PDA

View Full Version : I'm SOOOOOO excited...I found Tobey this morning!!!

mugsy
03-05-2002, 07:34 AM
I found Tobey this morning on my way to school. I didn't get him because I would have had to go onto the people's property and I wasn't in the mood to be arrested for trespassing or getting shot. I did call the desk sergeant and she told me that when I get home today that I should call and an officer would meet me there and get him back. Mike got all of our lost reports and found reports and Tobey's rabies tag together and is calling Dr Byerley and having Deb fax all of his records to us and I will have it all with me (along with the police report number) when I meet with the officer. Mike and I disagree with how to handle it, I say, just give me my dog, but Mike wants to press charges against the guy. I just had to get on here as soon as I got to school to tell you that I had found him since you guys have been so great about keeping up to date on the progress.

Logan
03-05-2002, 07:45 AM
Oh, Mugsy!! I am so relieved for you and for Tobey. Of course, I will feel better when you have him safely back at your house. I know you will too! But your heart is a lot lighter this morning, I'm sure, just knowing you have seen him.

Post back when you can and let us know how it goes. Hug that Tobey real hard for all of us when you have him! :D

Stenograsaurus
03-05-2002, 07:59 AM
Oh, Thank God you had seen him. Does he look okay? Was he with the the original owner?
I hope all goes well for you this afternoon and you will have that lovely, pretty boy in your arms this evening!!!! I imagine there will be lots of cuddle time coming up!!!

Randi
03-05-2002, 08:02 AM
Im so happy that you found Tobey!! :D I bet you couldn't concentrate in school today. LOL Oh, what a relief!! Did he look alright? Please let us know as soon as you can. Give him a big hug from us! And spoil him rotten!! :D ;) :D

Fister & his mom

sasvermont
03-05-2002, 08:03 AM
Great news about Tobey. Be careful about how you get the dog. I would suggest you go according to the law on this one. You just never know what sort of characters you are dealing with these days. I am so excited for you.

Please do keep us posted!

:)

Albea
03-05-2002, 08:03 AM
Mugsy:
What good news!!! Can't wait to hear what that person will say to justify taking Tobey away from you :mad:
Good luck tonight when you go to get him back. Let us know (of course you will) how everything worked out and give the pup a big hug from me.

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-05-2002, 08:20 AM
Great news! I would find out how they got Tobey. If they took him from you, then press charges.

C.C.'s Mom
03-05-2002, 08:40 AM
I'm so happy you found Tobey! I think it's good that you take it the official way... you never know! Keep us updated and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Tobey gets back to you very soon.

evelyn1157
03-05-2002, 09:01 AM
i am so glad you found tobey. this is such a happy ending. pls keep us updated on tobey:D

jackiesdaisy1935
03-05-2002, 09:10 AM
Mugsy, great news, I will feel a whole lot better when you have him home safe and sound.
I can imagine how excited you are, I hope you find out what happened, how this guy came to have him.
That was great news to start my day, thanks for posting it, I have a smile on my face now. LOL
Jackie

slleipnir
03-05-2002, 09:24 AM
That's awesome news!! I can just imagin how excited you must be! It's great that he's back, he seems to be a real sweety :D

Gio
03-05-2002, 10:22 AM
[/B] YOU CAN'T IMAGINE HOW EXCITED I AM!!!! :D :D :D

When I saw your post I actually shouted and it got me funny looks from the whole office, but who cares it's such good news.

The most important thing is to get Tobey back where we belongs but I can see Mike's point of view as well. I would also find it very hard to let this guy off without getting what he deserves (or at least some of it). Perhaps the police can advise you on what would be best for you. Good luck! I'll be with you with my thoughts.

jennifert
03-05-2002, 10:31 AM
That's fantastic!! I'm so happy for you. Be Careful! Let us know how it goes!

sammi
03-05-2002, 10:45 AM
Happy Day's Are Here Again !!!! That is really great news! I can't wait till you get home from school and go to that house and get him. We all will be waiting to hear what happened step by step ! :p

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-05-2002, 10:50 AM
That is great news. I know you must have ants in your pants waiting to bring him home. I bet he will be happy to see you :) .

Former User
03-05-2002, 11:35 AM
YAY, this is good news, I know you are more than happy! :)

Keep us posted ok?

mruffruff
03-05-2002, 11:53 AM
Absolutely SUPER!

How did you manage to go on to school? I don't think I could have concentrated.

Can't wait to hear that he's back home.

