PDA

View Full Version : Found a dog..

wolfsoul
08-23-2005, 09:21 AM
I took my foster to the dog beach yesterday and found a rottweiler. She seemed nice but she wouldn't follow me so I hooked her on to the leash and took her along with me. She was wearing a choke chain without a license. There weren't many people out but I asked if they knew if anyone was looking for her. Nobody knew her. So I took her home.

She looks to be about 5 years old. She's not in the greatest of shape -- she's very fit, not fat at all -- but she's very dirty and has an open tumor on her stomach that is literally dripping everywhere. We put some hydrogen peroxide and polysporin on it, and then pu a t-shirt on her and tied a long-sleeved shirt around her stomach.

We're going to bring her into work today and give her a good bath, groom her, and shave the area around the tumor.

She has a faded tattoo in her ear -- I'm going to see if I can make it out and then I'll call all of the vets in the area -- they can tell me who the owner is, right? I can tell she has an owner somewhere and somebody loves her -- She has some nailpolish on her nails. :) If I don't get off work until all of the vets are closed, then we'll put an ad in the paper.

Anyways, she's a very nice girl. When I first found her she had no personality, she just walked beside me nicely on the leash. When I tried bringing her into the yard she became very frightened. I had to drag her in. She gets along well with the other dogs and the cats and my rats -- she pretty much just ignores them but not in a mean way. And she loves to kiss and cuddle and be loved. Right now she is looking out the window growling at people outside, but she's too scared to go out because it's pouring rain. Wish her luck, she's a real sweetie.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Thank you for taking her in and looking after her - poor baby. Do you think she's be lost for quite a while?

cloverfdx
08-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Good work in taking her in Jordan, hopefully her owners or a home can be found. She sounds like a sweet girl.

wolfsoul
08-23-2005, 09:47 AM
I don't think she was lost for too long -- she did eat lastnight, but she didn't seem like she was incredibly hungry. She is missing her home though. :( Every once in a while she'll start whining. I feel bad taking her to work because I know it will probably just stress her out more, but I want to clean her up so her tumor doesn't get infected -- she's really dirty.

ramanth
08-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Poor thing. Thanks for bringing her in off the streeets.

IRescue452
08-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Sounds like she's somebody's pet that got out. I hope you find her owners and find that she is from a loving home. I'm glad you came along to help her out.

Daisy and Delilah
08-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Great job Jordan! Please let us know the outcome:)

Terry, Daisy and Delilah:)

Suki Wingy
08-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Wow, that's dangerous to be walking around with a choke, glad you found her! I hope al goes well and that someone can correctly read the tatoo for you!

jesse_3
08-23-2005, 04:26 PM
That lucky girl! Prayers and thoughts are on the way hoping that she finds her beloved family once again!

Steph and Jes

wolfsoul
08-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Unfortunatly I don't have any good news. I just can't believe no one is even looking for her. I think she might be an outside dog that runs away sometimes, and maybe they are just waiting for her to come back.

I called the newspaper and got them to post an ad. I called three radio stations and had them do a little blip about her. The tattoo doesn't help at all -- none of the vets here recognise where it was made, and CKC says it's not one of their tattoos. Neither the SPCA nor animal control has gotten any calls about a missing rottweiler. I posted a sign at work but no one knows her.

I brought her to work and groomed her today -- she looks SO much better after her bath. I shaved the hair around her tumor. We don't actually know if it's a tumor -- it might just be an infected nipple. Her nipple is like 6 times it's normal size, and it's got a cut across it (probably from scratching) and green pus is seeping out of it. I cleaned it up as much as possible but she needs antibiotics. She keeps trying to scratch it so we're leaving her t-shirt on.

My roomie doesn't care about keeping her for a while. I figure we will give it about a month and if no one claims her then we will find her a good home. My roomie recently rehomed her rottie mix, so we do know some people looking for a rottie. I hope we can find her current home though.

Christiansmommy
08-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Her nipple is like 6 times it's normal size, and it's got a cut across it (probably from scratching) and green pus is seeping out of it.

We had a female toy poodle many, many years ago that developed breast cancer, and her nipple eventually became an open wound, and it was huge and it was pussy...due to the cancer....

