PDA

View Full Version : Manxamese Owners?

Bigears05
08-26-2005, 07:33 PM
I was just recently blessed or cursed (i dont know which yet) with my wild Manxamese kitty. He is only 10 weeks old and is getting big!! I really havent had to many cats before him, so i dont know much about behavoir. He is wild, and for some reason seems to have claws that would make a tiger jealous! I love him to death, big ears and all!!! Does any one else have a manxamese? I would love to find out more about the breed and share funny stories about my tailless wonder!

Here is Sid the Stud!!

http://www.geocities.com/vcbatman02/sid.jpg

CalliesMom
08-26-2005, 07:37 PM
I think most kittens are nawtee. At least Callie was. I just wanted to say you have a beautiful kitty!

catmandu
08-26-2005, 08:54 PM
I HAVE,TO ADMIT,THAT THAT BREED,IS A NEW ONE,ON ME,SID CERTAINLY,IS A BEAUTIFUL CAT,AND I THINK,THAT HE WILL GROW,INTO THOSE HUGE ERAS.
WHAT A SENSATIONAL LOOKING CAT!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture690.jpg

kittycats_delight
08-26-2005, 09:17 PM
So kitty is a Manx Siamese mix. Manxamese is no more a real breed than a calico is a breed of cat. I really hope you didn't pay top dollar for this little angel. Pet stores and backyard breeders do this kind of thing sooo much it makes me sick. I just hate when breeders try to pass of a mixed kitty as a new breed. They aren't a new breed. They are a breeders mistake and this is the reason sooo many breeders are hated. They are not trying to better the breed they just want to come up with something new to make money. :mad:

I don't mean to be rude and I am in no way anger with you. Sid is gorgeous. And his big ears are the cutest thing. I bet his butt is soooo cute when he runs. LOL

Welcome to PT btw. I am sure you will enjoy it here and enjoy the pics and stories of everyones pets. We look forward to seeing more of Sweet Sid. :)

rosethecopycat
08-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Welcome.
Sid is gorgeous. Don't worry about that kitten energy, it's normal. It will subside in about 2 years. :p

I foster for Siamese Rescue, and a fellow foster mama has 4 manx Meezers.
I hope there are no complications due to taillessness. Such as nerve damage, or bowel problems.

Just enjoy your boy!

He sure looks like a sweety!:D

wolfsoul
08-26-2005, 11:14 PM
I guess you could call my cat a manxamese. kittycats_delight is correct, there is no such breed as a manxamese. It's just a cat with siamese markings and no tail.

catnapper
08-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Welcome to PT! What a beautiful kitten!

Kitten have an adundance of energy! I currently have 4 running around my house right now... little hint - the really energetic ones are better in twos. They keep each other entertained and less work for the human! ;) I always have more than one foster kitten. I think my cats would revolt if I unleashed a kitten on them without a second kitten to keep the first kitten out of their fur.

Start trimming those nails now to get him used to regular trims.. oh how well I know those needlesharp claws! The first things my fosters kittens get when they come to me is a nail trim! :D Its as easy as holding a squiggling, squirming, wiley ball of fur! ;) Your vet should show you how to safely and properly trim his nails. It really is easy once the kitty knows there's no pain involved and once they figure out that if they stay calm and still the procedure goes much faster.

By the way, my name is Kim, and I have 4 grown cats of my own, one very grumpy adult foster who hates other cats and 4 kitten fosters (three of which only have three legs each). Again, welcome to PT. I hope you enjoy it here and get lots of good advice!

lady_zana
08-27-2005, 06:31 AM
ooooooooo, you can see the mischief in his pretty blue eyes!!:D I don't doubt that you have a handful with this one but he's so gorgeous, I think he could be forgiven for anything;) Hope to see more pictures of him soon, showing off those eyes and his little tailless bunny-butt.:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-27-2005, 07:00 AM
Ohhhhhhh, those big blue eyes!! Cannot be mad at him, hey :D

Bigears05
08-27-2005, 09:52 PM
thank you for all the kindness!! I love this place! Well, i kinda thought that Simanx or Manxamese or whatever was just a mix and not an actual breed, but i wont tell Sid... I just took him to get his boosters and made sure that the vet showed me how to clip his nails!! I have some more pics i am going to post.

Uabassoon
08-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Congrats on your new kitten! Kittens have a tendancy to be little terrors, but then when they grow up you will miss all the silly little things they did as kittens!

I have two cats Corkscrew is an orange tabby and Tibby is a siamese mix.

I can't wait to see more pictures of Sid, he sure is handsome!

