PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get burned out?

Cookiebaker
08-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Uggh! I have all these posters and signs to make for an upcoming event, but after having done 13 designs, my brain is fried and I can't get the last 2 to look good. :mad: :( What am I gonna do? I have to get them done by tonight. :eek: :confused: All I want to do is go HOME! :(

lvpets2002
08-23-2005, 04:28 PM
:rolleyes: Yes been there done that & its like your only thoughts are of going home.. What I do is look at my babies pictures on my desk & know I need to do my job so I can get a pay check to feed them & that makes me go go.. Hope this helps & Good Luck

beeniesmom
08-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Hope you finish soon.
Just think of the reward when you are done.... a soft cuddly furbaby and a confy couch or bed to snuggle in.

Cookiebaker
08-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
Hope you finish soon.
Just think of the reward when you are done.... a soft cuddly furbaby and a confy couch or bed to snuggle in.

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

I'm home now, and my project (for tonight) is done. I wasn't happy with the last poster, but oh well, it will have to do.

Tomorrow, I have to make 4 HUGE banners!! :eek:

dukedogsmom
08-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Too bad I didn't see this when you put it here. I was going to suggest maybe putting them here and we could help you. I get burnout from the stress. That's why this operation has been more than one blessing for me. I've had time to relax and I've got a few more weeks to get well. I hate being burned out. I'm glad you got your projects done. I find it hard to be creative when you're on a schedule like that.

Corinna
08-23-2005, 09:48 PM
I can identify I have had to redo our work scheduale 3 times for 2 stores in the last week. I hate when they hire teens who have to leave early to start school. One store has 4 people 2 which are leaving so I have to send one of my 14 to that store. My store has 14 and only one leaving Now but in a couple weeks 4 of my work campers leave.GRRRRRRRRR I need a drink is it thursday yet?

Kfamr
08-23-2005, 10:29 PM
I know exactly how you feel, especially as of late.

Glad you got your work done, too bad you weren't happy with the final products. I'm sure they look fine.

Good luck with tomorrow's! What exactly do you do all of these for, if you don't mind my asking. It sounds like a fun job to me. :p

Cookiebaker
08-24-2005, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Good luck with tomorrow's! What exactly do you do all of these for, if you don't mind my asking. It sounds like a fun job to me. :p

These are for a Church outreach that we are doing in our town. This Saturday, we are doing music, free hotdogs, drama, puppets and having tables set up for each group. I am making signs for all the tables (Girl's Club, Mom's Group, Free hotdogs, etc). They are all in color 11x17 and laminated. I've done 27 of them so far. :eek:

I still have to make (4) 4'x3' signs; 200 bookmarks; 200 little notepads; business cards etc etc.

It's gonna be really fun, and yes I enjoy doing all these signs. But by the last ones of the little signs I was out of new ideas.

:)