Hope hers is just a cut that is infected.

lv4dogs
08-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Have you contaced the AKC about the tatoo, it may be possible that the dog came from the states, or the owner was visiting?

Glad to hear she's getting the treatment she needs. Hopefully she finds her owners or a loving forever home. Kudos to you for caring for such a cutie pie.

buttercup132
08-24-2005, 08:18 AM
thats good you took her in can you post any pictures of her?

wolfsoul
08-24-2005, 09:24 AM
My breeder friend said it isn't an AKC tattoo, but I can ask her to call AKC and ask them anyways.

I don't have a picture right now, but I'm going to take some soon so I can put up signs with her photograph on them. My camera doesn't work with this computer so I have to go to my mom's house or a friend's to get them.

It's so amazing how much better she looks after her bath. She's SO shiny, and she smells nice. I used oatmeal and Filthy Animal because she had so much dandruff, and now all of the dandruff is gone. She looks like a brand new animal. I think her right ear is infected so I hope the Blue Thunder I put in there helps out. That stuff is incredible.

I just checked her tumor -- her t-shirt is wet which means it's still been seeping puss, but the wound looks alot better. It looks smaller and drier. I'm going to go clean it and put some polysporin on it now.

Ginger's Mom
08-24-2005, 09:27 AM
She was lucky that you found her. Most people would not have taken so much time and energy in caring for her. Thanks for helping her out. I hope she finds a loving home, whether it is the one she came from or a new one.

wolfsoul
08-24-2005, 08:54 PM
The tattoo is pretty faded -- it looks like the first three symbols are "E7X." I called a vet in Westbank and they said that BC tattoos are always three letters with no numbers -- so I asked if it could be "ETX." She said that ETX belongs to a clinic in Kamloops, 2 1/2 hours away from here. I don't have long distance so I've got to get a friend to call for me.

I really need to determine what's wrong with her. This dog is quite unhealthy. She puked a but yesterday -- it was clear, and the consistency of egg yolk. Does that mean anything? It was literally exactly like egg yolk. It wouldn't seperate, it was slimy, and clear...Today she puked 4 times, all in about a 10 minute period -- all different kinds of puke. The first time she puked up this HUGE pile of grass. I'm not even joking, I don't know how she fit it in her stomach. She didn't eat ANY grass yesterday, which means she must have eaten this before then. It had chunks of the biscuit she had today, but none of the kibble she had this morning, or yesterday. The second pile was all white foam. The third was yellowish green and foamy (bile??). The fourth was like egg yolk. I don't know what's wrong with her. I checked her wound just now and it's worse than before. It's got something green hanging out of it. My friend told me about this new stuff on the market that my vet is selling -- it's a cream that actually shrinks and eliminates tumors. I am going to call the vet and see how much that is, and my roomie and I will take her to the vet and get her owie looked at, get some of that cream if it's an okay price, and some antibiotics. We had to change her T-shirt because it was just covered in puss. Now she's wearing one that says "Wrangler butts make me NUTS." Hehe. I want to put a band-aid on it because it's the right size for a band-aid, but my roomie thinks it might bug her too much.

Still no calls to the SPCA, animal control, or the radio stations. I think the ad we put in the paper comes out tomorrow. Hopefully that will help.

buttercup132
08-25-2005, 08:22 AM
i hope it helps are you just gonna give her to some1 if they say shes theres or are you gonna make them describe her first? and if her owners do come foward are you gonna ask about the wound?

ramanth
08-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Kia's had puke like that when her tummy is upset. It varies between that clear stuff, to foamy, to yellow bile.

pitc9
08-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Oh poor baby!! :(
I hope she feels better soon!!

jackie
08-25-2005, 09:12 AM
One of my dogs is quite the puker as well, clear a slimey like you said. I brought him to the vets and they said its nothing really to worry about.

I hope the dog's owwie gets better.

wolfsoul
08-25-2005, 09:21 AM
Thanks for your replies. :) I read to wait 48 hours before giving any food or drink, but I'll just try it for a day and see if she gets any better.

