor Crisco. Add onion, garlic and paprika. Cook and stir over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in 1 cup water, bouillon granules and salt. Heat to boiling. Add chicken breasts. Cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, turning meat once or twice. Transfer chicken to platter. Cover with foil and set aside.
Blend flour and remaining 1/4 cup cold water together. Blend into juices in skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and bubbles. Reduce heat. Blend in sour cream. Return chicken to sauce and cook until heated through. Serve over egg noodles.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/wolfndoglvr/Random/paprika_chk.jpg

JenBKR
08-27-2005, 11:01 AM
mmm, I'm getting hungry...

dogzr#1
08-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Me too *starts drooling*

katienoonan
08-27-2005, 12:47 PM
I am making a strawberry cheesecake for when Rob comes home(it's his favorite) for leave from Iraq. So, I will post the recipe if it comes out okay. :D Oh I am making it tomorrow and he will be home probably tuesday.