PDA

View Full Version : Help My Drapples!!

sandragonfly
08-25-2005, 01:58 AM
:( I don't know what's matter with my dear longfin purple/red betta, drapples!

I just got home, found him laying on gravels, gasping for breaths! I absolutely have no idea how or why it's happening just today!

I've been changing his water weekly, along with betta coat protection chemical C20+ and I never changed his water since last friday.. he was grand yesterday. he has no plants, he reacts no good to these, any - (silks, plastic & nature).

HELP! I can't lose that precious right now..he's also my first betta I've had for a pretty long time! (almost two years)....... :( :( heartbreaking!!

Addie
08-25-2005, 06:10 PM
what i have learned with betas is that you need a living plant to help create oxygen in the air. it could also be something with the food. If you increased the diet then it will eat all the food and get sick. I would get a real witer plant. You can get them at wal marts and pet stores and they cost around 3 dollars. Try that.

sandragonfly
08-25-2005, 06:45 PM
thank you addie. I just took out the nature plants (about three months ago) because it stresses him too much. he wouldn't sways around that much - and he was much better without plants.. (???)

Lexi_Lover
08-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Try and bring him to shallower water, take a majority of the water in his tank out, so maybe its only filled halfway or so. That way, he will come up for air sooner if he needs it. Maybe its because he feels so deep that he NEEDS to gasp. This way, he will know that air is right there for him.

How do you mean GASPING Gina? :confused:

kittycats_delight
08-25-2005, 06:51 PM
I would probably add some aquarium salt too. It will never hurt and it always seems to help some.

sandragonfly
08-29-2005, 06:01 PM
thanks everyone! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87314)

:( :( I miss him dearly already!