Originally posted by buttercup132
i hope it helps are you just gonna give her to some1 if they say shes theres or are you gonna make them describe her first? and if her owners do come foward are you gonna ask about the wound?
We would make them desribe her -- the ad says "Female rottweiler found. Call to identify." I hope it came out in today's paper. Yes, I'll talk to them about the wound.

pnance
08-25-2005, 10:09 AM
My vet recommended no food for 24 hours, but free access to water for Savannah when she was sick. Then start back with a small amount of either her food or a mix of yogurt and rice. If she holds that down then slowly increase, if she doesn't then remove the food for another 24 hours, after that he recommended to bring her in. Remeber you have no idea what she's been eating before you found her, so it could just be a tummy upset from getting regular, decent meals. Good idea to have the mass checked though.

Toby's my baby
08-25-2005, 12:12 PM
I am so glad you found her! Sounds like you are taking good care of her. I cant believe nobody has been looking for her, she sounds like a good dog, besides the tumor. I hope her owners come forward and claim her, or you find a good home for her! Good luck, with everything!

wolfie
08-25-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm so glad you found her!

Poor girl, I'm sorry about her tumor. I hope you find her owners...

keep us updated!

jesse_3
08-25-2005, 08:31 PM
I am so glad that you are being so kind as to do this for her. I am sure that she really needs it!

Steph, Jes, and Splinter

wolfsoul
08-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Well, good news and bad news. Bad news first.

I spent an enormous amount of my time today trying to find this dog's owners. You would not believe the amount of phone calls I made, and the help that came pouring in from the community. And after all of that, there is NO WAY IN HELL this dog is going back to her original owners. Obviously they don't care enough to want to find her OR give her veterinary care.

She just got back from the vet. We found out why she growls every time we touch her tummy, and why she drinks so much, and why she's lost her appetite, AND why she's been vomiting. The vet is 95% sure that she has pyomtera. She's also 95% sure that the tumor is mammary cancer from not being spayed, and she's also pretty sure she's had puppies at some point. My roomate thinks maybe she came from a puppy mill or BYB that dumped her because she can't breed anymore. She is older than 7 or 8. The vet said that she just needs to be spayed to get rid of the pyometra, but I guess it's a little more complicated because it could cost up to $800.

The good news --- We called a lady who runs Canine Communications. She is going to do a little bit of sponsoring. She is going to pay for the rottie's X-rays tomorrow. She also gave us the number of a lady who can help us get her spayed for cheap, and then Canine Communications will reimburse us. There are some good people out there after all. We decided to name the dog HOPE.

king2005
08-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Such a happy & sad story.

but whats pyomtera?

wolfsoul
08-25-2005, 10:48 PM
You guys are NOT going to believe this!!!

We found the owners when we weren't even trying. My roomie just called me (I'm not home, I'm housesitting right now). She went out to buy smokes and took the dogs with her. In order to get to the gas station you have to pass by the dog park (the area in Westbank where I found her). On the way back, she slowed down to look at the dogs, and a guy, about 15 years old, ran up to her and was yelling "hey hey!" He was looking at Hope (whose name is Maggie btw). Anne asked if it was his dog, and he said yes. She told him everything that we've been doing, and he didn't really seem to care. She asked him if he knew she was sick, and he said yes, but she's 14 or 15 (my goodness, this dog looks 5 years)!!! And he ACTUALLY (not joking at all) just told her that she could have him. He went back down to the beach, asked his dad, came back, and said "Yeah, we don't want it." They've had this dog for FIFTEEN YEARS, and suddenly they don't want it. I'm glad they are idiots because I want to find her a new home with people that will take care of her.

However, Anne has something else to think about. She's gotten attached to Maggie...I knew this would happen...She already has a chihuahua, a shi tzu mix, and I have my Belgian groenendael foster that I might be keeping, AND I'm getting my catahoula next year. It's not like we don't have the room...I just don't want her to regret having such a housefull! I wouldn't mind keeping the dog around at all. She's a real sweetie. But what is the vet going to say when they realise that we are keeping her? Will everyone think this was some huge fraud just so that we don't have to pay for her surgery ourselves? We're doing this under the understanding that we are rescuing this dog and fostering her until she finds a new home. I don't know what people will think. We'll have to call Canine Communications back and talk to them about it. But what if they won't pay for the surgery? It's not like I can't pay for it myself...$800 is just an awful lot of money when it's not even my dog, even if Anne does keep her. I will really need to think hard about it if I'm put in that situation. In the end it is the dog's life that matters and I will do what it takes to save her.

