PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Cell Phone ringers...

DJFyrewolf36
08-24-2005, 04:01 PM
*Grumble...*

Everyone that works (and even comes into) my office has a cell phone. Everyones cell phone goes off at least once. Most of them have really ANNOYING ringtones...stupid little songs that get stuck in your head for hours even if you only hear it once.

Although mine is annoying too I guess...I have birds chirping as my cell phone ring for my family :D and a techno song for anyone else but I usually pick up before it rings because it vibrates first.

Anyone else suffer from the problem of getting everyones cell phone noise in your head or am I just being wierd?

sirrahbed
08-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Some of the cellphone tones are pretty cute - love the kitty MEOW! BUT, so many are ringing so loudly and some sound so irritating that it drives me nuts too;)

DJFyrewolf36
08-24-2005, 04:55 PM
I have this problem of songs getting stuck in my head...then they mix in with the music I'm listening to (Dang DJ ears lol)

Its not so much the songs themselves as it is the fact that they wont stop playing in my head heh.

sirrahbed
08-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Ok Kristina - here ya go...

You know that Toby Keith song..."I ain't as good as I once was..."

Can you hear it?

TA-DA! Now that cellphone song is gone:D

DJFyrewolf36
08-24-2005, 05:05 PM
LOL thank you

*I almost spit Mr Pibb on myself...*

Logan
08-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Hehehe! Mine says "Hello Moto" and plays this silly tune! :o I know I probably annoy and shock people, too! LOL!!!!!

Twisterdog
08-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Oh I HATE those. My boyfriend's plays The William Tell Overture. Grrrrrrr.........

carole
08-24-2005, 09:40 PM
I think it is kinda cute, but then I am not stuck in an office all day hearing them all go off lol.

I remember the first time my phone rang and was playing a tune I had selected, I was out shopping, and wondered where on earth the music was coming from, until DUH here realised it was her very first phone call on her brand new cell phone, nowadays I am a bit more switched on to it, excuse the pun.:) :D

catnapper
08-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Some of the cellphone tones are pretty cute - love the kitty MEOW! Heeehee.. thats what my ring tone is and I'm devastated that we'll be gettign new rings .... what about my meow??

I hate some of the rings out there. My cousin will be the godfather for my other cousin's baby. At the shower he showed off the ring tone for when she calls him -- the theme song from the Godfather. Took me a few minutes before I put two and two together -- Godfather the movie to him being a godfather for her baby! DUH!

GoldenRetrLuver
08-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Hah.. my friend from dog agility has a cell phone and the ring is of a cat meowing. It went off while we were in class, and all the dogs stopped and stared directly at it. It was the cutest thing. :p

K9karen
08-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Logan..my brother's says "Hello Moto" too. I didn't know he got a new phone when it went off and I was like "Duh?" looking around where it came from! :rolleyes:
I really like some of the tunes people have, rather than a loud ring. My cell plays "The Can-Can". I usually try to shut it off at Dr. offices but one day I heard the Can Can and rushed to pick up my turned off phone when I realized it was somebody elses! You had to be there, but it was so funny! :D

lady_zana
08-25-2005, 05:43 AM
Some of the cellphone tones are pretty cute - love the kitty MEOW!

Before I bought Ana's Song (Open Fire) by silverchair for my ringtone, I had the kitty meow. Here's my happy story about this:

Our neighbors had an outdoor kitty that loved me and I loved her and though perhaps I shouldn't have, I would let her in at nights to eat and to play with before putting her back out again:( One morning I woke up to the sound of the kitty meow ringtone on my phone and my first not-quite-awake thought was Oh, no! I've locked their kitty in my house! Turns out, I hadn't but....that gave me an idea. I let her sleep inside one night and when she started meowing to be let out, I just told the husband it was my phone....it didn't fool him though....figured it out I guess when he got up to answer the kitty:D Long story short, I fell in love with the kitty, Mike fell in love with the kitty, and the kitty fell in love with me (and she thinks Mike's okay too:D ) and when our neighbors moved, they knew how much I loved her...so they let me keep her and she became my Neko!

finn's mom
08-25-2005, 06:39 AM
Depends on the song for me, but, I will walk around humming certain tunes once I've heard a ringtone...I haven't had a cell phone in over a year, but, when I did have one, I always kept it on vibrate at work. I would rarely answer in public, and, when I had to, the conversation would be kept short. Cell phones just allow people to be even less considerate than they already are. But, it's a necessary evil anymore...I just wish people were a little more tactful with their usage. I had brown eyed girl as one of my ringtones, and, rocky raccoon...:)

ramanth
08-25-2005, 08:27 AM
I work in a library so if anyone's cell phone is on it has to be on silent or vibrate. Every now and then a coworker will forget but it's so rare that I don't mind the noise.

I watched Jurassic Park 3 again last night and everytime I hear that ring tone out in public it makes me think of dinos.

Cinder & Smoke
08-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by lady_zana

... I just told the husband it was my phone....
it didn't fool him though....
figured it out I guess when he got up to answer the kitty :D

:confused:

How often do you have to "let a cellphone OUT"?? :p

There were about 10 Firefighters in the Station - several of
the "young'uns" in the group ...
Someone's cell *rang* with an obnoxious "rap phrase" :eek: ...

Everyone looked around with a "WHO's phone has THAT on it!?" look ...

Took 4 or 5 *rings* before the Guilty Party realized it was HIS! :o

Later he claimed he didn't really understand the "phrase" till he
heard it repeated so many times!

Duh! :rolleyes:

Muddy4paws
08-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Anyone heard crazy frog? :mad: !

carole
08-25-2005, 06:24 PM
It is great to do aerobics too lol.:D

Pam
08-25-2005, 06:53 PM
[B]

You know that Toby Keith song..."I ain't as good as I once was..."

Deb, I love that song!

CamCamPup33
08-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Hehehe! Mine says "Hello Moto" and plays this silly tune! :o I know I probably annoy and shock people, too! LOL!!!!!

LOL, i used to have that one too... I changed it to an actual song, though. I usually have it on vibrate most of the time, and when i don't i make sure the ringer volume is REALLY low, cause i get annoyed with them also. :p

king2005
08-26-2005, 12:10 AM
I just don't like the loud ones.

Mine is just loud enough for me to ear it in my bag.

I have over 40 ring tones to choose from & this is the least annoying one.

Cataholic
08-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Anyone know how I can get a meow ring tone? It doesn't come on my phone....am I out of luck?

pitc9
08-26-2005, 11:27 AM
WHen my hubby calls me my phone rings "Stand By Your Man" and I have Gwen's "Holla Back Girl" as a ringer for one of my friends, and everyone else it's the Theme from "The Duke's of Hazzard" So I guess I'm one of the annoying people!!!
But my boss has a ringer that takes the cake!! It's always on SUPER loud and it's a crazy Polka sounding tune that is enough to drive you nuts!! He's so unprofessional... he'll leave it ring and ring while he's talking to customers. :rolleyes: