PDA

View Full Version : Just got Photoshop CS2...

catnapper
08-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Now what do I do!? :D :p

I have no clue what to do with it! HELP! Hints, advice, tricks... I don't know the first thing about it!

kittycats_delight
08-26-2005, 06:34 PM
I have Photoshop CS2. Let me have a look and find the PDF files I have. I have the users guide here somewhere and some hints and tricks.

Suki Wingy
08-26-2005, 06:37 PM
It's really fun! Click and hold on tha lasso tool to get the magnetic lasso, for selecting things easily. Hold down shift to add to the selection, alt to take away. the little buttons on the bottom of the layers bar go things. The first one is the layer styles (outer, inner glow, shadow, bevel, etc.) and the trash is to delete selected layers. One of them adds a new layer. Under Filter---> filter gallery you can see a preview of all the filters you can do to it.
Those are what I think are the most important, and the help is useful. Hope you have fun!

rkidsrcats
08-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Hi Catnapper,
I teach Photoshop CS in the evenings for a community college I work for. Feel free to send questions and I'll try to help if I can.

The Adobe website has some tutorials on their website that may help get you started and I have some step-by-step tutorials that if you just follow each step, you end up making a really cool picture while learning about different parts of the program.

Be patient...Photoshop has a LOT OF STUFF in it and I'm learning something new everytime I teach it.

rkidsrcats

dukedogsmom
08-26-2005, 07:25 PM
www.pslover.com

catnapper
08-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Ooo... I'd love the sample tutorial where I make a cool picture!

dukedogsmom
08-26-2005, 10:14 PM
That site I gave you has tons of tutorials in it.

slleipnir
08-27-2005, 12:38 AM
I'd help you, but I don't even have PS 7 anymore :( stuck with lousey PS 5.5 :( -sigh-

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-27-2005, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
That site I gave you has tons of tutorials in it.

Yup, that is right! But, but where can I find a tutorial for "the very basics"?? I mean, I don't understand the meaning of all the symbols, buttons, icons on the starting page, so I am stuck....