This is just amazing. To find the owners just like that, when we weren't even looking. I wish I wasn't housesitting so I could give that guy a piece of my mind. Anne said that when Maggie saw the guy, she moved to the other side of the car and put her head out the window to get as far away as she could. I thought she was missing her family, the way she's been acting.

I feel like crying. People can be so terrible.

I'll need to get some pictures soon so you can all see how beautiful she is.

Originally posted by king2005

but whats pyomtera?
It's an infection of the uterus. It can be quite fatal. The way my vet described it, "her uterus is filled with puss." :o

king2005
08-25-2005, 11:01 PM
ewww sounds terrible & painful. Maybe thats why shes crying, its hurting her.

Stupid owners. Atleast she knows u 2 love her.

Nomilynn
08-26-2005, 01:53 AM
pyo is GROSS. We had a rottie x come in to the clinic not that long ago. Does Hope have any discharge coming from her vulva? It's honestly something that needs to be dealt with quickly.. I know we consider it an urgent surgery at the clinic I work at.

ramanth
08-26-2005, 08:57 AM
The poor thing. :( Those jerks!! :mad:

The sad reality is that many people don't want older dogs. If you agreed to foster her and either didn't try very hard to find her a new home... ;) .. or if you do try hard and you just can't. No one will fault you for being a foster failure.

I had Logan vaccinated and neutered for very cheap, with the intentions of finding him a home. I don't have doctors pounding on my door. ;) :D

Ginger's Mom
08-26-2005, 09:47 AM
You really have been an angel. I wouldn't worry about the fostering/adopting thing too much. You don't actually have to adopt her, you can keep her as a long term foster that is not going to be re-homed. I am so glad it was you who found her. Would you please give her a gentle hug for me? Thanks.

wolfsoul
08-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Thanks for your replies everyone!

Good news! She had her surgery today. Turns out she didn't have pyometra after all --- infact, her uterus is very healthy, so she only had her tubes tied (I think? Either way she was spayed without having her uterus removed). She had the lump removed as well. It was hard getting her to wake up. She's going to be recooperating for a while. As we speak she is sleeping. She really doesn't want to wake up. We don't know why she had the symptoms that made it seem like pyometra -- including why she growled when we touched her tummy.

She is bleeding from where she had the lump removed. They said it was normal for her to bleed, but it's scary. The carpet is covered in blood. She has a tube inside of her skin to relieve the pressure of the tight skin against her.

My roomate has decided to keep her. Definatly a housefull now lol. When I get my houla, it'll be 5 dogs -- that is, if I keep my foster. Oh well, we have the room, so why not?!

Just thought y'all should know the good news. We have a new family member, and she's going to be okay. Thanks for the thoughts.

king2005
08-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Thats wonderful news :)

I was thinking all day about her & hoping all was well & hoping u guys would keep her :)

Now, were ready for some pics of this merical granny :)

wolfsoul
08-26-2005, 11:29 PM
I have a picture of her coming back from the vet, with her body all wrapped up in purple gauze lol. I will see if I can get to my mom's house this weekend. Then I can get pictures on to the computer. This computer is older and doesn't work with my camera.

king2005
08-26-2005, 11:36 PM
When Cadeau had her big surgery a few yrs back, she slept for a really long. They even had to keep her over night. Took a few days for her to want to get up & tour around. However getting her to get up to go potty was easy, we showed her a treat & she was like a puppy again. but it didn't last long & she would go back to sleep after she got back into the house.

Bloody or not, I cannot wait to see this luck pup :)

jesse_3
08-27-2005, 12:05 AM
I am glad that she is okay!-also that your roomate is keeping her! *jump for joy* What is her name going to be?

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

manda99
08-27-2005, 01:13 AM
what a sad story this dog has had.
she'll surely be so happy and greatful for all you and your roomie have done for her.

dog bless y'all :)

all our best,
amanda & smokey

wolfie
08-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Oh how sad about the old owners. I can't believe people sometimes...