Mary

mugsy
03-05-2002, 12:03 PM
Gio, you are sooo funny. The woman I share a classroom with laughed when I read her your post. She was surprised to find that you are from Italy. I will definitely let you know what happens...I am going to follow the letter of the law to a "T", no messing this one up. I am gathering all of my found reports, lost reports, rabies tag and paper, and all of his vet records for proof. The guy won't have a leg to stand on.

LoudLou
03-05-2002, 12:07 PM
That is just the greatest news ion the world!!!!! Tobey will be home soon. I agree with your husband, you SHOULD press charges... I know you want him back really bad, but you should be careful like sasvermont said, "I would suggest you go according to the law on this one. You just never know what sort of characters you are dealing with these days. " Some people are not nice !

Please let usknow when he is SAFE & SOUND at HOME.

lizbud
03-05-2002, 12:14 PM
Mugsy,

WOW, I'm so happy to hear this news about Tobey !!!

Did you happen to spot him from your car ? How does he look?
Gosh, I have a million questions. Is the place where Tobey is
the house of the guy you've suspected of taking him?
Sounds like you & Mike are going about getting him back
in a very careful and planned way. Best of luck !!! Please
post details later when you are able. Thanks. Liz.

Dixieland Dancer
03-05-2002, 12:36 PM
GREAT NEWS!!! Fill us in with the details later when you can. We want to know how you spotted him, where he was, who had him, is he okay, etc..... Just everything!

Give him and extra couple of hugs from me!

tatsxxx11
03-05-2002, 01:32 PM
What wonderful news, Mugsy!! I can't wait until he is home, safe and sound! You must have fainted when you saw him!:) However did you manage to concentrate today?? And definitely follow the letter of the law!!! Can't wait for the update!!

AdoreMyDogs
03-05-2002, 05:03 PM
Mugsy, that is WONDERFUL! I wish you lots of luck in the reclaiming of that beautiful Tobey boy.

BTW, did you get a good look at him? How does he look? Was he out in someone's backyard?

aly
03-05-2002, 06:19 PM
mugsy - this is the very first message I saw. How wonderful!!!! I couldn't have hoped for better news. Reading your posts has definately made my day. I AM SO HAPPY AND EXCITED FOR YOU! I can't wait until he is in your arms once again. It was fate that you saw him and I know he will be in your loving home for good soon.

Update us ASAP!! :D I will be on pins and needles.

Crikit
03-05-2002, 07:28 PM
WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Glad to hear that Tobey's been found and going home.

man I'm in such a weird mood right now.

Sudilar
03-05-2002, 08:08 PM
THAT IS THE BEST NEWS!!!!

So extemely happy for you. Can't wait for the update with him safely in your arms!!! WoooooHoooooo!

shais_mom
03-06-2002, 12:50 AM
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!This is great news!! Just wonderful!
I agree with both of you!
Go and get your dog and press charges after finding out what is sorry excuse is.

Cinder & Smoke
03-06-2002, 01:17 AM
We're checking in frum the Fire Station... Dad hadda do a Fire Report ~

It's 2:15 AM - and no news yet... ??

Hey TOBEY !
You Home Yet?

How boutz jumpin onna puter an lettin us know you're OK
and back HOME.
Sure hope yer Mom hooked up wiff ya after skewl.
We're ALL wurried sick bout you!

Please give us sum Good News!

delidog
03-06-2002, 04:37 AM
yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! i am sssssssssssooooooooooooo glad that you found your tobey!!!!!! please let us know when he is home....SAFE AND SOUND!!!!!!!

RachelJ
03-06-2002, 07:00 AM
Oh what of what is the rest of the story. We must have a happy ending here....please, please, please.

mugsy
03-06-2002, 07:14 AM
Unfortunately, I do not have good news. First of all, yes, the dog is Tobey, but the officer took our information (again, both lost reports, both found reports, vet records, rabies tag) along with 2 pictures of him and went to the house and the guy lied and told him that he had had the dog for 1.5 years and then 3 months ago the dog disappeared. Now the lie, he told the officer that one day the dog just showed back up at his door. I have witnesses who say that he was in hot pursuit in his car the day that Tobey got out. Anyway, the officer said that at this point it is a civil matter and we have to take him to small claims court and there's still no guarentee that we will get him back or even get compensated for the time he was with us. I just feel totally defeated and that if anything bad can happen it will happen to us. The girl at Animal Control said that if he got out once, he run again and we just need to keep our eyes open and then take him again when he runs...not much hope, but perhaps. Sorry I'm such a downer today.

