PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a Mini PT meeting in San Fransisco?

DJFyrewolf36
08-23-2005, 10:30 AM
Heya everyone! Either the 3d or the 10th of September I'm going to be in the bay area picking up a cutie pie ratty boy from CathyBogart and I'm possibly meeting Gina as well. I was wondering if anyone else who lived in the bay area would be interested in meeting me. I'm willing to drive all over!!

PM me if you like

RedHedd
08-23-2005, 06:06 PM
<pant, pant> finally taking a break .... you know I'm available ;) KAK, Amberlee, Wolfsoul, anyone else?

krazyaboutkatz
08-26-2005, 12:41 AM
I might be available. Please let us know which day it will be.:)

RedHedd
08-26-2005, 01:55 PM
DJF - I E'd you. I totally screwed up. I am NOT available on Saturday the 3rd - for whatever reason I thought the 3rd was Sunday. I'm so sorry for the mixup - work is addling my brain lately!

AmberLee
08-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Sounds good! The 3rd works better for me, though. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this will work out.

sandragonfly
08-29-2005, 05:50 PM
:D :D we have a few more days until we meet banana! (the rat) :)

everyone, I think the day has changed to 4th, am I right, dj?

amberlee & krazyaboutkat - maybe you can pm cathybogart to see if we all can meet at her house? (on the 4th after 7PM) -- if not, I'll see ya, dj at cathy's! :D

above of all, DRIVE carefully djfyrewolf!!

DJFyrewolf36
08-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Yes, the plan is for the 4th. We won't be renting a car as originally planned (Can't really afford 4 days rental for 2 days use!) So we're going in my beast. Pray that it makes it! :)

So September 4th is D day!!

Is that Ok with you RedHedd?

sandragonfly
08-29-2005, 06:46 PM
*prays for a good beast!* :)

RedHedd
08-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Yes, with my addled brain I'd been operating along the premise that it was Sunday all along, so that's perfect.

wolflady
08-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Depending on what your plans are for Sunday, I'd love to meet up with you guys somewhere! I'm going down to San Simeon on Saturday and coming back sometime on Sunday, so how long will you be in the area? Would you be interested in coming down to Gilroy, CA (or the San Jose area) in the evening on Sunday?

**hugs**

DJFyrewolf36
08-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Well...it depends on how long I stay in SF with RedHedd :) But sure, I'll plan on making a side trip before I head to Campbell to meet Cathy. How far is Gilroy from SF and Campbell? I just need to figure travel times

sandragonfly
08-30-2005, 04:34 PM
:eek: dj, gilroy is pretty far from campbell/san jose (for me to think about you, your drivings, driving back and all), my friend lives down in gilroy & it's about 45-an hour southern. especially you don't know the area here very well. I call that city, the confusing garlic! heehee.

well, hope that gives you an idea - I can't wait to meet you & your banana! :)

CathyBogart
08-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Urk....Anyone who wants is welcome at my house that evening but San Francisco is my least favorite place, so I'll prolly sit that part out! :)

Gilroy is 30-40 minutes depending on traffic.

DJFyrewolf36
08-30-2005, 04:48 PM
It would make life a lot easier on me (and a lot less confusing it sounds like :o ) if I just met everyone (Except RedHedd) in the evening over at Cathys. But, Wolflady, if you don't mind it being a little late on Sunday, I can hit Gilroy too. I've got places to camp if I need to Sunday night, and I do have Monday off of work.

Im really looking forward to this weekend!!

RedHedd, Cathy...just PM me with directions if you get the chance. I'll be going to Campbell from RedHedd's place in SF, so point me in the least confusing direction as possible (I'm a moron when it comes to driving anywhere...I get lost in Carson lol)! Also, Ill be heading on I-80 to SF.

BCBlondie
08-31-2005, 12:42 AM
I'm interested in meeting you too! So is it this Sunday or Monday? Would I be able to bring Megan? Where is it at? And what time?

DJFyrewolf36
08-31-2005, 04:35 PM
I PMed you BCBlondie. I'd really like to meet your pup too!

John says that he's afraid that this is turining into a "chick meeting" :rolleyes: guys...lol

RedHedd
08-31-2005, 05:03 PM
I e-mailed you the directions to my place last night.

