PDA

View Full Version : Back from my Interview/Testing at the hospital

NoahsMommy
08-24-2005, 06:14 PM
And....it went really well!! :)

I took a customer service test, an Excel test and a typing test and I did great on all three.

I had an interview next and I feel like it went really, really well. :) The young woman that interviewed me seemed to like my answers - and to top it off, its a Christian hospital! When I asked about that, she said she was REALLY happy I did my research and that is was an EXCELLENT question. Yay!! I was genuinely curious about how its run differently, but guess it helped. :)

While waiting for the interview portion to start, I was looking around and saw their mission statement:

The Mission of Simi Valley Hospital is to exhibit the healing ministry of Jesus by providing quality service and compassionate care for our patients, their families, our staff, and our community.

I simply love this! I believe in this fully...

And....this is what I found on their website:

Our Values

Excellence: We strive to provide a level of excellence in service, which meets our customers' expectations.

Integrity: We conduct our business with integrity, fairness and accountability.

Respect: We appreciate and respect the diversity of our patients, employees, physicians, volunteers, business colleagues, visitors and all who interact with us.

Healthful Living: We commit time, talent and financial resources to promote the principles of healthful living and illness prevention in our community.

Our Vision

We're here for you!

I just hope this is what is in the plans for me. :)

She told me I'd hear something this week or next by the latest. I'll be sure and keep you all updated.

BTW, I applied for five positions:
Admitting Receptionist
HR Asst
Medical Records Tech III
Medical Staff Asst.
Patient Representative

I would prefer the positions that deal directly with the patients, but would be happy with any of them. My first choice would be Admitting Receptionist.

DJFyrewolf36
08-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Excellent!! It seems as if this hospital is a good place for you! :D

*HUGS* I am so happy it went well for you! Interviewers are kind of transperant, so if you got a good vibe from her, you should be A-OK!

neko1
08-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Good Luck!:)

dukedogsmom
08-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Good luck! Glad to hear it went well. Wasn't it refreshing to be at a hospital as something other than a patient?

Kfamr
08-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Good luck, Kelly! I hope you get what you want. :D
{{HUGS}}
Kay

catlover4ever
08-24-2005, 07:01 PM
We have fingers and all paws crossed for you Kelly.

kuhio98
08-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Kelly ~ Fingers and paws crossed! I didn't know you had an interview set up. I guess I've been in my own world (or Halo's world) so I haven't been keeping up like I should. Keep us posted!
Lisa

carole
08-24-2005, 09:48 PM
kelly I sure hope you get the position you want so bad, if it is mean't to be, it will happen, fingers and paws are crossed here for you as well, let us know as soon as you hear something, here's hoping.........................:)

finn's mom
08-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Wow, that sounds like a perfect match! I hope your good feelings become a good job! :)

K9karen
08-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Good Luck Kelly! Positive thoughts that you get the job you want! After I recuperate, I'm going to try to work in the medical field too. I think after both our extensive hospital experiences, we know what it takes. I hope they let you know soon. I can't stand the suspense! :eek:

shais_mom
08-24-2005, 11:16 PM
paws and fingers crossed

finn's mom
08-25-2005, 06:55 AM
bumping this back up, this is great news! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
08-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Well done - sounds like you did a great interview

Rachel
08-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Excellent! Congratulations on doing so well on those tests and in the interview. I'm sure they will be able to find a spot for you and once you've got your foot in the door, there most surely will be many more possibilities.

furrykidsmother
08-25-2005, 08:54 AM
Wishing you the very best Kelly! Hope you get what you want. Sounds like it would be a wonderful place to work! Good luck!!

JenBKR
08-25-2005, 09:44 AM
Wishing you the best of luck! Can't wait to hear if you got the job *hugs*

NoahsMommy
08-25-2005, 08:28 PM
You'll be the first to know if I hear anything. :)

Thanks for the good wishes.

krazyaboutkatz
08-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Good luck Kelly!!!:D I sure hope that you get one of the positions that you applied for. It sounds perfect for you.:)

Pam
08-26-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Wasn't it refreshing to be at a hospital as something other than a patient?

That was my first thought too! Kelly I hope you get one of those positions. It sounds like a good place for you no matter what slot you wind up filling!

NoahsMommy
08-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Val and Pam,

YES! Its always nice when I'm there for anything other than my health. ;)

PJ's Mom
08-26-2005, 09:28 AM
This is exciting! Good luck. We have fingers and paws crossed for you. :D

ramanth
08-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Good luck!! :D

Jadapit
08-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Wishing you the best of luck on the job!:) I love you new sig. Did you make it?

*edit* I didn't see it at first, you posted who made your sig under it. It's so pretty.