PDA

View Full Version : Has your kitty family grown since coming to PT?

sirrahbed
08-23-2005, 09:12 AM
I had to chuckle (OK.... loud guffaw!!:D ) when I was reading about catnapper Kim and her expanding kitty family! So, I thought it might be fun to hear how the rest of you have grown since coming here to PT. When Missy told me about this place, we had 1 geriatric - RB Ernie and had recently lost RB Bert. We soon (within days) adopted Emily and Eliot - even though we intended to adopt ONE ADULT - there were these two cute little kittens who were "hard to place" because they had to be adopted together.....we had never even had kittens before! Well, then came Dylan because I so wanted an orangie - and he is about 3 years old. Then, kimlovescats had this adorable litter of kittens....hubby wanted a girl and I wanted a boy...so off to Tennessee we went to pick up Lizzie and Robbie and I find myself with FIVE KITTIES! which seems to me a lot of kitties!! Now, I am working on hubby to perhaps add another:o
So - let's here about how YOUR fur family has grown:)

dukedogsmom
08-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Mine went from none to one :p

sirrahbed
08-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Mine went from none to one :p

oh!! I wish I had added the option that we gained a new catMeowmie!!:)

catmandu
08-23-2005, 09:25 AM
THAT WAS IN 2002,I THINK.SINCE THEN SCRAPPY 2,HAS JOINED,AND RAGANAR,AND POUNCETTE,HAVE COME,AND FOUND NEW HOMES.
AND I FOUND THAT NUGGET,AND ROSCOE,HAVE HOMES,IN THE NEIGHBOR HOOD,
AND BJ,SADLY HAS PASSED,ONTO THE RAINBOW BRIDGE! SO,I AM DOWN 4,SADLY,I WILL HAVE,TO SEE,IF FOR4ANGELS,WILL HELP,MAKE UP,THE NUMBERS!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos894.jpg

cloverfdx
08-23-2005, 09:27 AM
We went from two, to one, then back to two (Foster) and now back to one :D.

We started out with 2 but the old Persian Rose decided she wanted to live with our neighbours, so she is happily living with them and is spoilt rotton. She must be atleast 15 or 16 years old now.

Yumi came along probably 2 years before Rose moved next door, they would ignore one another and poor Yumi at times would attempt to be friends.

Late last year Missy kitty was rescued and we fostered her up until last week (Actualy the week before, man time fly's). Her and Yumi clashed in personality so it was not going to work out as a long term thing.

I will not be bringing another Cat into my life again, well not for a long time. Yumi is 6 years old and wants to be an only cat.

NoahsMommy
08-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Isn't it nice having someone to blaim?? ;)

I had Noah when I joined....then we added Noel, Basil, Livvy, Micah, Oliver...Oliver had to go back to the shelter :( ... then came Hermione...then the four babies, kept 2, found homes for 2...then came Jonah. Sadly, we lost our Livvy. :(

All together, I added 11, subtracted 3 (new homes) and lost 1.

Then...I split up with David...kept Noah, Basie, Micah, Phoebe and Jonah...making my number 5.

David is at 3 with Noel, Hermie and Sami

Its been an interesting 4 years...that's for sure... ;)

emily_the_spoiled
08-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Let's see ... I have added 4 since joining here. I started off with Emily (years ago), then added Tanner. After that I joined PT, then I added Charlie. Then I was really "good" for a couple of years and didn't add any more (probably because I was a student and didn't have the money :rolleyes: ).

But I have made up for it in the last year. Last summer I added Miss Bear from soneome who was moving away. This past May I added Ptolemy and Newton, who are brothers. So I think I am almost at my "happy cat" maximum (but maybe not ;) )

Sonia59
08-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Not yet increased, but thinking about it...;)

But I am on PT for only 3 months, is it a good excuse??:rolleyes:

catlover4ever
08-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Before coming to PT I had 5 Tigger, Smokey, Tucker, Mystic and Abner. Since joining I also had Tobias, Cleo, Gracie, Gabriel and now Vegas.

I lost Tobias and Cleo...they are playing on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Gracie and Gabriel came from another PT member (Jan) and Vegas is the stray/feral from my mom's house. I have been working with him to calm him down and become more trusting...he is now a total love bug that loves to be held, play and get lovings whenever possible.

jazzcat
08-23-2005, 11:07 AM
I picked that I've added two, Rocky and Rumor but I think I could really say three. I joined just a week or so after bringing Scout in but didn't officially adopt her for another week plus I lurked here for many months, almost a year before joining. I needed tips on how to introduce Jazz to Ripley and how to deal with all her health issures.

Lobodeb
08-23-2005, 11:09 AM
I've gained one. I orginally had my chubby Sammy, then nawtee Payton came in the mix.