DJFyrewolf36
08-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks! Like I said, sorry for not checking Yahoo...I am a ditz sometimes :p

CathyBogart
08-31-2005, 10:55 PM
All right, I PMed my info to everyone I thought might be interested. Let me know if you have any questions...

CathyBogart
08-31-2005, 11:34 PM
OH! If anyone is coming over and gets lost or stuck in traffic or whatever, my cell number is 408-228-2429

BCBlondie
09-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the PM's! I'll save your number, Cathy.. chances are, I will get lost. LOL!! :D
I'm 95% sure I'll be able to make it! :) I'll probably end up bringing Megan with me too.. she always goes everywhere with me.. :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-01-2005, 12:39 AM
AmberLee and I will be carpooling together so we'll see everyone at Cathy's on Sunday.

sandragonfly
09-01-2005, 04:41 AM
weeheee!! more pettalkers, the merrier! :D :D

soo..that's six of us,.. cathybogart, djfyrewolf, gina's ark, bcblondie, krazyaboutkatz & amberlee..correct?

am I missing anyone? it'd be good to see you, bcblondie/megan!!

we have threeee more days left! what should we do...hmm? should we make a snack-potlock? cathy, look...we're having a fanstanic reptile party!! :D

RedHedd
09-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Anyone else up for some fun in the City before y'all head down to Campbell? We're going to Pier 39 - probably a little after noon, or whenever DJF gets here. I won't be joining the gang going down south ....

DJFyrewolf36
09-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Holy cow!!! This mini meeting has turned into quite the party!

:D Just so I know I'm getting things right...

Cathy, you get off of work at 7pm correct? If so, I'll plan on being at your place right around 7:30 if that is ok with you. I can come earlier or later too :)

CathyBogart
09-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Yepyep, I'm off at 7, and I usually leave work around 7:15. I work right around the corner from work so I'll have enough time to get hoome and change before everyone starts appearing.

RedHedd
09-04-2005, 11:31 AM
DJF is on her way. I talked to her about an hour ago. :)

sandragonfly
09-04-2005, 12:26 PM
oh aw, I missed djf...beast, drive carefully!!

redhedd, I would love to go but the gas price... :( sucky and sorry! thanks for updating us and let us know when she arrives!

I can't wait until tonight! :D

wolflady
09-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Have fun everyone! Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it up in time to see everyone tonight as I'm still out of town visiting some friends, but I have no doubt that you will have a great time. Take lots of pics! :D

**hugs**

CathyBogart
09-04-2005, 09:57 PM
hi guys! this is gina using under cathybogart's..

all of us are here! except djfyrewolf & bcblonde.. I just met all of cathybogart's pets - I'm excitied!! :D

more laterrr :)

CathyBogart
09-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi all! AmberLee here. Some photos have been taken. This wimp has NOT touched the reptile, but cuddled the rattie briefly.

Cheese, crackers, and fruit are being nibbled as we wait.

Updates will follow.

CathyBogart
09-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Well, BCBlondie and the Nevada contengent have arrived ... more food is being munched and ...

Banana the rattie
Liberty the Bearded Dragon and
Megan the dog

are being cuddled/treated...

AmberLee, updating once again

sandragonfly
09-04-2005, 11:28 PM
hmm, I'm updating from my little page! :D

everyone's still here, chatting, laughing, nibbling crackers & cheese. megan wants us to share with her!

it was cool meeting chubby the avator snake crawling through my fingers, liberty the bearded dragon on my shoulder & banana the to-be-nevada rat, a curious cuddle friend! they all are so sweet.. :)

we just took a group picture! who can't wait for that teaser picture? :D ;) :p

we'll be back with pictures later! (no usb/cord here, sorry).

..gina, cathy, krazyaboutkatz, amberlee, bcblondie, djfyrewolfs.

