PDA

View Full Version : PT Prayers??

NoahsMommy
08-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Hello my darling PT family! :)

I'm in need of some prayers for two things.

1. I've been feeling sooooo horrible lately. Today alone, I've spent over 2 hours in the bathroom. Last week I was having problems with blood in the toilet, but my surgeons say this is normal. Kind of scary if you ask me. :confused: I'm getting kind of discouraged because I've done - and am still doing - EVERYTHING I'm supposed to and I feel horrible. :(

My solace is that I've been reading accounts from patients that have had this surgery and they have taken 1 -3 months (or up to a year) to heal.

So maybe I just need more time.

I've been getting a bit down on myself...getting frustrated because I don't know when I'll get better. I have SO MANY goals and dreams and it hurts to see my life just flashing by, while I sit on my couch (or toilet :rolleyes: ).

2. I have a pre-interview/testing with a local hospital for one of five positions I've applied for tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to work in a hospital. I'm going to eventually get myself to medical school so I can earn my M.D....and I know working in a hospital will give me an amazing amount of experience.

One of the positions is in admitting and I'd LOVE that one. I've been scared/sick a billion times and would love to help someone feel a tiny bit better if I could.

Despite being sick, I really love a hospital setting and I've always wanted to work in one. Even when I was a psych major, I wanted to work in a hospital.

Please pray this is in the plans for me. It'd be sooo rewarding, has amazing benefits, is close to my parents new home and even close to school. Its about 40 minutes from home, but that's not bad and worth it to me.

Thanks, guys. I know PT prayer works miracles. God listens.

Love,
Kelly :)

zippy-kat
08-24-2005, 12:54 AM
Prayers are on their way!

shais_mom
08-24-2005, 12:54 AM
sent!

kittycats_delight
08-24-2005, 12:58 AM
Kelly you know you can depend on us to support you and send you as many good thoughts and prayers as you need. Give it time sweetie for the healing. I know it has to be sooo frustrating but it will happen with time. Don't give up and try not to get discouraged. We are all behind you 110%.

Lots and lots of luck and prayer coming for your interview tomorrow. You can bet I will be sending extra luck and thinking real good thoughts for you interview time tomorrow. You can wow them I know you can.

((((((((((((KELLY)))))))))))))))))

Michelle & the girls

NoahsMommy
08-24-2005, 01:00 AM
Thanks Tonya, Stace and Michelle! :)

Your support is what keeps me positive....thank you!!!

Hugs,

jesse_3
08-24-2005, 01:05 AM
Prayers and thoughts are on the way to you! Jes and Splinter are keeping their toes crossed too!

Steph and Jes

caseysmom
08-24-2005, 01:13 AM
I am sure its hard to go through this, give your body time to mend. You are young with a long life in front of you, plenty of time to take care of things, for now try your best to take care of yourself.

Hugs and prayers on the way...

RICHARD
08-24-2005, 02:37 AM
Aha!

The impatient patient.

When you take a trip you don't just jump into the car with 20 dolllars for gas, a ham sandwich and a bottle of Evian...

You are now planning for the 'trip of your life'.

Take a few minutes and plan. Get some ideas. Check out the brochures. Talk to people who have been there.

Dream.

The worst part about getting started is the desire to get going NOW!!!!

Just think, If you get moving too quickly your 20 dollars is gone, you have the crust from your ham sandwich and an empty Evian bottle.....

---------------------------------------------

A prayer?

(I know that this is Phred's job, I don't think he'd mind...)

God,
Thanks for giving me good doctors and good medical care.
Thanks for giving me hope for the future.
Thanks for letting me dream of what I want...I could be alot older and looking back saying, "What If?????"
Thanks for making ham sandwiches and Evian water....
Amen.

;)

P.S. And thanks for giving me time to plan out this trip. I think I'll need more than 20 bucks!

NoahsMommy
08-24-2005, 03:15 AM
Thanks guys! :)

Richard, you are a dear!! ((hugs))

Pawsitive Thinking
08-24-2005, 03:31 AM
Hugs and prayers winging their way to you right this minute!

chocolatepuppy
08-24-2005, 05:56 AM
Good thoughts and prayers headed your way Kelly. {hugs}

Barbara
08-24-2005, 06:14 AM
There are these times in life when just about everything is open, nothing settled:
relationship, job, health.

