PDA

View Full Version : PT Cat Calendar

Kfamr
08-24-2005, 06:52 PM
I really don't know if i'll have a lot of time to do this but i've been asked to do it so i'm going to try. I really need your cooperation and patience on this. And remember, I don't HAVE to do this - I'm doing it for you all. I have very limited time as of late so please be very patient.

I created a calendar for the PT DOGS - http://www.cafepress.com/dogcalendar.29564620

The "Rules" -

ONE ENTRY PER MEMBER! The photo entry can have more than 1 cat, but only 1 entry!
Photo must be above 1600x1200 pixel minimum. Photo entries smaller than that won't print right. The larger the photo the better!
Pictures of faces are preferred, that was it easier to see them in the calendar
Send your entries to [email protected] - In the subject line let me know which month you'd like your entry in. I may have to switch some around but it will give me a general idea where to put everyone. INCLUDE YOUR FIRST NAME & CAT/S NAME IN THE E-MAIL!
Have your entries in by SEPTEMBER 6TH. I will not accept entries later than that.
When you send me your entry, you're claiming it's ownership as well as giving me the permission to use it.

Entries I have so far: 17
January - Callie - Peanut, CrackerJack, & Tubby (2)
February - Scrappy 2 - Thunder, Gus, Chance & Ashton (2)
March - Millie - Oliver - Starr (3)
April - Freckles - Vixen - Livvy (3)
May - Noah - Squeekers - Lily (3)
June - Rumor - Sammy & Payton (2)
July - Willy - Maya & Inka (2)
August - Buddy - Peppito (2)
September - Lexie - Lillith (2)
October - Orion - Bella (2)
November - Calitt - Alabama (2)
December - Kiba - William - Brody (3)

kittycats_delight
08-24-2005, 06:54 PM
WOOHOOO !!!! Thanks sooo much Kay. :D I am submitting a pic now. I am sooo excited. YEAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!

*EDIT* I can't pick between 2 pics so I am getting a little help from PT. I will submit our choice by the end of Friday. :)

DJFyrewolf36
08-24-2005, 06:57 PM
I'll get a pic of the goofballs to you by Monday :) Sign me up!!

Oh, and that dog calender is absolutely awesome!

AlleyCat
08-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Well I don't know, guys ... Do you think I should submit this ??
or are you all sick of this picture yet ??? :)

http://www.chrisandreabeard.com/PTimages/toKfamr.jpg

NoahsMommy
08-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Oh Kay, I'm sooooo excited!!! Thank you so much for doing this!!

If I can help in ANY way, let me know, OK??

YAY!!!! :)

NoahsMommy
08-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by MommyOf3cats
Oh how adorable!! LOVE it!!

Sick of it??? NO WAY!!! :)

kittycats_delight
08-24-2005, 07:42 PM

You bet you should. How can anyone get sick of Millie in da sink?

Abby&Buddy'sMom
08-24-2005, 07:48 PM
I sent my entry in by pm. I cannot send out any outgoing e-mail, I do apologize that I could not follow your instructions:( please let me know if you received my entry ok. thanks much:)

NoahsMommy
08-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Abby&Buddy'sMom
I sent my entry in by pm. I cannot send out any outgoing e-mail, I do apologize that I could not follow your instructions:( please let me know if you received my entry ok. thanks much:)
If you want, you can PM it to me and I can email it for you?

Kfamr
08-24-2005, 08:24 PM
No worries, I e-mailed it to myself for her. :)

rg_girlca
08-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Thank you sooooo very much for doing this for us.

The dog calendar is awesome and I can't wait to see the cat one.

I sent off a picture for you to use but I am sorry to say that I forgot to mention which month to put it on. Actually it doesn't matter which month, I'm just thrilled to have one of my kitties on a calendar. :D

catmandu
08-24-2005, 09:58 PM
I HAVE SUBMITTED SCRAPPY 2,AND THAT WOULD BE A NICE TRANSITION,FROM BEING A PREGANT COLD LITTLE STARRY,TO BEING A CALENDAR CAT,IN LESS,THAN A YEAR,A REGULAR CINDERELLA KITTEN.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos921.jpg

WISH ME,LUCK,SCRAPPY 2!!

sandragonfly
08-25-2005, 01:14 AM
glad you could try this too.

editor, can you hold a month for me while I only could submit the photo this friday?