RedHedd
09-04-2005, 11:45 PM
I am SO upset! I took LOTS of pictures today as we toured Fisherman's Wharf, the historical boats and even the underwater aquarium. I was excited at some of the great shots I got of the fish swimming underwater - this camera really is amazing. However, I just went to upload them and the camera is saying memory card error! DARN! DARN! DARN! :mad: There were 37 pictures on the card and now they're gone! The computer is saying there's nothing on the card; I can only view one shot on the camera (the last one John took of DJF and me) and then I get an error message! The camera is brand new and so is the card - only been using it for two months. It's not the camera; the card has somehow gotten corrupted and is unreadable! WAH! I'm :mad:

We had a fun time and now I'm EXHAUSTED! We walked a LOT! T'was fun meeting you two - they really were here! I did take pictures! :(

CathyBogart
09-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Well, everyone just took off, and the apartment feels empty. I am officially without fuzzy pets, unless you count the tarantula, which I don't. ;)

It was great to meet everyone, especially to finally meet Gina face to face!

Thanks to everyone for stopping by!!

AmberLee
09-05-2005, 12:44 AM
I had a blast. Thanks for hosting us all, CB!

sandragonfly
09-05-2005, 12:56 AM
:D

I'm home! it was good seeing all of you. :) it wasn't too short one but I already missed banana, liberty & chubby! :(

oh no - redhedd, what a shame! I wish I could help you recover the photos. what kind camera/memory do you have, anyway?

I have a couple of pictures.. if anybody doesn't want the picture of yourself up, let me know.

now the djfyrewolfs are driving back to nevada, hope everyone will get/got home safely.

night-nighty!

krazyaboutkatz
09-05-2005, 02:15 AM
It was fun meeting everyone and seeing those that I've met before. Thanks for hosting this meeting CB.:)

Georgia, I'm so sorry to hear about your camera.:( I hope that some how you'll be able to recover the pictures that it says you lost. Good luck.

Shelteez2
09-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by RedHedd
I am SO upset! I took LOTS of pictures today as we toured Fisherman's Wharf, the historical boats and even the underwater aquarium. I was excited at some of the great shots I got of the fish swimming underwater - this camera really is amazing. However, I just went to upload them and the camera is saying memory card error! DARN! DARN! DARN! :mad: There were 37 pictures on the card and now they're gone! The computer is saying there's nothing on the card; I can only view one shot on the camera (the last one John took of DJF and me) and then I get an error message! The camera is brand new and so is the card - only been using it for two months. It's not the camera; the card has somehow gotten corrupted and is unreadable! WAH! I'm :mad:

We had a fun time and now I'm EXHAUSTED! We walked a LOT! T'was fun meeting you two - they really were here! I did take pictures! :(

The pics may not all be gone.... I had the same thing happen to me. I took my card to a store up here in Canada called London Drugs. It has a really good photo center and they have a photo recovery program. It cost me $20 and I got back over 100 pics. Perhaps there is something like that where you live? there must be. Don't give up! Good luck.

slick
09-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Sounds like a good time had by all. Can't wait to see pics.

RedHedd
09-05-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm not giving up. I'm going to take the card to (1) Walgreens where they have card readers; or (2) Circuit City, where they have a sale on 512 mb card for $29 after rebates - they recovered pics for me before, however that time it was a broken camera; this time it's a corrupt memory card - we'll see what they can do; and if all that fails, my techie friend who teaches at a computer school says they can work on it as a class project.

Never has so much been done for something so little :)

DJFyrewolf36
09-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Grrr stupid camera!! Hopefully someone can recover those pix...there's one on there of me cuddling Mishi, and one of Mishi kissing John :D

I had a GREAT time, and loved meeting everyone face to face! Banana is settling in nicely, he and Cleo have already met, and actually are getting along nicely.

Thank you RedHedd for showing us around, and thank you Cathy for having us over at your place. I hope to get back down there again soon!

sandragonfly
09-06-2005, 12:26 PM
yay, they are here.. :) seems that I'm only person who took pictures.. so I think these would be all! and I now can post some of me in too. :)

cathy with her special liberty :D (I love him!)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/111.jpg

amberlee cuddling with banana, banana liked that! he would stay for quite a long time
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/1111.jpg

then arrival of bcblondie/di with her happy doggie, megan -
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/1113.jpg

and giving us all her love!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/1114.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/7.jpg

sandragonfly
09-06-2005, 12:27 PM
bcblondie with curious banana
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/8.jpg

banana and his new mommy!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/9.jpg

the groupie coming soon.. :D
megan sniffling other 'dog' - too cute. :)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/13.jpg

a close up of chubby, wow, he's so light & squeaky!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/12.jpg

that's all! we had fun, hope we can make a bigger group next time! :)

luvofallhorses
09-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Great pics, Gina! :) It looks like you all had a blast! :)

furrykidsmother
09-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Those are great pictures! Looks like everyone had a great time!!