What a ride it's been with that little monster.

kuhio98
08-23-2005, 11:11 AM
We added Pepper to the family since I joined in 2003. But one Pepper is like adopting 5 kittens. :p Can cats have Attention Deficit Disorder? The girl can run circles around us. I think she's going to be a perpetual kitten. She doesn't seem to be slowing down at all. Gee, too bad she's so fragile because of her heart murmur... :p

DJFyrewolf36
08-23-2005, 11:12 AM
I went from Zero to two!!! Before PT, I wasn't at all interested in getting a kitty but living with cats and then hearing about them on here inspired me to get my Remus butt and then Spook wandered on by and I officially failed fostering 101 lol.

sirrahbed
08-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Sonia59
Not yet increased, but thinking about it...;)

But I am on PT for only 3 months, is it a good excuse??:rolleyes:

:D just wait!!:D

catnapper
08-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Boy, I'm so glad I can A) make you gaffaw :D and B)inspire such a thread! :D :D

Ok, time for honesty here. I started with just Allen and Pouncer. Then came Abby and Harry. I honestly only wanted ONE additional kitty! ONE! I swear! Hubby wanted to keep Harry (and I was sort of coerced to keep Harry by one certain lady who promises to keep her lips zipped and never insist I keep another foster.... hmmmmm.... who could that be? ;)

Anyhow... started with two. Doubled to 4 last fall. Then came along a certain little 3-legger who stole my heart the moment she walked into the house. Then a beuaitful little long haired black tabby who has pooped her way through my house and somehow managed to make me love her despite her leaky poo problems.

Now I have two more three leggers..... and I swear with the entire PT family as my witness..... they are finding homes!

I still am going to make myself take Angel and Flutter to Adoption Events! Not that they'll get adopted... just that they are going. Besides, I think its payback time for someone who made me keep Harry. I think she needs Angel herself. Of course I won't hand her over until the poopy problem is all gone... so she has a few months to convince herself and her hubby (and Ripley) that they need Angel in their lives.

oh, and I can't forget Minette! She still IS up for adoption. Just here for the long haul. And really, she's my daughter's cat! :D

Soooo after all that, I wasn't quite sure how to answer that poll. Two for sure. Then you could possibly say three because of Minette, Flutter or Angel. Or 4 or 5. :confused: Oh heck, I don't know how many I added!

sirrahbed
08-23-2005, 11:25 AM
catnapper - here you are!! Yes, you inspired me and made me GUFFAW!:D (not a pretty sound) I should have spared you all that 'splaining...by adding another choice just for you...SEVEN or more :p

jazzcat
08-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Hubby wanted to keep Harry (and I was sort of coerced to keep Harry by one certain lady who promises to keep her lips zipped and never insist I keep another foster.... hmmmmm.... who could that be? ;)

Besides, I think its payback time for someone who made me keep Harry. I think she needs Angel herself. Of course I won't hand her over until the poopy problem is all gone... so she has a few months to convince herself and her hubby (and Ripley) that they need Angel in their lives.

Ho ho ho!!! I have been keeping my lips zipped! For the most part.

Sounds like you have a plan for me an Angel. Well I think once you get the poopy problem fixed you will be so in love with her that you won't give her up so I'm not too worried. :D

catnapper
08-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Ho ho ho!!! I have been keeping my lips zipped! For the most part.

I think you have a broken zipper! :D :p

I will be quite happy to hand her over to you when the time comes. I know there's no other home better than yours for her. Besides, she's developing a nice little Clubber Jr. and I think Clubber needs a buddy!

jazzcat
08-23-2005, 11:45 AM
I think you have a broken zipper! :D :p

I will be quite happy to hand her over to you when the time comes. I know there's no other home better than yours for her. Besides, she's developing a nice little Clubber Jr. and I think Clubber needs a buddy!
ROFLOL!!! I don't know what you are talking about.

La,la,la,la.... I can't hear you.:D :p

kittycats_delight
08-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Well I have been here only 5 months and my numbers have stayed the same but as some of you know I will be relocating soon and once we do there will be an added 1 as Micia my hubby's cat in Italy will be living with us. And then once we get settled we will be increasing by another 2 (or more)

So by the end of October our numbers will have increased from 2 to 5(or more)

krazyaboutkatz
08-23-2005, 12:37 PM
When I joined I had 3 cats Storm, Pepper, and Sunny but sadly Pepper passed on to Rainbow Bridge.:( Then I adopted 2 more cats Cirrus and Sky. Cirrus's personality was clashing with Storm's because he wanted to be the alpha cat so I sadly had to return him back to the rescue group where I had origionally adopted him.:( Now I'm on my way to Arizona today to go adopt my little girl Pearl:D from another Pet Talker K & L and then on Sat. I'll be brining home my other little boy Starr.:D

Yes, I think that PT has really influenced me to adopt more kitties because I never dreamed that I'd eventually have 5 furkids.:)

k9krazee
08-23-2005, 12:42 PM
I started out with 2, Lassie and Lucky and since joining PT we adopted Jasper!

Cataholic
08-23-2005, 12:46 PM
I had five kitties when I joined in 2003. Is that when I joined, LOL. Sadly, Tex- my heart cat- went to the RB in May of 2005. I adopted Montana in December 2003, and Gus this past July. WAIT a minute! When did I get Minnie? LOLOL.