I am so glad your roomie is keeping here! You are both such wonderful people. ^_^ And I'm glad to hear she's doing well after surgery. Teehee, I'd like to see the purple gauze pic!

buttercup132
08-27-2005, 05:35 PM
aww thats reallly good news im glad she keeping her and that shes got a good home

Daisy and Delilah
08-27-2005, 08:57 PM
THANK YOU JORDAN AND GOD BLESS YOU!! YOU'RE A TRUE ANGEL

The world needs more people like you. We pray this sweetheart gets well quickly and enjoys a better life as long as possible!!

Love, Terry, Daisy and Delilah:)

wolf_Q
08-27-2005, 11:40 PM
What a sad story, poor dog. It's so sad to see dogs that aren't cared for. That's great your roommate has decided to keep her. I'd love to see pics of her and your foster dog too. :)

finn's mom
08-28-2005, 02:11 AM
wow, that lucky girl. i'm so glad you guys found her. i don't understand anyone getting rid of a pet they've had for fifteen years. but, she is better off. i can't wait to see her picture.

wolfsoul
08-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Thanks everyone! :) Unfortunatly I can't get to my mom's this weekend to get the photos on the computer. I will as soon as possible though!

Suki Wingy
08-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Yay, A happy ending! Congrats.:)

king2005
08-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Can we have an update on the old gal? Is she fully awake? can u pet her tummy yet? does she seem happier? playful?

wolfsoul
08-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Yes, she's been awake all day. We took the gauze off because it was just so bloody. I don't think we were supposed to take it off until Monday but it was smelly and gross and it wasn't covering her entire owie anyways. She keeps bugging it so she has to wear the T-shirt again. She wouldn't play with any toys before but I threw her a toy today and she caught it and started to play with it. However, when Duke (the chihuahua) went up to her, she started to growl. She did let him take it away, but she can't stay here if she's going to be aggressive with the other dogs. We are going to keep her but if she harms another dog out of possesivness, we'll need to find her a new home. Anne recently rehomed her rottie mix because he attacked her other dog twice, both out of possesiveness. The second time required a $600 vet bill. Being in the profession we are, and the fact that we dogsit lots, we are always around other dogs. This was the ONLY time she did this, and she genereally ignores everything, including the cats and rats, so we are hoping this was just an isolated incedent and that she will be okay in this environment. Otherwise she has been just great!

king2005
08-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Thats mostly great news.

When Cadeau came home she snarled a few times & snapped a few times.

Cadeau is normally a harmless dog. Sadie will attacker her all the time to the point she cries & falls over & she still will not bite (Sadie is a long story).

But anyways, Cadeau has snapped & snarled at em once since her operation 3yrs ago. Her double dew nail curled all the way around & I wanted to look at it & she was not a happy pup. It was infected & so painfull looking. We forked out 100.00 for her to get it fixed & then yelled at Robs mom about it for a while..

But Cadeau is back to her old self & not caring about anything, but licking my legs :rolleyes:

I hope its just a 1 time thing, she seems soo sweet. Maybe it'll just be best to keep her in a room until shes not as sore? It'll also give her some privacy & time to adjust.

wolfsoul
08-28-2005, 11:26 PM
Aww Cadeau :)

She's not sore really, she's moving around and actually playing -- and she's guarding the house lol. She has such a cute bark. She was playing tug-of-war with a couple of the dogs, so it looks good so far!

Unfortunatly we got a call from her owner. My roomate gave the kid our number, and days after the fact, the VERY DRUNK mother calls us and wants her dog back. Too flippin' bad. She's calling the vet and Colleen to tell them she wants the dog. She told us that the dog came from the breeder in Vernon so I have already contacted them by email and told them about the situation. My roomate said it was kind of hard to understand the woman because she was so drunk, but she did make out that they let the dog wander and do whatever she wants, and Maggie is used to guard her NINE children. Well, apparently they can't afford birth control OR vet care, because Maggie's tumor has been seeping for some time, and she's been very sick. The breeder (http://www.myrotties.com/) seems reputable, so I'm sure she will agree with me and do what it takes to make sure the dog stays out of that home. Anne said that when the young guy saw Maggie in the car, Maggie pushed herself all the way over to the other side of the car and stuck her head out the window, trying to get away. :( This dog is happy HERE.

king2005
08-28-2005, 11:34 PM
I hope the vet & the breeder will help keep that sweet gal away from that terror of a family.