EssTer
09-06-2005, 04:30 PM
wow...those are wonderful photos :) It seems that you guys had great fun, and that´s awesome :) thanx for sharing those pics :)

RedHedd
09-06-2005, 05:38 PM
The pictures I mean .... as a teaser - DJF and Mishi

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid185/p1478cfde7e914428793aa7a08e8819e4/f26f204a.jpg

The album from their visit is here:

Click Here (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2121100691&code=18111286&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite)

DJFyrewolf36
09-06-2005, 05:54 PM
The Mishi boy looks SOOOO thrilled lol!! You really don't get a good idea of how B-I-G he is until you meet him in purrson! Glad you got those pix RedHedd, I really do love your Mishi, and I would have liked to seen more of Mitzi, but the silly girl just wasn't feeling social. I highly encurage everyone to check out the photos of S.F. They are very beautiful indeed!

I would have liked to hold Chubby, but I didn't think me smelling like a tasty snack would have been good!

Man, I want to go back!! :D

sirrahbed
09-06-2005, 06:17 PM
I loved seeing all the pictures! I bit the teaser that Kristina left saying she got to hold Mishi - WAAA!!! I wanna meet Mishi, too!!

Isn't meeting PT friends the best? What a treat and looks like everyone had a great time:D This is my first time "meeting" Cathy and gina!! Nice to meet you!

DJFyrewolf36
09-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I loved seeing all the pictures! I bit the teaser that Kristina left saying she got to hold Mishi - WAAA!!! I wanna meet Mishi, too!!

Isn't meeting PT friends the best? What a treat and looks like everyone had a great time:D This is my first time "meeting" Cathy and gina!! Nice to meet you!

I knew that would get you ;). PT is the best!

Did the photo of John and Mishi come out? I hope so, that was a REALLY cute picture

Karen
09-06-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm soooo jealous that you got to hold Chubby! Wow! Thanks for sharing all the pictures, everyone!

BCBlondie
09-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Great pics Gina!! And the SF trip looked fun too!
Sorry Megan was such a lick-a-lot! :o
It was really great seeing KAK and Amberlee again, and meeting DJFyrewolf, Gina's Ark, and CathyBogart! Hopefully we can all get together another time soon! :)

RedHedd
09-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I'm soooo jealous that you got to hold Chubby! Wow! Thanks for sharing all the pictures, everyone! That wasn't Chubby, it's Mishi, who isn't chubby at all :p

and, no, the one of Mishi kissing John did not come out - the last two were lost with the memory card corruption. Dang! You guys are just going to have to come back! ;)

DJFyrewolf36
09-06-2005, 10:37 PM
this is the hubby...
All ya people were just way to cool.
Gina, Cathy... Ya realy made me feel like one of the crew!!!
PS: Hope to see ya Cathy, at the rave!!! If ya can bring Gina too... I think she would have a lot of fun!!!

DJFyrewolf36
09-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Hey everyone!

Darn about the pic of John and Mishi, that was a really really cute photo! We're just going to have to come out and get another one...oh drat!! :D

Again, I have to say, I had a blast and me and the hubby have never felt so welcome amongst people we haven't met before :D We are for sure going to visit again soon!!

And don't worry about Megan...she made us feel very welcome too :D

wolf_Q
09-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Looks like tons of fun guys!! :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Great pictures Gina and RedHedd.:D I'm glad that everyone had fun. I sure did.:)

sandragonfly
09-07-2005, 05:29 PM
:o thank you! :D

di/megan, I didn't mind! she was soo adorable to watch and being licked by. :cool:

john, I'm glad I made you feel welcomed. :) hope we all can meet again one day!