Gio
03-06-2002, 07:19 AM
I'm devastated, I was so much hoping for good news. I wish I could jump on the first plane and cut Tobey loose (amd put my hands around that man's neck). Please don't apologise, you have every right to be upset. I only wish there was something I could do. The only thing I can offer you right now is an unlimited amount of prayers.
Please don't give up hope

Former User
03-06-2002, 07:21 AM
Oh no, that is so sad Mugsy, but do not give up!!!!!! Justice will win, you'll see and you get Tobey back!!! I know it won't be easy, but it will happen!! In the meanwhile, keep up a positive thinking and do not give up ok? For Tobey's sake!

((((((((((Mugsy)))))))))

Logan
03-06-2002, 07:55 AM
Mugsy,
I am so sorry to read this. :(
Now, if you don't mind, help this feeble brain of mine remember how you got him in the first place, please? Maybe there is an old link I read. I just can't remember the circumstances under which he came to you in the first place.
Logan

mugsy
03-06-2002, 08:01 AM
In October, Mike was coming home from looking for a job and saw this dog running loose on the adjacent street from ours, and stopped and picked him up so he didn't get hit or worse. We put ads in the paper, ads at both shelters, put up flyers, and drove him around the neighborhood looking for the owner, all to no avail, so after 30 days (which in Fort Wayne means the dog is yours), we took him to the vet and had him neutered and got his shots etc. So, Logan, I hope that answers your question. If you have any more, just let me know and I will be happy to answer them. I really appreciate all of your kind words...it really means a lot to both Mike and me. We will keep trying to get him back and will keep you up to date as much as possible. Also, a Smokey update, we are going to try and find him a home where he is the only dog since he is iffy about how he will be out of a crate and off leash with the other dogs.

Logan
03-06-2002, 08:13 AM
I hung around to see if you would see my question, Mugsy. And now that you have told the story, I remember it well. You have so many stories, because you have so many dogs, that I just couldn't keep up with all of them.

Have you considered having all of your "keepers" microchipped, even if you just did it as you could afford it. Maybe the animal control people do it and would offer it to you for a less expensive price than the vet? I'm grasping at straws here, but at a minimum, I'd at least ask, or see if your vet would consider doing a "bulk" rate for you. I found it to be fairly expensive ($50/dog) with my vet, but it is a sure way of proving that they are yours if they ever get out. If not that, I would be sure to get good, close up shots of each dog, taken from different angles, plus make notes about any "special" features, like a broken tooth or a special marking. Anything that will help you to prove that the dog is yours.

My ex husband took in a stray Golden mix, when we were in college. He was living in an apartment, and she just showed up there. Can't remember what all he did to find her owner, but she was matted, dirty, thin and we took her to the vet, had her spayed, got all of her shots; we groomed her, fed her well, etc, and Sandy became his dog. She went everywhere with him. One day, he was at one of those self serve car washes, and this girl came over and said "that's my dog". He said NO WAY, and refused to hand her over to him. She actually proceeded all the way to magistrate's court to get that dog back, and won, but had to reimburse him for every dime he had spent. He didn't care about the money. He wanted the dog. It literally broke his heart to give her up, after seeing what terrible shape she was in when he found her. It was so sad. :( I guess I'm hoping that if you have to go that far, you will have better luck than he did. What's that old saying, "possession is 9/10's of the law"?? Hope that's not true in this case.

We'll keep Tobey and you in our prayers.
Logan

aly
03-06-2002, 08:16 AM
It sounds like legally the dog now belongs to you and Mike. Take that man's butt to court. Even if he lies, he has absolutely no proof. And you have a lot. Any judge would be stupid not to rule in favor of you because of that 30 day law.

Maybe once the guy sees he's neutered he won't want him anymore. Wishful thinking I know, but I've seen it happen before.

I will be praying for you and awaiting Tobey's return to his real home, which I know will happen.

zippy-kat
03-06-2002, 08:38 AM
I'm sorry you weren't able to get Tobey back yesterday. But don't give up!! You were meant to have this pup!!

I agree with Aly, it seems like the 30-day ruling would apply to you as well; legally, Tobey is YOURS.

HEY! Here's a thought....does the man have ANY vet records to show for the dog????!!!! Vaccinations, etc??? How about grooming bills? Anything?!

Good luck!

{{Mugsy}}

ramanth
03-06-2002, 09:12 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about that Mugsy. Tobey should be given to you! You're all in my prayers.