9 kids? what r they rabbits?? u can get birth control for free at a clinic, or buy it from ur dr. for 10.00/month.

I'm glad to hear that shes playing with the other dogs. Does she do the wiggling Rottie butt dance?? OMG I loved it when my ex-friends rottie did that, it was too cute & funny :)

wolfsoul
08-29-2005, 12:02 AM
She hasn't done that yet, but when she went to the window to bark at someone, it was like the bark made a tremor go through her entire body, because as soon as fher front feet hit the floor her whole body had this little wiggle go through it and her bum flew up in the air and wiggled. It was SO adorable.

You seriously should have heard my roomate talk to this lady. I was surprised she didn't completely freak out. My roomie gets into huge fights and has a big mouth lol. But while she didn't freak out, she did let that lady have it. She was like "You did NOT go through tpe proper procedures to find your dog. Usually when people have a lost dog they atleast call the SPCA or put an ad in the newspaper. They don't let their dog run around with no tags!!" Oh, and the lady said that she's been trying to call everyday, which isn't true because we really haven't gone out much all week, and she said she just "disn't want" to leave a message. And she said she didn't want to call animal control because animal control already got her once and they couldn't afford to pay another fine. She said animal control would trace her number and make them pay. If she WOULD have called them, they would have given her my number right away.

king2005
08-29-2005, 12:12 AM
she better not get that dog back... If she tries hard to get her back, go to the media. The media will put an end to her quickly & she'll be urs for sure.

I love the media for that kind of stuff.

ramanth
08-29-2005, 08:50 AM
YIKES!! I hope the breeder sides with you. What a horrible situation.

*hugs* for the sweet girl.

pitc9
08-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Oh My!! :eek:
I agree... if she tries to get the dog back, I'd go RIGHT to the media!! Better yet, go get her chipped NOW!!!!;)

king2005
08-29-2005, 11:07 PM
thats a fantastic idea... once u get her chipped in ur name shes yours!!!

wolfsoul
08-29-2005, 11:34 PM
The breeder called today. :) She was a VERY nice lady. She remembered the family Maggie went to right away. She is not 14 years old like the family said -- she is turning 12 in October. The breeder does NOT want Maggie going back to them, she wants us to keep her. We'll be going to Vernon in a couple of weeks to visit her. She is so excited to show us pictures of Maggie's parents (who were both Canadian Champions). She also can't wait to see Maggie. She sounds like an awesome person.

The owner lady who called lastnight was supposed to call again today -- my guess is that she might have forgotten the conversation. She was really drunk.

king2005
08-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Thats great news!!!

& its good to know that shes younger too.

She must be a good breeder to remember a pup she sold 12yrs ago :)

Keep good records when the old owners call & make good notes about what they say & their state of mind. Cause if she tries hard to get the dog back, ur case will be bullet proof with all that evidence & maybe childrens aid will look into her.

K9karen
08-29-2005, 11:45 PM
You guys have earned your angel wings! I'm just rivited by this story. Good thing this is a G rated site because I have a lot of choice words for Hope's "owners". Too bad for them. Their loss. I hope you chip her immediately. What a great idea! I also think the media would love this kind of story! You both sound like your handling this perfectly. You're the greatest! It was meant to be that Hope is with you. I'm in awe of you.

ramanth
08-30-2005, 08:26 AM
How about some pictures!? :D

lv4dogs
08-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Wow, thats great! I hope the former owner wakes up & realizes that she can't properly care for her & just let it go.

She sure sounds like a nice dog. Can't wait for pics!

wolfsoul
08-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Thanks everyone. :) I hope I can get pics up soon -- I just have to get to my mom's house and put the pics on her computer.

The owner DID remember the phone convo -- she called the vet today. The vet didn't really have too much to say to her. She doesn't understand the extent of things so she didn't know what to say. Atleast the breeder is going to back us up.

Maggie finally pooped today! She hasn't pooped at ALL since I found her. Well, unfortunatly it was baaad. She pooped in her crate at work. It was a lot of diahrrea. A few hours later, she did the same thing. My boss wasn't very happy. She did some more outside. The good thing is that she is actually pooping though.

king2005
08-31-2005, 10:25 PM
Thats good & bad news.

I think u should take her to a diff vet asap to get her chipped in ur names. The owners gave her up. As far as I know, they cannot just take her back.