Kfamr
08-25-2005, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
glad you could try this too.

editor, can you hold a month for me while I only could submit the photo this friday?

My name is Kay and there's no reason to "hold" any months, as they won't be "full."

sandragonfly
08-25-2005, 03:48 AM
okay. it was in dog's. just asking.

you'll be getting mine soon.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-25-2005, 06:55 AM
I will try to enter my cats too! That dog calendar is gorgeous!!
Do you think they would ship overseas??

QueenScoopalot
08-25-2005, 07:26 AM
Skippy (one of my most precious special needs kitties) would be purrfect for Oct. but Orion has picked that month already. Does that make any difference? :confused: Great idea Kay!:)

*ABYCAT* Alice
08-25-2005, 07:52 AM

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!! Haven't seen thisone before when he looks into the camera. Has the other one as my desktop background picture. Such great pictures!

furrykidsmother
08-25-2005, 08:06 AM
MommyOf3cats, I don't think anyone could ever get sick of that picture. I just love it!!

ramanth
08-25-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Skippy (one of my most precious special needs kitties) would be purrfect for Oct. but Orion has picked that month already. Does that make any difference? :confused: Great idea Kay!:)
If you look at the dog calendar, you'll see that more than one dog is featured each month, so yes, Orion and Skippy could both be in October. :)

ramanth
08-25-2005, 08:47 AM
Well I was able to take one hi res of Zam but it's blurry. Darn cat hates having her photo taken. I'll try to get my two taken this weekend. :)

QueenScoopalot
08-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
If you look at the dog calendar, you'll see that more than one dog is featured each month, so yes, Orion and Skippy could both be in October. :)
I'm technologically illiterate, and tried to view the dog calendar, but failed.:rolleyes: I think these two (along with Orion) would all be great Oct/Halloween pictures....:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/MyprecioussnaggletoothedSkippyDoo.jpg
And this pic. of Lorraine's (rg-girlca) Willy.....:D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid171/p049dd615b21a402d0832f68df82e48ae/f3e0dc99.jpg

lvpets2002
08-25-2005, 02:40 PM
:rolleyes: Ok Kay I have E-mailed my Calitt's picture in to you.. In fact not to good at this & you will have 3 e-mails [:( sorry] One with the .jpg of Calitt & Second One with my whole album from Photo Buckets & Third one with the .jpg #.. I realy hope it turns out. I would be so so excited if my baby was on a calendar..

sandragonfly
08-25-2005, 03:01 PM
kay,

I just sent in my entry. did you got the picture allright? good size? I hope to have february, that was when they came. :)

this is what I sent - (http://tinypic.com/b5perp.jpg)

mommyof3cats, I hope you have that picture in 1600x1200!!

kuhio98
08-25-2005, 05:38 PM
This is a great idea. Does anyone know where the proceeds go? Is the money a fundraiser for something?

carole
08-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Kay how kind of you to do this for us, I would love my two to feature,but I don't have a good one of them together, so I have sent you one of Lexie, I have rather large pics and I am not sure if they are too big, I will try sending them anyhow and hope for the best. cheers.

How much will the calendars cost and will they beable to be sent overseas?

kittycats_delight
08-25-2005, 06:30 PM
I would think the cost will be the same as the dog calenders. $23.99 and that includes shipping.(I think) And I may be wrong but I think about once the cost of the calender and shipping are taken off the calender there is $4.00 or $5.00 from each calender that will be donated to shelters. I am sure Kay will clear all that up.

For one thing I think $23.99 is very reasonable. Most calenders at the calender stores are that price and this one will have OUR furrbabies so it's definately a good price when you get a calender with your own baby in it and all your friends babies too. :D

carole
08-25-2005, 06:38 PM
That is around 34 NZ dollars, if it includes shipping that would be pretty good I think, would be awesome to have my furbaby on it and all the other's I am familiar with on PT, what a great idea?

