PDA

View Full Version : Why do people do this?

catnapper
08-22-2005, 05:19 PM
UGH! This morning there was an e-mail for work where a client wanted something done in two weeks -- something that typically takes 4 or more weeks. I replied within ten minutes of her request and told her what accomodations were needed in order for the order to be filled in under two weeks. She responded within five minutes of that e-mail asking me to call her office .... and she asked me what my number was... DUH, my number was in my e-mail! Did she READ my email? I called her immediately and went right into voicemail.

Okaaaayyyy. I left a polite message and waited. An hour or two passed and I had to leave the office. I sent an e-mail again telling her that I was leaving the office but could be reached via cellphone. Left both my home and cell numbers AGAIN. I called and left another voicemail much later in the afternoon plus another email.

Now its after 6:00 and STILL no call from her to discuss this time sensitive project. One whole day down where I could have been out shopping to fill the order.

WHY do people hide behind voicemail and e-mail and wait til the last minute to give any answers... and then make YOU run around like an idiot at the very last minute when they sat on it for who-knows-how-long? VERY frustrating! All I needed was two minutes of time and some direction... and I'd be able ot do my job. But noooooo. I got voicemail for 8 hours today! FRUSTRATING!

DJFyrewolf36
08-22-2005, 05:22 PM
I feel for you!!! I work in a Permitting office and people are sooooo bad about getting us information but they still call every five minutes asking if thier permit is done. :rolleyes: Then they get all POed at us when we tell them we're waiting on information from THEM!

king2005
08-22-2005, 05:33 PM
I know how u feel.
Except they don't hide behing voicemail or emails, they just avoid me all together & then r happy to YELL at me for not getting things done on time or done at all.... sigh... I can do my job only when I'm taught & am given atleast some time & tools to do it.

sandragonfly
08-22-2005, 08:17 PM
catnapper, sometimes people don't go below your signature if that was where. I did that twice... :o but that does teach me a lesson to read throughoutly to a reply button. :D

go and find someone YOU trust, don't let them make you run around! otherwise, do everything by yourself, you'll be proud ever! ;)

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2005, 03:02 AM
It is truly infuriating when people do that to you, isn’t it? I take it you are keen to do the job if possible, and you are not in a position just to say “sorry it can’t be done in the time”.

JenBKR
08-23-2005, 09:13 AM
I have had similiar problems at work...people want things done right away, then you have to contact them about it and they never call back...until it's time for them to get their report, only I haven't heard back so it's not done, and they flip. I don't get it either. I can't read minds!

Cataholic
08-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Just a thought....I often return all calls at one time during the day. So, I call Mr. X, and leave a message if he isn't in, and go on to Mr. Y, Mr. Z, etc. So, often when people call back, I am already on the phone. Nothing personal, just the way it works sometimes.

Why not leave a message that says, "I just got your email, sorry to miss talking to you....sounds like this is a 'rush' job, and I want to accomodate the schedule. BUT, I need to get moving on this NOW! So, every moment matters....call me as soon as you can, so I can try to fit you in."

Sometimes, people falsely put in a sense of urgency when one doesn't exist. Maybe she was just panicking for nothing?

lvpets2002
08-23-2005, 10:33 AM
:rolleyes: Oh yes I work in the world of Aviation with Doct. & Lawyers play toys (aircrafts) & trust me this is 24/7 issue.. So I very much understand & after 17 yrs you finaly just get used to it..

catnapper
08-23-2005, 11:04 AM
ACCCCKKK! I finally got a message back form her (after sending a polite email VERY much like Johanna's) and now she "just wants to know how much it would cost" and there's no longer a time sensitive nature. :rolleyes:

NOW I remember why I was happy when they no longer called me for work! Yes, I miss their money (and boy did I make good money with them) but I do not miss the stress and heartache tied to the account.

moosmom
08-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Kim,

OBVIOUSLY it can't be THAT important to her or she would've called you immediately. Sounds like SHE waited till the last minute, got reprimanded from her boss and is now scrambling to cover her own a$$.