Very hard times in which you can feel very lonely.

But you have it inside you to survive them- and then you will be stronger, and know more about you, and feel better and be yourself:)

BitsyNaceyDog
08-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Oh Kelly, I'm sorry you're still feeling so poorly. I hope you feel better very soon.
Good luck getting a new job, I hope you get the one you want.
Prayers headed your way.

((Hugs))

Kari

Sonia59
08-24-2005, 07:09 AM
Hi Kelly,

Hugs and prayers are crossing the ocean! ;)

Meeooowwww from Peppito too!
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/Sonia59/Peppito/PepCouloir2.jpg

Pam
08-24-2005, 07:09 AM
Kelly, I am sorry you are having some *down times* right now. You have been through so much already and I hate to see you worrying about your recovery. Keep reading info from others who have *been there.* It will remind you that eventually you will get there too. Try to not be too demanding of yourself. I know you will reach your goals but it will be in God's timing. For now concentrate on getting well and keeping that positive attitude that we have all come to admire. (((hugs)))

Richard, I think that was your finest post ever. Thank you for your words of wisdom and prayer for Kelly.

By the way, Kelly I love your new signature! ;)

furrykidsmother
08-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Kelly I am so sorry that you aren't feeling better yet, but maybe it will just take a little more time. Anyway, you can count on prayers, (((hugs))) and good wishes. Hope you get the job!!

Karen
08-24-2005, 07:44 AM
I know the feeling of wanting to be better NOW - but sometimes you have to give yourself time to heal. I mean, they just took out a big chunk of your anatomy, girl, your body's got a lot of adjusting to do, THEN healing!

(After my brain surgery 10 years ago, I so wanted to be better, and home, but I couldn;t even roll over in bed at first - my body jusy didn't know how! And when I could finally walk again (with a cane, after a week) they let me go home, andI caught the flu on the way out the door. I had never even had the flu, thought maybe it was still surgery-related effects or something ...

I can be patient with OTHER patients, just not with me! Hmmm ... sound familiar? ;) ;) ;)

You'll be in our prayers!

slick
08-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Prayers coming out to you Sis! Your hopes and dreams mean absolutely nothing without good health. Relax, heal, and have faith that when the time is right, all good things will come to you.

{{{hugs}}}

gini
08-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Dearest Kelly, you know you have my prayers along with so many other Pet Talkers. God will listen!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Tons of {{HUGS}} and prayers on the way from me too!

DJFyrewolf36
08-24-2005, 11:19 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you! There is so much positive energy coming your way! PT has your back, friend and I've noticed that the power of prayer and good thoughts is very real and can work wonderful miricles.

*HUGS* and *PURRS* from me and the kitties!

luvofallhorses
08-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Prayers on the way. (((hugs)))

Jadapit
08-24-2005, 11:28 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you! I hope things start looking up for you very soon. You deserve that!!!

rg_girlca
08-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that all will work out for you in the end.

Give the healing more time Kelly and remember, it will happen.

One day at a time dear girl, one day at a time. :)

Cinder & Smoke
08-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi God ~

Kan we getz a lil more *help* down here fur Miz Kelly?

She's tryin ta be "patient" ...
but maybe You kuld hurrie da
"feelin better" part along a lil more *quicker*?

Mite help a bit iffin You put inna Gud Wurd atta Hoppsbittel and
got her hired in there ...
she otta feel better wiffa *j*o*b* ta take her mind offa bein sick. ;)

'Preciate Your Help, God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups annna Purrayer Kat

JenBKR
08-24-2005, 01:12 PM
*Hugs* I know you are going through a tough time right now, My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'll send "good vibes" for your interview too. I know we don't know each other very well, but you seem like such a sweet person who doesn't deserve all of this. *More hugs* Good luck!

NoahsMommy
08-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks so much, guys! I just know it'll help. :)

Look at me all NOT nocturnal today! ;)

I'm off to my testing/interview thingy! I'll let you know how it goes.

