PDA

View Full Version : ***Alert!*** Posting Attachments

Karen
08-24-2005, 10:43 PM
We have turned of attachments because the Pet Talk database is now "full" and cannot accept any more.

How a database can be "full" is a mystery to us, and we are looking into fixing that. There is plenty of room on the volume on which Pet Talk rests. We are looking into upgrading the software, however this means that Pet Talk would have be offline, unavailable perhaps for as long as a day or two.

You can still post images that are hosted elsewhere, like Imagestation or Photobucket, just NO attachments.

You do not need to delete any old posts, don't worry.

Karen
08-24-2005, 11:24 PM
We are going to delete all the old threads from The Dog House.

If you really want something from there, you should save a copy of it now.

Karen
08-24-2005, 11:26 PM
If you have any very large attachments, like movies, that you wouldn't mind removing, please do so.

Again, only if you don't mind. And once this problem is solved, you may be able to repost them if you change your mind.

popcornbird
08-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Oh no! Hope you'll be able to solve this problem soon! I don't 'think' I have any big attachments anywhere...but if I find any, I will delete them.

sandragonfly
08-25-2005, 12:38 AM
uh-oh. okay.

don't think I've ever attached a movie or large attachment before, never liked to.

grand luck.

dukedogsmom
08-25-2005, 02:59 AM
There's a few threads here in general about what's on our desktops. I know there's lots of attachments there if it would help removing them.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-25-2005, 04:46 AM
have to get the hang of imagestation I guess! Hope it gets sorted out soon

Randi
08-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Karen and Paul, I hope you'll be able to solve the problem, it does sounds weird. :confused:

Good luck!! :)

If you do take PT offline, will you let us know from when, please? :p

An easy way to find popular threads is to open the particlar Forum and then click on "Replies" (next to "Thread starter"), the ones with the most replies will be on top.

If anyone wants the Doghouse threads, John posted in, I've got them. ;)

Karen
08-25-2005, 07:32 AM
It's mostly attachments that are at issue, not posts, and we hope to get this solved as soon as we can.

Yes, if we are going to do the upgrade, we will let everyone know with as much notice as we can, and then you'll get an announcement too, when you try to log in.

Lexi_Lover
08-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Karen, I have posted sevral movies of Lexi somewhere and I can delete them if you wish. It doesn't matter to me, as I still have them saved here. :) As well as all the siggies I've made. I've attached them, but everybody has uploaded theirs! :) Just let me know!

Karen
08-25-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
Karen, I have posted sevral movies of Lexi somewhere and I can delete them if you wish. It doesn't matter to me, as I still have them saved here. :)

That'd be great! Thanks, everyone!

Lexi_Lover
08-25-2005, 07:54 AM
No problem! :D All complete!

Logan
08-25-2005, 08:23 AM
Karen, do I need to delete the whole post where a video is attached? I don't see any other way to edit it out. :confused: and :o

slick
08-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Karen
We are going to delete all the old threads from The Dog House. If you really want something from there, you should save a copy of it now.
Oh no, that means all the Thursday threads will be gone.....

There are a couple that I want to save off. How much time do I have??? I'm in a rush this morning and won't get a chance to start until 10am PST when I get to work....

lvpets2002
08-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Ok & thank you for noting what is going on Karen,, I {Splenda} was trying to get packed & get ready for Inka's Birthday party yesterday & could not ever get my attachment to work.. I know my meowmie has account with Photo Bucket & we will load there..

Karen
08-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Karen, do I need to delete the whole post where a video is attached? I don't see any other way to edit it out. :confused: and :o

No, if you go to Edit a post, then look down at the bottom, there's a part that says "Remove attachment" as one of the choices.

Karen
08-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by slick
Oh no, that means all the Thursday threads will be gone.....

There are a couple that I want to save off. How much time do I have??? I'm in a rush this morning and won't get a chance to start until 10am PST when I get to work....

No, we're not deleting every single post from the Dog House, just ones Paul determines as "old." I do not yet know where the cut-off will be, you can PM him and ask.

dukedogsmom
08-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Ok. I think I deleted all of my videos. Hope that helps.

kittycats_delight
08-25-2005, 01:23 PM
removed the videos I had attached.

Karen
08-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks everyone! We'll let you know when the problem is solved.

sandragonfly
09-01-2005, 12:30 AM
...how's it going, paul/karen? :D