Kfamr
08-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
I will try to enter my cats too! That dog calendar is gorgeous!!
Do you think they would ship overseas??

I'm not sure on that one. I'll have to look into it. If they don't, I'll try and figure out how much money I'd need and i'll purchase one and send it.

Originally posted by QueenScoopalot

There's allowed to be several different entries for each month. :)

Originally posted by kuhio98
This is a great idea. Does anyone know where the proceeds go? Is the money a fundraiser for something?

I would like to keep some money for myself but I don't think anyone would like that. So, i'll be giving it all to the local humane society, or possibly finding a rescue in need.

I only get $5 from every calendar. The rest goes to cafepress.com. So far, from the dog calendar there is $279 total. $70 of it is in my name.

Originally posted by carole
How much will the calendars cost and will they beable to be sent overseas?

They will cost $19.99 plus a $4 shipping (according to their website)
I'm going to check on the sending overseas.

I will be updating the list for entries on the first post shortly.

AlleyCat
08-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
mommyof3cats, I hope you have that picture in 1600x1200!!

Yes, Gina, I had the original so I sent that off to Kay.

Kfamr
08-25-2005, 09:24 PM
I just looked on their website again, it seems they have an area when you go to order for out of Canada/US orders. It doesn't show any shipping difference. I still e-mailed them to check and make sure. I'll let you all know when I get a reply.

Kfamr
08-26-2005, 02:14 PM
For those of you overseas:
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=87107

Kfamr
08-26-2005, 04:41 PM
bump

krazyaboutkatz
08-26-2005, 07:19 PM
This sounds like a wonderful idea.:D Now I just have to either decide which picture to enter or try to take a new one of one of my furkids.:)

carole
08-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Alas I think that is going to be over my budget, but the idea is great and wonderful that the shelters benefit, good luck and I hope everything goes according to plan.:)

manda_moo87
08-27-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks so much Kay! I'm so excited! :D My entry will be sent sometime tomorrow... I'm still trying to choose a picture. :p Thank you so much!!

Kfamr
08-27-2005, 01:33 PM
bump

slleipnir
08-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks a lot kay :) -hugs-

Kfamr
08-27-2005, 03:21 PM
No problem. I'm hoping more people plan to participate. :)

kittycats_delight
08-27-2005, 05:15 PM
I think there will be many more. Like me and many others I think a lot of us are having problems deciding what photo to enter. :)
Shady has got to enter one of her babies, Robyn has some great pics of Emma. UMMMMM....I think I need to start PMing some people and tell them not to forget to enter their babies. :D A PT cat calender will not be complete without lots of wonderful, beautiful PT kitties.

Kim, Jen, Donna, Deb, Debbie, Lisa (CCL), Lisa(k&L), Rose, and everyone. Get those kitty pictures in. It will be great to have all our gorgeous PT babies together in one calender. :D

jenluckenbach
08-27-2005, 06:31 PM
I am not entering a cat. I could never choose just one. I like the idea though and have been reading this thread with interest.

NoahsMommy
08-28-2005, 05:49 AM
Just sent mine! :)

AmberLee
08-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Jen, I'm not sure about size restrictions, and I'm too sleepy to be clear on details at the moment... but you did have a shot of a good dozen of your darlings preparing for treats in the kitchen that warmed my heart. (Maybe a year or so ago?) Perhaps someone could photoshop it to the right dimensions? It would be such a draw!

Now to go hunt up photos of my darlings ... and try to figure out the dimensions!

Thanks for the PM update, I did miss this thread!

manda_moo87
08-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Just sent mine in... :)

luvofallhorses
08-28-2005, 12:22 PM
I will *try* to get a picture of Miagi and Tiger together.

NoahsMommy
08-28-2005, 04:17 PM
I PMed a few people that I didn't see responding to this thread. :)

*bump*

Kfamr
08-29-2005, 04:01 PM
*Bump* Edited the list.