Logan... that is my biggest fear about Kia. That someone is going to point to her and say "that's my dog". Hopefully my adoption papers are enough to prevent such a thing.

sasvermont
03-06-2002, 09:49 AM
Sorry to hear about the current outcome.

After hearing the story, I did a search on Pet Talk, and saw where you had introduced Tobey as a dog you had found as a stray. I hesitated yesterday, to bring it up, but figured the person holding the dog was the original owner - and I was right, yes? If they are cruel to the dog, report them to the humane society and have the dog taken away from them.

There are so many dogs that need good homes that it seems silly to me to fight over a dog UNLESS they are mistreating it. If they are, then I would go after them with full tilt.

There was a situation with a cat in my neighborhood that seemed to be the same - a seemingly stray, unspayed, skinny, lonely and aways on our porch. A neighbor took the cat in, took it to the vet - saved its life as it had an infection and was about to die - THEN the owners of the cat showed up. Liz, the new owner just said NO to the original owners and they went away. They have lots of other pets etc. The really stupid part to this story is that Liz had an alergy to cats and was unable to keep it for long and we ended up finding a better home for it.

I feel sorry for you. Who knows, you may end up with Tobey some day! I would not try to lure the dog back because it sounds as though the original owner would come for the dog - and it would start all over again.

Keep us posted, please. I am sure your heart is broken.

Stenograsaurus
03-06-2002, 10:04 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Tobey. I don't know of any words that I can say to comfort you right now but I want you to know that I'm thinking of you guys today.

mruffruff
03-06-2002, 10:24 AM
I'm so sorry you can't get Tobey right away. I don't know if I'm more depressed or angry!

Since you have all the vet records with dates and the ads, I can't imagine that the law wouldn't be on your side. If you advertised in the paper, that should have a date on it too. This should be enough to prove ownership. I don't think I'd be able to let this go. There must be a lawyer that can tell you what to do. Some even have 'first consultation is free' offers.

Please don't give up hope.

Mary

aly
03-06-2002, 10:42 AM
I think she's fighting for the dog because she loves and misses him. Its not fair when she followed the law and some weasel just took him back after that long then lied about it. And when she gets Tobey back, its not going to prevent her from rescuing other dogs. She couldn't say no to any canine in need :D :D

Dixieland Dancer
03-06-2002, 10:53 AM
I agree with Logan about the microchipping. It is the best way to prove the dogs ownership.

A thought.... can you get copies of the newspaper ads you ran trying to find the rightful owner and then the vet bills (hopefully some 30 days apart) to take to a lawyer. Some lawyers work on a free basis and get paid after they win the case. They will be able to tell you for sure if you have a paw to stand on in getting Tobey back.

mugsy
03-06-2002, 11:56 AM
You know 20/20 hindsight is a beautiful thing. We had planned to get Tobey chipped and like everything else we put it off and didn't do it and if we had there wouldn't have been a question as to whom the dog belonged. We are planning on fighting it in small claims court, but it makes me angry that we were told that he was ours and that when we found him we could have him back with all the records we have and now they're saying no we can't. We are going to contact the contractor whose men saw Tobey and the guy chasing him and get notarized statements from them testifying to what they saw. The girl at animal control told us also to force him to show vet records for him being neutered (which he won't be able to do) and nail him that way.

LoudLou
03-06-2002, 01:35 PM
:( :( :mad: I am so mad AND sad at hearing this! Sometimes makes you wonder what we pay the police for in the first place! I hold you in my thoughts and prayers, Mugsy and hope that y'all win in court.

Re: Micro Chipping- I don't know about there in TX, but here in WA. the Safeway Store and sometimes Petsmart hold special clinics and "Chip" your pets for about $15 a pet.

mugsy
03-06-2002, 01:55 PM
Our SPCA just started microchipping, and yes, they will chip them for $15 a dog and they make $5 a dog for the shelter which is good too since we would be helping them out at the same time we get helped out!! I think we're taking Billy and Jessie this week to get them done. I will let all of you know what's happening. Thanks again for caring...it makes it a little easier to deal with. Thanks!!!

Logan
03-06-2002, 02:50 PM
Good for you (and Mike), Molly. I don't suppose you would allow us to help you with the cost of chipping all those babies???? Would you?? I think it would be money well spent.....but to do 15, even at that cost, could add up. I'd be glad to contribute on behalf of a few of your dogs, directly to the vet if you would allow me to. I consider you a "shelter" in many ways, even if you don't have the tax deductible status.

Think about it and PM me if you're agreeable. I would love to help.

