PDA

View Full Version : Any Kinky Friedman Fans?

lynnestankard
03-06-2002, 09:21 AM
Just wondered if any of you are fans of Kinky Friedman - I've been reading and enjoying his books for years - and today I've found his website and guess what - he's doing lots of work for a pet rescue centre in Texas!!:D

You can go straight to the rescue centre at:
www.utopiarescue.com

Pay a visit - apart from the great work their doing - it's real good fun.

Lynne

aly
03-06-2002, 10:57 AM
I've been to that site before I think. But I've never really looked around it. I want this baby:

http://www.utopiarescue.com/wanted/ricky%20ricardo.jpg

lbaker
03-06-2002, 12:52 PM
HAH! Maybe he would like to visit us for our TX April roundup :D :cool: L

tatsxxx11
03-06-2002, 05:59 PM
I see him on Imus frequently in the morning before work. He does mention his work with animals on occasion. This confirms it. Good job Kinky!! Thanks for the link!

Angels3
03-06-2002, 08:42 PM
Yes, Lynne, I have read & enjoyed the Kinkster's books. They're amazing...he can be saying something really funny & suddenly he'll drop in something serious. Or the other way round. I used to drive my family & friends crazy by reading out bits of the books to them.
I love his cat that he leaves in charge of his office whenever he goes out.

Somehow I found out about his Utopia ranch in Texas where animals are saved & rehomed. There are wonderful stories on that website about some of the animals they've saved.

It'd be great if the Pet Talkers who'll be meeting up in Texas could make contact with the Kinkster & his animal-loving friends.
Marie:)