PDA

View Full Version : Yikes! What happened?!?!?

catnapper
08-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Today Elfie was sitting in my lap (which is her favorite place) and I noticed her gum line looked funky... upon investigation, her tooth was sticking straight OUT instead of UP. What do you think could have happened? Nobody was fighting - I'd have heard that. There have been no hisses or growls at all for a few days. There's a bit of blood below the tooth, but she doesn't seem to be effected by it at all. I have emergency emails into the rescue, but everyone's on vacation!!!! I can't take her to the vet without permission PLUS, I don't have the time right now! SUPER busy (been reading but not posting so I appologise to everyone. see comments below for answers to a few thread)

Photo below, so don't scroll down if you're squeemish

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/tooth.jpg

Comments on missed threads:
DJFyrewolf... snicker -- you succumbed again!
Jazzcat -- OMG Rumor is tooo too cute with that blanket!
Mommyof3cats... snicker to you too!
Noahsmommy - go with #3
Krazyaboutkatz: happy birthday Sunny, glad to see you love your new present! :D

Thanks for any ideas about the tooth folks! Its very strange!

Lightning SuperCat
08-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Oh my gosh that is so wierd!! I hope you get her to the vet soon!! I hope nothing's wrong!! prayers and hugs!!! keeping fingers andpaws crossed for Elfie!!!!!

furrykidsmother
08-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Ouch!! Looks like it must have hurt. Hope you get a response from someone soon!

jackie
08-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Maybe the tooth was dying and her body is trying to push it out??? Whatever it is, I hope she is ok!

catnapper
08-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Poor thing! She is not at all bothered by it. I called the vet and they said to just watch her. :confused: They didn't seem concerned either.

Jackie, I'd hate to see the tooth die. She's only 5 months old. But with all the other health issues she has, I wouldn't be surprised.

Glacier
08-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Is it possible that she is teething and her permanent tooth is pushing her kitten tooth out? One of my dogs had something similar happen when he was a puppy and that's what it was. Took a couple days to resolve, but didn't seem to bother him at all.

kittycats_delight
08-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
Is it possible that she is teething and her permanent tooth is pushing her kitten tooth out?

My thoughts too or maybe while playing she cold have hit her little mouth and did it to herself.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Is it hurting when you push real hard on that tooth? It sure looks painful to me.... :eek:

jenluckenbach
08-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Is she losing her baby tooth? It appears that the new tooth is there (right behind) from what I can see in the picture.

jazzcat
08-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Ouch! I do agree with Jen, it looks like there is another tooth in behind, at least from that angle. Hope that it's just her baby tooth.

catnapper
08-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Is she losing her baby tooth? It appears that the new tooth is there (right behind) from what I can see in the picture.
Oh - my - goodness! You are right! DUH! No wonder the vet was so non-chalant about it! LOl. Can you all tell how exhausted I am. Its not even 4:00 here and I'm ready for bed for the night!