PDA

View Full Version : Moving too close for comfort? opinions please

lv4dogs
08-24-2005, 08:54 AM
I'm a bit on the edge right now. A few days ago my boyfriend bought a trailer in my trailer park, just about 4-5 trailers down from mine. We can see each other from our front lawns. We've only been dating for about 3-4 months and although things are going pretty good we did have a pretty big argument about a month ago, causing us to break up for a couple weeks. We are taking things kind of slow now. He has not moved in fully yet, just fully took over the place yesterday & is doing a little bit of work to it before he moves in, will be fully moved in by the end of this month.
He did this without saying anything to me, not asking my opinion or anything. I just think it's too close for comfort this soon into the relationship. For gosh sakes we might as well move in together... that what it seems like. After he bought the trailer he did tell me that he bought it, nothing before he bought it though, not even an I'm thinking about buying a trailer here or anything. After he buys it, still without asking what I think, he says "I bought so & so's triler... I think its great, we can see each other but I've got my own place" Yeah we can sure each other alright, we don't even have to go over to each others houses to see each other, just look out our windows or stand in the front yard.
Don't get me wrong I really like the guy, and hope this is something that lasts I just feel a little weird/invaded/dissapointed/nervous whatever etc.. etc...

Am I wrong to feel slightly off about this?

Pawsitive Thinking
08-24-2005, 09:05 AM
Go with your instincts - tell him that as much as you enjoy his company there are times when you need "me" time

dukedogsmom
08-24-2005, 09:08 AM
I wouldn't like it at all! Seems like a little bit of a stalker to me. Everyone needs their privacy. I don't know if you can do it there but you might see if your local law enforcement agency would do a criminal history check on him for you. I know here it's done for a small fee. I would be tempted to move if I were you.

slick
08-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Even though you are dating, you need to set some ground rules like no dropping over before phoning and making sure you respect each other's space. Just because you live close to each other doesn't mean that you are available 24/7. Good luck.

lv4dogs
08-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I wouldn't like it at all! Seems like a little bit of a stalker to me. Everyone needs their privacy. I don't know if you can do it there but you might see if your local law enforcement agency would do a criminal history check on him for you. I know here it's done for a small fee. I would be tempted to move if I were you.

Sorry, I should of stated that we did grow up together, we went to the same school almost all of our lives, elementary to graduation. We never dated before this but were friends all through school, then lost contact with each other & met up again late last year, started dating in the spring of this year.
Its not that he's dangerous or anything, but it just makes me feel uneasy/invaded.

catnapper
08-24-2005, 09:14 AM
I agree with Val - sounds too weird. Especially since he never even gave hint he as thinking of moving, let alone moving 4 houses down from you! :eek:

Its one thing ot meet a neighbor and start dating, another to have your date become your neighbor overnight.

Keep an eye out for him and watch for all the little tell-tale signals you might have missed before - is he polite always, or more so in public? Does a little aciton or word change his whole mood in a flash? Can he be possesive? and so on.....

I would be concerned if I were you. Manipulative people do theses kinds of things.