PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm back

DesertArabian
08-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Hello Pet Talk!

This is Laura, I used to have the user name YellowLabLover. I am back. For those who like me- "hello"; for those who do not like me- "sorry I'm back!" :p I missed everyone so much, as you all know- Pet Talk is like family! I tried to keep up with everything, I came on every now and then, but I am sure there is a lot of stuff I missed. Are there any other old members who have left since I have been gone, can anyone fill me in on that?!

Not much is new here. Everything is just fine! My summer has been pretty boring though, I haven't done that many fun things. I wasn't able to volunteer at horse camp this summer sadly. :( I have been working my butt off- haven't had much time for fun stuff. I have just been hanging out with friends a lot, going to a few horse shows here and there, going up north, etc. We do have a late-summer trip planned out for September to go the Clark County Mule Festival in Missouri- mom and and I very excited about that.

Sammy, Dudley, Eloise, Sophie, Peanut, and Buster are doing great. A while back we had a flea attack- it was absolutely horrible! The rats never got them thank goodness. We went to the vet and got the rabbits and kitties treated. They got them from the wild rabbits outside (they are all over!), since my rabbits and kitties get to go outside a lot on nice warm days to play. GRR! They are all better now, yay! I will try to post new pictures of them shortly.

Oh, I do have some sad news. For those who may recall, I volunteered at a horse camp and was extremely attached to two horses named Spirit (Welsh/Arab) and Jack (QH/Morgan). Back in May I was up there for a weekend helping out, Spirit passed away while I was up there. I found him laying out in the field. I sat in the field for about a half hour crying next to him, saying my good-byes, thanking him for good times, etc. It was very hard for me. I miss him terribly. He passed away May 14th.

On a happy note... I am so glad to be back, I hope most of you share the same feeling. I'm so excited! :)

Laura/DesertArabian
(AKA YellowLabLover)Hello Pet Talk!

finn's mom
08-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Nice to see you! Ack, don't worry about people who don't like you, if there are any...welcome back!

Karen
08-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Why the change of user name?

DesertArabian
08-22-2005, 11:45 PM
I do not know the password to my old name, I got sick of it anyhow. Is it alright if I have this one instead!? :confused:

flamepony12
08-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Welcome back :)

shais_mom
08-23-2005, 12:18 AM
HI Laura!!!

say Hi to your mom for me!
welcome back

luckies4me
08-23-2005, 01:03 AM
I missed you!!! :D It's so funny because I have been thinking of you a lot lately and then there you are! LOL! :p Can you please post some ratty pics soon? ;)

NoahsMommy
08-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Hey Laura! Its good to have you back! I missed you as well.

I'm so sorry about Spirit....how horrible to have found him like that. :(

Nice to "hear" from you. :)

Hugs,
Kelly

Cookiebaker
08-23-2005, 02:30 AM
Hey Laura, I'm sooo glad you are back!!! :) I really missed you! Glad your bunnies & ratties are good, I can't wait to see pictures.

Welcome Back! :)

jenluckenbach
08-23-2005, 05:30 AM
HI
I PM'd you when I saw you post elsewhere (I knew it was you). But now I have the answer to my question. :o
Welcome home.

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Welcome back Laura!!:D I wondered where you went and missed you too!;)

luvofallhorses
08-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Welcome back! :)

Corinna
08-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Welcome back

Anita Cholaine
08-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Welcome back!!!!:):D

carole
08-23-2005, 06:10 PM
A warm welcome back to you Laura, sorry you even left, I think your new user name is pretty kewl, hope you intend to stay for good this time around.:)

Kfamr
08-23-2005, 06:18 PM
I for one am glad to have you back. :D

I've missed you and your mom, and I do think next time the muttlies and I head up to Ohio you two NEED to come. ;)

Hope everything is well with you all.