PDA

View Full Version : Clucking like a proud mother hen

FuzzyBunnyChainsaw
08-26-2005, 07:11 AM
First of all YAAAAAAAAAYY.

I need to brag!

I rescued a kitten 4 days ago, and she was pretty much in the same state that Skeletor was in when I found him (another kitten i attempted to rescue less than 2 weeks ago.. he passed away). She was dehydrated, had infected eyes and did not take well to being plucked from the street. I saw her on the way to college, basking in a beam of sunlight streaming through the trees and playing with scrap paper on the pavement of a big road, oblivious to everything around her. When I was on the way back, I peeked out when I was passing by the same place just for the heck of it, and noticed she was STILL there.. same spot. It was a sign! Luckily she was just two roads away from my house. I surveyed the situation. Alone for two hours.. playing next to open gutters (sigh, bombay) and stray dogs meandering about. I asked around in the nearby shops and nobody had seen a mother cat around so I whisked her away.
Long story short, the next day and a half was horrible, because she had the same symptoms and behaviour patterns that skeletor had before he died and I was quite sure she would not make it.
BUT NOW!
She sleeps peacefully through the night.
She has NEVER once poo-ed outside the litterbox.
She doesn't jump on the furniture or bite anyone in the family
She eats and drinks voraciously
Yesterday, the vet said she wasn't dehydrated anymore and her infection had completely cleared up. When she came home, she celebrated by hunting and playing for the first time!

I COULD NOT BE MORE PROUD OF HER!

I'm soooo glad she has started playing, because I have never seen anything more adorable.
She chews on the end of a brush and the other end pokes her in the belly and she gets FREAAAAAKED OUT!
For the last hour, she's been playing *inside her litterbox*, flapping and rolling and paddling like a fish! and now she's asleep in the litter!!! (Thank god it's fresh)
What a confused kitten.

Anyway, If i go on, i'll never stop, so on with pics :D

Here's the only good shot of her face... I'm trying not to use flash as much as possible so that she doesn't get spooked by the cam in the future
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/FuzzyBunnyChainsaw/raarrr11.jpg

This is a pic of her before her eye infection cleared up.. so her fur around her eyes look wet because of the drops
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/FuzzyBunnyChainsaw/Oranginess1.jpg

and finally.. SHE GLOWS :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/FuzzyBunnyChainsaw/Thekitten.jpg

Second thing....... I NEED A NAME FOR HER!!!
When i thought she was a boy i was going to name her Sarge
When i thought she was going to pass away (like most of my pets) i was going to name her grim reaper. Then to lighten it a bit, I changed it to Grim Fandango
Then saucy.. and scrapped that....
Then Leonius (because she looks like a lion cub)
and then constantina to signify that she will stay with me forever and it's a pretty name :D

but i'm not satisfied with ANY of them! please help me.. i like unique and sometimes dark names.. i've never had so much trouble naming a pet before :mad:

furrykidsmother
08-26-2005, 07:22 AM
Oh boy! I get to be the first to congratulate you!! So glad she is doing well, such a pretty little thing!! Actually I do like the name Constantina, I think it suits her. Keep us up to date on her and more pictures please!! Thank you for saving her!

catmandu
08-26-2005, 07:23 AM
HOW ABOUT KARINA,AS THAT LITTLE CAT MOM,WHO WENT,TO THE RAINBOW BRIDGE,AFTER HAVING HER 5 KITTENS,WOULD JUST LOVE,TO HAVE THAT GORGEOUS ORANGE KITTEN,NAMED AFTER HER.
BLESS,YOU FOR TAKING,THAT LITTLE WAIF,IN,AND YOU WILL BE REWARDED,WITH MANY YEARS,OF LOVE,FOR YOUR KINDNESS!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture675.jpg

THIS WAS KARINA,A VERY LOVELY CAT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos888.jpg
PLEASE COSIDER THE NAME KARINA,AS A TRIBUTE,TO A VERY UNFORTUNATE CAT.

Poo
08-26-2005, 07:27 AM
Well done you for saving this little kitty. I too like Constantina, I think it's a great name. Or how about Connie.
Sounds like she has stolen your heart.

Nicki x

Randi
08-26-2005, 07:32 AM
What a sweet little girl she is - are you sure it's a she? Normally orange cats are male.

She is one lucky girl and simply adorable, I'm so glad you rescued her! :) :) She sure enjoys being with you - no wonder. :D

I like the name Constantina - or perhaps just Tina.

Give her lots of kisses from me and Fister. :p

FuzzyBunnyChainsaw
08-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
[B]HOW ABOUT KARINA,AS THAT LITTLE CAT MOM,WHO WENT,TO THE RAINBOW BRIDGE,AFTER HAVING HER 5 KITTENS,WOULD JUST LOVE,TO HAVE THAT GORGEOUS ORANGE KITTEN,NAMED AFTER HER.

Oh! i've never heard of her. Can you tell me more?

catlady1945
08-26-2005, 10:43 AM
She is so pretty. The name, Sunny, comes to mind - not very dark, though. Thank you for taking her in.

How are things in Mumbai now? My daughter just returned at the beginning of August & it was pretty bad.

FuzzyBunnyChainsaw
08-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Oh the weather is fine now, just some light drizzling but otherwise there have been lot of changes with policies (plastic bags that clogged the drains and contributed to the flooding have been banned and such). The worst bit is, there are lot of diary farms within the city and THOUSANDS of heads of cattle died.. it was horrible...
also a fleet of these kittens and puppies got pneumonia and they're still suffering.
I guess people are too busy rescuing themselves to notice the animals.

lvpets2002
08-26-2005, 10:58 AM
;) ;) Wow what a beuty/cutie & great going meowmie for the rescue && how about the name Goldie ..

jackie
08-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Aw, those pictures broke my heart! I can't think of any names off the top of my head, but she sure is a stunner!

RedHedd
08-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by lvpets2002
;) ;) Wow what a beuty/cutie & great going meowmie for the rescue && how about the name Goldie .. I thought of Goldie too as she reminds me of my RB Goldie who looked just like that when she was a little one.