Just forget it. I have 7 cats, and I used to have 1. Whatever happened to me. Oh, I remember, I am a CATAHOLIC!

prechrswife
08-23-2005, 12:49 PM
So far, we have the same number as we did when I started here. Samson had only recently arrived at that point, though.

shais_mom
08-23-2005, 01:10 PM
I started out with a dog - then my heart told me to get a kitty.
Then my dog passed away and I was down to only a cat.
Then I got a puppy aka Keegan.
And they lived together for 3 years when I when I did something horrible to Kylie ............................

I brought home Kloe! ;)

Logan
08-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Mine has grown by one (Buttercup, of course). And he has been with us for 4 years now! :)

ramanth
08-23-2005, 01:44 PM
I had zero kitties of my own when I joined Pet Talk. Just me and Kia.

So my numbers increased by two. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-23-2005, 01:47 PM
When I joined, I had 1 cat, Sydney. After he went to the RB, I got Maya. Two months later I got Inka!!

Logan
08-23-2005, 01:49 PM
I must add that our 16 year old Mimi does NOT like other cats. She tolerates Buttercup. :p That's about it. She still hisses at him constantly. That's the only reason I haven't added to my group. I would LOVE to have another cat and will adopt another, eventually, just not while Mimi is around. I hope she stays with me for a long, long time.

Logan

Pam
08-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I would LOVE to have another cat and will adopt another, eventually,
Logan

LOL! Does Scott know this? :p :p

My kitty population has stayed the same but I added two dogs! I only had Trevor and Andy when I joined PT!

Vermontcat
08-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I must add that our 16 year old Mimi does NOT like other cats. She tolerates Buttercup. :p That's about it. She still hisses at him constantly. That's the only reason I haven't added to my group. I would LOVE to have another cat and will adopt another, eventually, just not while Mimi is around. I hope she stays with me for a long, long time.

Logan

Samantha and Mimi are so much alike.
I have stayed the same at one kitty for 17 years now.
Someday I will get another kitty but for now Samantha won't allow it.

CalliesMom
08-23-2005, 03:56 PM
I've had the same number of cats for five years now. To be honest, I'm quite happy with three cats and won't add anymore to the gang I have. When the kitties do pass on to the RB (which hopefully won't be years and years to come), I think I'll probably just stick with two kitties. Preferably two that like each other. :rolleyes: ;)

jenluckenbach
08-23-2005, 03:57 PM
oops, I voted wrong. :o I just went to look up my joining date and realized this. I voted adopted 2, but I should have said adopted 4.

I had 11 cats when I joined in Sept 2002. 2 months later I added Jim and Kim. and in 2003, when I began fostering, I adopted Bonnie (August) and Mickey (December).

Shilo is STILL a foster!!

catnapper
08-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Shilo is STILL a foster!! But when was the last time he went to an adoption event? :D

jenluckenbach
08-23-2005, 04:40 PM
But when was the last time he went to an adoption event? :D
Not a valid argument. MANY, MANY kitties do not go to the adoption events, but that does not make them any less available. :p

rg_girlca
08-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh Jen, just add Shilo to your siggy and get it over with girl.:D

I really enjoyed reading all the posts about who had who and how many have added to the family.
Great thread Debbie.

Okay, lets see now, when I first joined PT in 2002, I just had Katie, Buddy and Scooter. Scooter went on to the RB about 2 weeks after joining PT. :(
Got Mooky in 2002 for Katie, then got Chipper in 2003 for a playmate for Mooky.
Poppy was 7 weeks old, when rescued off the streets in 2004. Was SUPPOSE to find another home for him. PTer's thought otherwise.
Willy was brought to me, rescued from the back lane when he was 4 weeks last May. Was SUPPOSE to find him a new home.
PTer's thought otherwise.

Yup, I can honestly say that my family has grown thanks to PT.

MMMMMM I wonder what 2006 will hold for me.:eek:

DogLover9501
08-23-2005, 05:04 PM
When I joined, I just had Tigger. He was an only cat for almost 7 years.

Last October, we added Emma! And I blame it on all of you crazy cat people :D

BitsyNaceyDog
08-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Sadly I've decreased in number by two. Scampers went to RB in February and Roxy joined her in June. That took my kitty count down from seven to five.

sandragonfly
08-23-2005, 11:32 PM
lol..don't ask! :o

can you guess? remember?.....

january, the third of 2003 was when I first came in here....

I only had one!! :eek: ..my heart black cat, zephyra. :D

I'm not gonna blab over about how I got.. *ahem* ..twevle more in a couple years!! :D

I would have had 19 total if the three didn't died, two went back to their fosterhome -- couldn't enjoy being around "mutli-cats" and those four boys I have now, their sister didn't made it to tenth day..

oh my dear.....

Mad Mags Moo
08-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Still got 2! Do you think i could kind of count Harry our neighbours cat????? If so then 2 and a half!!!!:D

Glacier
08-24-2005, 11:13 AM
There have been some new additions and losses, but we are up one from when I joined When I signed up (September 2002) I had 6 cats--Glacier, Pete, Dominique, Ivy, Polly Paws, & Onyx. Felicia and Twicket joined us after, but I don't think I posted much on the cat side at the time. Since then Dominique and Twicket have crossed the bridge and Boots has joined us. So now there are seven and I post alot more on the cat side now!