Logan

Former User
03-06-2002, 03:08 PM
Wow Logan, as if I didn't know it already, you sure have a big warm heart! And you, Molly too. What a wonderful, warm and caring people you are, wish everyone would be like that!
Not much I can do from Belgium, except wish that Tobey will be back safely!

((((((((Logan & Molly))))))))))

jackiesdaisy1935
03-06-2002, 03:54 PM
Mugsy, I know how hurt you are, after you and Mike gave so much love to Toby to find this person claiming him. Where was he when you were looking around the neighborhood, putting an ad in the paper, etc. etc. Sometimes it seems there is no justice in this world, that the good never prevails. However in this case I am hoping and we will all keep our fingers and paws crossed that you get him back as he belongs with you.
Jackie

tatsxxx11
03-06-2002, 04:58 PM
Oh Mugsy, what devestating news! :( But Mugsy, I'm not going to give up hope that Tobey will be back with you soon. He is yours in every sense of the word. If possible, I would fight this in court with all my might. Aly and Zippy had some very pertinent legal points. And armed with all of your records, witness affidavits, etc., there is no question to whom the dog belongs. And microchipping is definitely a thing to consider for all our babies. Here, the MSPCA and Boston Animal Rescue League hold a FREE microchipping weekend every for all licensed dogs and cats. You and Mike and all the babies are in my thoughts and prayers. And especially precious Tobey. Please don't give up hope!! If you need, I have a link to a law firm that specializes in animal law and such cases. {{{Hugs}}} Sandra, Cody and Star

*LabLoverKEB*
03-06-2002, 10:24 PM
YAY!!! I'M SOOO GLAD, THAT YOUR SWEET TOBEY IS HOME!!!

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

*LabLoverKEB*
03-06-2002, 10:28 PM
Oh, I just read about what had happened!:( Mugsy, I am sooo sorry!:( :( I hope that you can get your sweet Tobey back, very soon! I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

slleipnir
03-07-2002, 02:20 PM
Mugsy:
sry, I guess I wasn't around much when you told stuff about Tobey..do you mind me asking stuff about him? I saw some pics in you album and hes precious..GL with everything!!
Is tobey yours? or was he like the HA's or something?? Or fostering?? How did he get out and such? (sry for the ?'s..I guess I didnt see anything about him b4 :[)

Logan
03-07-2002, 03:14 PM
In October, Mike was coming home from looking for a job and saw this dog running loose on the adjacent street from ours, and stopped and picked him up so he didn't get hit or worse. We put ads in the paper, ads at both shelters, put up flyers, and drove him around the neighborhood looking for the owner, all to no avail, so after 30 days (which in Fort Wayne means the dog is yours), we took him to the vet and had him neutered and got his shots etc. So, Logan, I hope that answers your question. If you have any more, just let me know and I will be happy to answer them. I really appreciate all of your kind words...it really means a lot to both Mike and me. We will keep trying to get him back and will keep you up to date as much as possible. Also, a Smokey update, we are going to try and find him a home where he is the only dog since he is iffy about how he will be out of a crate and off leash with the other dogs.

I asked the same question, Audrey

slleipnir
03-07-2002, 04:01 PM
Thank you Logan! I actually read that, but wasn't sure if that was Tobey she was talking about..oops :x (sry hehe..i'm a little..hrm..slow :o ) lol

mugsy
03-08-2002, 07:13 AM
Just a quick little update on the Tobey situation. The woman that called me about Smokey called Mike yesterday and said that she had seen Tobey out running again, but she was afraid to get close because she didn't know his temperment. Both Mike and I assured her that he is nothing less than sweet, so she agreed that if she sees him out again that she will try to load him in her van and bring him to us and we will immediately take him and have him chipped, so there won't be a question as to who his owner is (I know, it's evil, but the guy made me mad). Mike and I are both driving that direction everytime we leave so hopefully we will catch him out and about again and we have be advised by the girl at Animal Control to watch for him and if we see him running to get him again and then he will be ours.

sasvermont
03-08-2002, 07:18 AM
Mugsy, sounds as though your plan might work. Good idea about the chip. You need to find some way to stop the dog from getting out, yes? How did the guy get the dog after you had him? I bet the dog would just love to return to you and your home. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

I am sure this is really tough on you.

