View Full Version : I know you'll understand

Pawsitive Thinking
08-24-2005, 03:52 AM
We've had a similar thread before but I just need some reassurance from like-minded people that I am, in fact, quite sane :p :eek:

Took Tobey for his morning stroll and it dawned on me that I chatted to him non-stop for the entire 30 minutes! Told him all about my plans for the day and who I was going to see and when......he seemed quite interested :D

chocolatepuppy
08-24-2005, 04:54 AM
Quilty! :o I'm not sure if I'm sane though, but if I'm not, it's not because I talk to my furkids! ;)

BitsyNaceyDog
08-24-2005, 06:27 AM
I talk to my furbabies too! They are my best friends, and the listen better than my husband. ;)

Rachel
08-24-2005, 06:36 AM
You have plenty of company when it comes to chatting with our dogs. Actually my conversation is peppered with questions, to which they always respond. The response may not be in words but I never feel as if I don't get an answer. Better than some human conversations.

Daisy and Delilah
08-24-2005, 06:59 AM
I tell the girls everything. We are constantly communicating. They show me some sort of sign to respond or actually talk back sometimes. My chihuahuas are this girls best friend:)

Terry

lv4dogs
08-24-2005, 07:21 AM
Sounds just like me. I talk to my dogs all the time, on walks, car rides, at home, work etc... I tell em' about everything and I swear they understand, often times better than people. I couldn't tell ya if I am sane or not though. lol
It's funny to see the looks you get from others. You can certainly tell who's dog people & whos not, the dog people just smile at you.

Queen of Poop
08-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Guilty as charged. The dog and ferrets make great conversation. But I even go so far as to make conversation with my step-son's snake. He comes right up to the top of the cage to "listen" to me.

JenBKR
08-24-2005, 08:32 AM
My furbabies are my therapists. I talk to them about everything. When Roscoe and I go for walks, I talk to him lots, and he looks at me like he understands. I do get some weird looks, but I'm ok with that!

Pam
08-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
Better than some human conversations.

How true Rachel, and they look at me as though they are totally enthralled with what I am talking about - just hanging on my every word! They are totally unlike some of the humans in this house who only *half hear* what I am saying and reply with Uh huh and I know have not heard a word. :p

catmandu
08-24-2005, 09:09 AM
I TALK,TO MY CATS,AT THE HOTEL,AND THE ANGELS,WHEN I DINE OUT! MY CATS,ARE WITH ME 24/7,AND I WOULDNT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos050.jpg

Suki Wingy
08-24-2005, 09:59 AM
I talk to NiÑo nonstop while walking unless I'm deep in thought.

cloverfdx
08-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Guilty here aswell :o. I speak to the dogs and even the cat all the time, i ask questions, if i have been away during the day i ask what they did when i was away and if the had fun lol.

The dogs actually act asthough they know what i am talking about.

You are not alone.

Jadapit
08-24-2005, 10:45 AM
I do understand and your not alone!;) I talk to my dogs non stop. They probably wish i would shut up at times.:p I do talk to them when i walk them. I often wonder what people think when they see me talking away. Some people probably think I'm nuts.

lute
08-24-2005, 02:07 PM
i walk the dogs in the morning and hold on in depth convorsations with them. they pay no attention to me, but i think they do listen.

i AM sane.

cyber-sibes
08-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Are you kidding? I would feel guilty if I didn't talk to my furkids! Not only that, but I sing to them (which they enjoy, I can tell), and tell them stories - they are such good listeners! There have been many times they are the only beings I talk to all day (I work alone at home most of the time).

RobiLee
08-24-2005, 02:52 PM
I completely understand! I talk, sing, laugh and even woo with my two girls all the time;):p