MULTICATMOM
08-27-2005, 11:33 PM
HI, SORRY SO LSTE, I'VE BEEN AWAY FROM THE BOARDS. WELCOME TO PT!:D :D I THINK Y'ALL LOVE IT HERE!
I HAD 2 MANXMUTTS, 1 WAS STOLEN APPROX 90 DAYS AGO... HE WAS MR MISCHEIVOIUS! IS YOUR GUY INTO EVERYTHING? NOSEY WAS! I STILL HAVE DAISY, MY OTHER MANX MUTT. I'VE THEM TO FOLLOW YOU...THEY'RE LITTLE STALKERS;) THEY ALSO LIVE TO STEAL HUMAN FOOD! THEY'RE SMART, VERY TRAINABLE FOR CATS. DAISY'S SHY STILL, I'VE HAD HER 13 MONTHS. SHE HAS THE NICKNAME DAIRY DAISY, SHE LOVES CHEESE, SOUR CREAM, BUTTER:eek: SHE TRIES TO STEAL MY CHEESE QUESIDILLAS EVERYTIME! SHE LOVES GREEN BEANS TOO:rolleyes: CRAZY CAT...

I LOVE YOUR KITTY!! DOES SID HAVE SIBLINGS THAT WISH TO MOVE TO MID-TN?

I'LL TRY TO ATTACH PICS BUT I FORGET HOW...http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=2128156327

Bigears05
08-28-2005, 12:59 AM
Everything you said is Sid to the T!! He is into everything!! He loves playing in my mesh laundry hamper. Plays fetch, and jumps around like a rabbit! One thing he has done a couple of times is something i have never seen. When he is sleeping he talks, alot!! Its amusing, but is that normal? I know the siamese is known for their voice. As for siblings, i think all the kittens fused together to create one big monster, my Sid!!!

http://www.geocities.com/vcbatman02/sid7.jpg

G535
08-28-2005, 02:39 AM
Don't know about kitten energy subsiding in two years, mine is twelve and still tears around the house at one hundred miles an hour!

Sid is ever so handsome!

rosethecopycat
08-28-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Bigears05 When he is sleeping he talks, alot!! Its amusing, but is that normal?

How funny! :p :eek:

Don't know if it's normal. But I would just enjoy it, unless he keeps you up all night.:rolleyes:
Do you have 'movie' capabilities? So you could put a .wmv file on the post and we could hear these sounds.

My bluepoint, Snowy is a big talker (he's yelling in the bedroom, right now-looking for his purple toy) He's been that way since Day 1.
We video taped him kneading on his binkie and sent it in to America's Funniest Animal show. We got on TV and $100.

Sounds like Sid could get on TV too.

kolohe's human
10-10-2008, 03:22 PM
I also have a Siamese/Manx mix (I call him a "Siamanx")...he's 7 years old and neutered...born on 9/11/01 (which I should have taken into consideration, perhaps?). His name is King Kolohe o' Lolo (roughly translated from Hawaiian as "King Naughty and Crazy")...and at 7 years old he's still trying to live up to his name ;). He was a "wild kitty" to the extreme, and people kept telling me he would "grow out of it" HAHAHAHAHAHA!

He's one of the most intellligent cats who has ever owned me, but he goes through periods of being extraordinarily calm and mature and "purrfect"...and that's when I worry, because the spells of perfection are ALWAYS broken by equally Impressive spells of being really really "naughty and crazy"...

He has enough cat toys to keep an army of brat cats happy, and I am constantly rotating them so he doesn't get bored. He has me well trained...has a whole series of behaviors and vocalizations designed to get exactly what he wants...the most impressive is when he wants me to change his litter box, he takes papers out of my home office wastebasket and drags & leaves them all over the house. The other is a vocalization that he uses ONLY for when his food bowl is empty - a sort of "mrrrp?" sound that he will repeat with increasing volume until I feed him.

He is also most definitely a one-person cat and I have to warn people NOT to try to pet him or pick him up. Those who choose not to believe me have scars to prove that I'm not joking.

And, he likes to "steal" and hide stuff that he's figured out is important to me...my motorcycle keys are a favorite...also my TV remote...my pens/pencils...a couple of times has batted my cell phone off my desk and under the bed...and occasionally will steal my socks...JUST this morning he actually picked up my reading glasses in his mouth and was sneaking them out of my office when he thought I wasn't looking.

He ALWAYS just simply HAS to inspect everything I eat, but rarely will eat it himself...although he has developed a fondness for blueberry yogurt (I've got to remember to as his vet what this might mean the next time we go in...)

I don't know which of these behaviors and temperaments can be attributed to breed mix, and which to his birth date :rolleyes: - all I know is there are times when I think I should have named him "Kolohe bin Laden"...

Which is NOT to say that your kitten will end up with the same temperament...but if he does, that's OK...makes for a really interesting companion...

Kolohe's Human