Love & hugs,

catnapper
08-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Good luck Kelly! I just found this thread - sorry to have missed it! I know you'll do great!

lbaker
08-24-2005, 02:33 PM
*squeezing eyes shut and squinching up face* please oh please oh please let Kelly's day and days get better. And better. And better. Every single day and every single thing she wants, is praying for and deserves, let things work out right for her. Kelly, what is "right" for you may be hard to see right now. But trust, don't loose faith and keep your attitude on the plus side. You are dearly loved and have the prayers and strength of many coming your way my dear friend.

lvpets2002
08-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Me and the girls send plenty of whisker prayers, hugs, puurrss..
It will be ok & just takes time to heal..:)

catlover4ever
08-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Kelly, you know anytime you need thought and prayers that we will be here for you, so consider them sent.

Good luck on your interview tomorrow....your sure to knock their pants off. ;) I work in a hospital back in CT and when I interviewed I told them that I looked forward to becoming a member of the "team". In the hospital most things take a team effort and most interviewers like to hear that you are a team player...so go knock their pants off. :)

NoahsMommy
08-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks, guys!!! You're the best!!!

Meg, that's an excellent idea! I already had my interview, but still need to write my "thank you". I'll be sure and put that in there. The reason I'm so drawn to the hospital enviornment is the collective effort to help people...I'd LOVE to be apart of a team...helping do something GOOD.

Here's a link to how the interview and testing went:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86958

Logan
08-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
There are these times in life when just about everything is open, nothing settled:
relationship, job, health.

Very hard times in which you can feel very lonely.

But you have it inside you to survive them- and then you will be stronger, and know more about you, and feel better and be yourself:)

Oh my, did Barbara hit the nail on the head or what??? You've had all of these things hit you at one time.

I'm so sorry you are still feeling so poorly, but you WILL get better, and you will find the right position, career wise, and your life will be positive going forward! Keep the Faith, Kelly. It will pull you through!!

Logan

carole
08-24-2005, 09:07 PM
kelly sweetie I am so sorry to hear you are feeling unwell, it is going to take some time for you to heal, and I am sure in time you will be feeling way more on top of things, I wish I lived close by and could come over and give you a big hug, some comforting words and some TLC, just know my thoughts are with you and I sincerely hope you begin to pick up soon.

Your job interview sounds exciting, I am sure Kelly you will become a MD, as you are very determined and a successful young lady, and besides we need someone like you in the medical profession, so keep at it , you will ultimately achieve your goals, and we can be here for you anytime for a gentle prop up, cheer up, a giggle or two, WE LOVE YA Kelly. Take care and good luck.:)

K9karen
08-24-2005, 11:45 PM
Kelly, WOW! We're on the same wave length!
I know exactly how you feel. I'm still recuping from back surgery and I'm not healing as fast as expected. But then again, I find myself automatically bending to pick something up and that's a no-no. We can't see the internal stuff healing, unlike a cut finger, so we just have to give it time and take care of ourselves. I'm not used to asking for help and I'm very independent so I also feel so restricted and impatient. I can't start PT until maybe September. When and if they ever let me go back to work (I may need more surgery) I also decided to go into the medical field, working in a hospital or doctor's office. Between both my parents and myself spending time in hospitals, I also feel that I could be an inspiration and give comfort to others from first hand experience. It's such a frightening experience. I want to deal with patients too. Luckily our family always had really wonderful, compasionate staffs and that means so much. So extra prayers go out to you for your recovery and your dream job. Remember your body went through horrendous trauma and needs time to repair itself. I'm sure there's a lot of scarring going on and as long as the docs say you're OK and not to worry, I wouldn't. Bless you, Kelly.

finn's mom
08-25-2005, 06:54 AM
From the sound of it, the interview went well...I hope everything is going as nicely for you...

JenBKR
08-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Yay! Sounds like the interview went really well! Hopefully you'll hear something really soon, so you can let us know because we are all on the edge of our seats waiting! LOL Good luck! :)

trayi52
08-25-2005, 08:01 AM
Kelly, prayers are on the way. Hope you get to feeling better real soon, sweetie.

Willie