jackiesdaisy1935
03-08-2002, 09:36 AM
Good for you Mugsy, I hope he does get out so that you can pick him up. That guy can't think too much of him to let him get out like that. That is a terrible situation for you to be in but keep the faith you will prevail.
Jackie

jennifert
03-08-2002, 09:52 AM
I'm a little confused Mugsy. Don't you have to have dogs licensed in your state? Here in New York, all dogs must be licensed in the county and /or city where you live. These licenses are like proof of ownership. If ownership is "transferred" form one person to another, there are forms that need to be filled out and turned into the county clerk along with a fee. If a dog is found as a stray and there are no county records for that particular dog, assuming no tags, microchips, dogs reported missing that match description, etc. the dog becomes the "property" of the county animal shelter for 30 days, gets shots and if necessary, gets neutered or spayed. If this man claims to be the "real" owner of Tobey, then he must have his early shot records or his license. Right? If not then he is in violation of the law and will get a citation. In our county, the parks officer issue a ticket on the spot for an unlicensed dog and the fine is $500!! How does it work where you live? Perhaps this could be incentive for you and Mike to petition the county for some new rules and regulations... The licensing fee is $4.50 for a fixed animal and $10. for an unfixed animal. Not a huge amount of money, but alot of piece of mind... I hope you get Tobey back and everything works out. And I hope my sharing my county's way has been useful to you. Good Luck!!

Gio
03-08-2002, 10:11 AM
This is one of the rare occasions where I would like to see the dog running loose. Keep up your hope, he will be home soon.

kobieeli
03-08-2002, 11:31 AM
Gio's right--what a bizarre situation to be HOPING that Tobey's running loose! Sounds like the proof-of-ownership issues sure are wacky and inconsistent. Hang in there and trust that Tobey will be reunited with you soon! :D

mugsy
03-08-2002, 12:09 PM
Well, Mike saw Tobey today and Mike said he recognized him, but wouldn't come to him, so Mike is of the opinion that Tobey doesn't want to come back to us. I don't think I agree with that, but we will see...I still haven't given up hope. I will keep you posted. And, yes, we do have pet licenses that we have to purchase, but we hadn't gotten his yet, so we didn't have that proof, unfortunately. Our pet licenses cost $4 for fixed pets and $28 for in tact animals.

jennifert
03-08-2002, 01:22 PM
But Mugsy, did this man have Tobey licensed? If not, he has no proof of ownership. AND...he's currently breaking the law!! Call animal control and send them over!! I don't know what the fine is where you are but $500 is a hefty sum!

mugsy
03-08-2002, 01:35 PM
WOW!!! $500...ours is something like $50!!!

sabies
03-09-2002, 09:50 PM
Poor Tobey! I missed somewhere the story on how this guy got Tobey back - someone saw him chasing Tobey? Where was Tobey that this guy got a hold of him? If this is Tobey's original owner, it doesn't seem like he did much to find Tobey so why does he suddenly want him now?!

mugsy
03-10-2002, 03:47 PM
I don't know why the guy wanted him back since he didn't bother to look for him when he disappeared the first time. We decided to go the legal route and take the guy to small claims court and see what happens.

aly
03-11-2002, 01:31 PM
I'm sure Tobey wants to come back to you guys. Maybe he was just having a good time out in the open sniffing things. I will be praying for you and Mike and hoping all goes well in court.

Keep your head up, things will get better.

mugsy
03-11-2002, 08:38 PM
I was heartbroken last Saturday, I took my friend Paula down by the house to show her where he lives now and he was out running AGAIN and he followed the van just far enough, but then not far enough for us to pick him up and not get caught. I just want him back home where he belongs and I'm beginning to lose hope that that will ever happen. My neighbor that lives that way said she sees him out everyday running loose and today he was in the yard where Smokey came from aka the dog fighting house and she tried to get him but he ran away from her. I plan on getting the paper work downtown on Wednesday since I have to be out of town tomorrow for my uncle's funeral.

aly
03-11-2002, 08:46 PM
Things will get better! He even followed the van!!!!! Maybe next time you drive by, you can have some tasty treats with you to throw out the window and lure him down the sidewalk :D

I have great hope that he will be back in your arms soon one way or another.

mugsy
03-12-2002, 09:11 PM
Our neighbor called me last night and told me that she and her husband tried to get Tobey into their car and the little guy didn't want anything to do with it. So, we do have allies on that end of the addition that are willing to help us get him back...I will keep you updated.

Former User
03-13-2002, 02:18 AM
Mugsy, paws and fingers crossed here for Tobey's return. It will happen, don't worry! Just stay strong ok?

(((((Molly))))))

Crikit
03-13-2002, 12:44 PM
Don't give up Mugsy, you'll get Tobey back.