Remember, you only have until September 6th.

luckies4me
08-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Kay, do you think this photo of Strawberry would work? Or does it need to be more wide than tall? Let me know and if not I can try to take a new photo. I will try for a better one later on anyway if I can. But definitely count me in! :D

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/BengalsBuddies/c6fcc261.jpg

If that works I can send you the larger file. :)

luckies4me
08-29-2005, 04:56 PM
The resolution would be:

Height= 2048 by Width= 1536

Sonia59
08-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Just sent mine!

The idea of this calendar is so exciting! I love the dog calendar! Thank you very much kay for trying to do this job for us! :)

Kfamr
08-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Luckies, I don't see why not. Just send it to the e-mail. :)

I'll be updating the list shortly. I wanted to remind everyone, ONE ENTRY PER PET TALK MEMBER! :)

Lobodeb
08-30-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm trying to get one of my two boys together, however, they're not making it very easy.

I will get you something before the deadline.

Thanks again, Kay.

PS, I wouldn't be upset by you keeping a little something for yourself. You've put a lot of time into this. You cerntainly deserve something.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-01-2005, 03:31 AM
I finally mailed a picture of my cats! It is Maya & Inka together in a basket! What do you think, it is worth a place in the PT-cats-calendar?
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/twee1.jpg

BitsyNaceyDog
09-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
I finally mailed a picture of my cats! It is Maya & Inka together in a basket! What do you think, it is worth a place in the PT-cats-calendar?
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/twee1.jpg

Oh yes! That is a great picture of the two of them.

sandragonfly
09-01-2005, 11:36 AM
absolutely, lut!! very pretty one. :)

sandragonfly
09-01-2005, 02:58 PM
kay, can you please change from ashton to echo.

I'm still not sure about thunder, keep that - otherwise you'll hear from me.

thanks.

Suki Wingy
09-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Is it ok if she's not my cat? I have a nice pic that I took of my aunt's little scottish fold, if you need more entries

catnapper
09-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Kay, I want to submit one, but I'm terribly swamped here! I hpe I remember to submit by Tuesday... its the purrfect date to pick because I'll remember it -- its my birthday! :D

Oh what picture will I use???? I need time to riffle through everything and pick one!

Lobodeb
09-01-2005, 04:12 PM
I finally got one of the little buggers together!

I e-mailed it to you, Kay.

Thanks again for doing this.

cloverfdx
09-02-2005, 10:25 AM
I will get a bigger sized one of Yumi tomorrow and email it strait to you Kay :D.

Cataholic
09-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Kay, I sent mine, but, didn't see Alabama included on the updated list. Did you receive it? Thanks.

Kfamr
09-02-2005, 01:02 PM
i haven't had the chance to update it

krazyaboutkatz
09-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Kay, I just sent mine in and I hope it'll be large enough. Please let me know. Thanks.:)

Pawsitive Thinking
09-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Hi Kay - thanks for doing this for the pusscats! I've just sent in Brody's entry. She actually owns me - Denise :D

kittycats_delight
09-05-2005, 10:40 AM
I submitted Lilith's picture some time ago. I hope you got it. I guess you will be updating the list after the deadline tomorrow.

AmberLee
09-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Lady Olivia d'Flufferuni's photos sent.

Kirsten
09-05-2005, 02:55 PM
I have just emailed you a picture of Lily; had a hard time to chose a photo as I have thousands of my girls...

What a wonderful idea to make such a calendar, Kay! Thanks for doing this for us! The dog calendar looks awesome!!

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
09-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Kay, I just sent you another larger picture of Starr because I think the first one is too small for you to use.:)

Sonia59
09-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the update! And Yippiiie, my Peppito is in it! OK, OK, I know the calendar is not done yet...:) :) :)

christa
09-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Well CRAP!!! I thought I had until the 9th to enter a photo. I can't believe I missed out. :(

moosmom
09-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Oh Michelle,

That picture of Millie is hysterical!!!! I think it should be a centerfold.