PDA

View Full Version : Men smarter than women?

PJ's Mom
08-25-2005, 03:12 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/4183166.stm

According to this article, men are smarter than women. Couldn't prove it by me. :D

beeniesmom
08-25-2005, 03:14 PM
nah.... I don't agree!

Sally was driving home from one of her business trips in Northern Arizona when she saw an elderly Navajo woman walking on the side of the road. As the trip was a long and quiet one, she stopped the car and asked the Navajo
woman if she would like a ride. With a word or two of thanks, she got into the car. After resuming the journey and a bit of small talk, the Navajo woman noticed a brown bag on the seat next to Sally.

"What's in the bag?" asked the old woman. Sally looked down at the brown bag and said, "Oh that ; it's a bottle of wine. I got it for my husband."

The Navajo woman was silent for a moment, and then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder simply said, "Good trade".

cyber-sibes
08-25-2005, 03:39 PM
ROTFLOL!!!!:D

Muddy4paws
08-25-2005, 03:53 PM
The results were rigged!! Was it done by men? :p

davidpizzica
08-25-2005, 05:13 PM
I definitely agree wth the article. A lot of good points were raised. I think men are smarter!

wolfie
08-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Objection!

lol beeniesmom!

jesse_3
08-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Well, I think that it is an OBVIOUS scam to make men feel *better* about themselves.

As for the Navajo woman, such a BRILLIANT answer! LMAO!!!!!

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

Barbara
08-26-2005, 02:52 AM
In their dreams:D

G535
08-26-2005, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Barbara

Ditto!!! :)

NoahsMommy
08-26-2005, 04:51 AM
While I'll be the first one to tell you I'm a feminist, I don't think sex determines intelligence.

Everyone has their own qualities...regardless of race or sex.

beeniesmom
08-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by jesse_3
Well, I think that it is an OBVIOUS scam to make men feel *better* about themselves.

As for the Navajo woman, such a BRILLIANT answer! LMAO!!!!!

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

:D PJ's MOM, sorry if I am highjacking your thread.... I can't help myself and HAVE to post this here:

NEW EVENING CLASSES FOR MEN!!!
ALL ARE WELCOME!
OPEN TO MEN ONLY!!

Note: Due to the complexity and level of difficulty, each course will accept a maximum of eight participants each.

1 "HOW TO FILL ICE- CUBE TRAYS."
Step by step with slide presentation.

2. "TOILET PAPER: DOES IT GROW ON THE HOLDERS?"
Roundtable discussion.

3. "DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE LAUNDRY BASKET AND THE FLOOR."
Practicing with hamper. Pictures and graphics.

4. "THE AFTER-DINNER DISHES AND SILVERWARE: DO THEY LEVITATE & FLY INTO KITCHEN SINK OR DISHWASHER BY THEMSELVES?"
Debate among panel of experts.

5. "LOSS OF VIRILITY: LOSING THE REMOTE CONTROL TO YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER."
Help line and support groups.

6. "LEARNING HOW TO FIND THINGS, STARTING WITH LOOKING IN THE RIGHT PLACE INSTEAD OF TURNING THE HOUSE UPSIDE DOWN WHILE SCREAMING."
Open forum. |

7. "HEALTH WATCH: BRINGING HER FLOWERS IS NOT HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH."
PowerPoint presentation.

8. "REAL MEN ASK FOR DIRECTIONS WHEN LOST."
Real-life testimonial from the one man who did.

9."IS IT GENETICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO SIT QUIETLY AS SHE PARALLEL PARKS?"
Driving simulation. |

10. "LIVING WITH ADULTS: BASIC DIFFERENCES BETWEEN YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR WIFE."
Online class and role-playing.

11. "HOW TO BE THE IDEAL SHOPPING COMPANION."
Relaxation exercises, meditation and breathing techniques.

12. "REMEMBERING BIRTHDAYS, ANNIVERSARIES, OTHER IMPORTANT DATES AND CALLING WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE."
Bring your calendar or PDA to class. |

13. "GETTING OVER IT: LEARNING TO LIVE WITH BEING WRONG ALL THE TIME."
Individual.

Oggyflute
08-27-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
nah.... I don't agree!

Sally was driving home from one of her business trips in Northern Arizona when she saw an elderly Navajo woman walking on the side of the road. As the trip was a long and quiet one, she stopped the car and asked the Navajo
woman if she would like a ride. With a word or two of thanks, she got into the car. After resuming the journey and a bit of small talk, the Navajo woman noticed a brown bag on the seat next to Sally.

"What's in the bag?" asked the old woman. Sally looked down at the brown bag and said, "Oh that ; it's a bottle of wine. I got it for my husband."

The Navajo woman was silent for a moment, and then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder simply said, "Good trade".
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/oggyflute/image007.gif

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-27-2005, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Barbara

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JenBKR
08-27-2005, 07:37 AM
ROFLMAO beeniesmom!! I really need to sign my hubby up for most of those classes!!

lizbud
08-27-2005, 10:16 AM
:D I agree with this comment.

It really does amuse me that some men need to keep creating these tests to prove to themselves that they are more capable than women. I don't read about a rush of women psychologists doing the same thing. Maybe the women know the truth anyway or maybe they just don't care.
Hazel, Sheffield

RICHARD
08-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by lizbud

It really does amuse me that some men need to keep creating these tests to prove to themselves that they are more capable
than women.

Here's the real test.

Have a woman change a flat.,

Have a man prepare a dinner.

One starves the other never gets there...

It's a tie.:p

kittycats_delight
08-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Here's the real test.

Have a woman change a flat.,

Have a man prepare a dinner.

One starves the other never gets there...

It's a tie.:p

OOOPS....that doesn't work I can do both :p

poofy
08-27-2005, 05:37 PM
Men listen with only one side of their brains, while women use both, according to information on brain imaging presented http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/11/001129075326.htm
I have read that women can come to a correct decsion quicker than men becaue they can use both sides of their brain at a time, and men can only use one side at a time..lol..Makes sense to me.http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/lol.gif