I'll bet u anything, the reason they want her back is because u took her to the vets & got her all cleaned up, so she looks like a nice dog again.

So what did the vet say, when they old owner called them?

Talk to the shelter about how the laws work. U know how a shelter can adopted out an animal after a week. Maybe once u have the dog for a week its urs??

EDIT:
Email these guys. Mr. Larry Wilkinson (the boss) is my friends father. He knows the laws like the back of his hand & he has no problems answering questions, about an animals well being. Email him or call him.
(613) 283-9360
[email protected]

Mr. Larry Wilkinson belongs to the Ontario SPCA .

Heres the website.
L.A.W.S. (http://www.lanarkanimals.ca/OSPCA2005.asp)

They r really good people, I know they can help. I haven't seen Brian (the son) in about a month. Hes been working in other stores, otherwise I would have gotten his dads personal email addy & would have asked him to give his dad shout to get his opinion on the info that I know.

The # is long distance, so maybe the email might be best. just make sure u tell him ur in BC & was reffered to them due to reliability.

I hope this all works out.

cyber-sibes
09-01-2005, 07:58 AM
You are such an angel! Sounds like her former "owner" (if you can call her that:mad: ) is going to be a pain in the butt, at least until she realizes that she is NOT going to get this dog back. Can't wait to see pics of her!
My RB Rosie waspart rottie, and she did the most adorable hula- butt-dance too, everytime she saw us come home! Good luck. (Are you calling her Maggie or Hope?:confused: )

wolfsoul
09-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments, help, and prayers. Unfortunatly I have some bad news. Maggie's owner has been calling us since lastnight and threatening to physically harm us --- Anne had to leave for Calgary today and didn't want me to be put in any danger by having the dog here. So we called the breeder and asked if she could take Maggie back. She said that she didn't want to get in any legal trouble. So we talked to the SPCA, and they said that we did absolutely nothing wrong, and that if we give her to them, that they could charge the owners. So we gave Maggie to the SPCA. This way, when the owners go there, they will be charged with negligence and letting an animal run at large. They couldn't have done that if we kept her. And when Anne gets back we are calling the police on the owner. Anne cried and cried today...we both really liked Maggie. I wish I could go get her -- she must be so scared. :( I didn't want Anne to take her there but I'm glad the owners will get what's coming to them. I hope this means they can't get any more dogs.

I do have some cute pictures of her but I still have no way of getting them on here. I may be getting to my mom's this weekend sometime though, so I can get them up then. Then you can all see my new dog as well, and my roomate's dogs.

wolfsoul
09-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Oh, and the SPCA said that they will treat her for whatever she has. Since her diahrrea episode, she has been vomiting like crazy (at work, once again..). I'm so glad that they will do this. Most times the SPCA here doesn't give a damn -- I'm glad that they are actually working to help Maggie.

cyber-sibes
09-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Prayers going out for you & your roommate and Maggie. I hope this gets those crazy owners off your back for good, but stay vigilent, some people are mean and vengeful (and you already know they're mean!) I hope Maggie heals well and gets a great home. You are an angel for all you did for her! :)

Ginger's Mom
09-01-2005, 09:53 PM
You did everything you could do and more for that poor girl. You not only gave her a good home and medical treatment but you made sure that she went somewhere where she would continue to get care and treatment. She is lucky that you found her. I hope they find her a good home.

anna_66
09-01-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm just now seeing this and after reading all that you've been through I just hate to see that Maggie had to be taken to the SPCA. I just hope whatever happens she gets to live the rest of her life in a nice and loving home.
Thank you on Maggie's behalf for being such an angel.

king2005
09-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Will the SPCA let u adopt her after the owners r charged & what not?

I hate seeing old dogs in shelters

K9karen
09-02-2005, 12:05 AM
I was going to ask the same question..is there a chance you can adopt Maggie if the owners don't pay the fine or whatever? You'd think the owner would be thankful that you paid to have her operated on and cared for her so lovingly, but then again, what am I thinking? I'm considering the source. I hope they get what's coming to them. Hopefully they can't afford the fine and are not permitted to have her back. Is there a possibility of them getting her back? Does it work that way? I'm sorry, I don't know how they work.