PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts For My Boyfriend Please...

DesertArabian
08-24-2005, 10:37 PM
:( I need some positive Pet Talk vibes, please! Tonight when I got home from work I called my boy friend Matt and his mom answered the phone and she told me he was in the hospital. About a half hour later his dad called me from the hospital. Today at football pratice he got his lower eyelid torn off- how the heck that happens, I don't know! He is going to have surgery tomorrow at 8AM. His dad is going to call me and keep me updated and let me know how his surgery goes. I got to talk to him for a couple of minutes after I talked to his dad, he said he is fine, but I am still freaking out- I could barely talk. Last year he broke his leg during football- geeze, guys and football...what is it with them!? :rolleyes:

So please, keep Matt in your thoughts and wish for a smooth trouble-free surgery tomorrow morning. Thank you!

I will let you know how he is doing when I hear from his dad.

~Laura

PJ's Mom
08-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Oh, how awful! I hope he has a speedy recovery. :eek:

Good thoughts coming your way.

Karen
08-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Yikes! Hope everything goes well with the reattachment!

K9karen
08-24-2005, 11:08 PM
*Shivers*. :eek: It sounds awful, poor guy. I'm sure the doctors will patch him up as good as new! This is one reason I don't watch football or the fights or heavy duty contact sports. It hurts me just to watch. :rolleyes:

sandragonfly
08-25-2005, 12:35 AM
oh my! :( *goosebumps*..

of course, hope for you too. and from all of my furrfaeries. I'm really curious how did it happened too.

a few years ago, my boy-friend was a football player and had his kneecap going back! *SHIVERS*..

let us know when you have an update, so sorry!

finn's mom
08-25-2005, 06:47 AM
Ouch, that sounds horrible. I hope the surgery goes (or went) well!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Hope he's okay

ramanth
08-25-2005, 11:04 AM
OW!!! :eek: :( :(

Lots of thoughts for your boyfriend.

beeniesmom
08-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Oooo, I hope he heals up quickly!

Desert Arabian
08-27-2005, 12:27 AM
Just thought I would give an update. I talked to him briefly on Thursday evening, but he was pretty doped up from all the medication, so we didn't talk for a long time. They had to rebuild his tear duct and had to put a stent in to make sure it drains properly and doesn't allow scar tissue to build up and block the duct. He said he isn't in any pain (thanks to the meds) but his eye is constantly tearing and running. He cannot go to pratices for a week, once he goes back he has to have a face shield on his helmet. I am going to see him tomorrow to see how bad it is first hand. I told him he is extremely lucky nothing happend to the actual eye and he didn't go blind!!!

Thank you for the positive thoughts.