PDA

View Full Version : Another poop question :o

G.P.girl
08-22-2005, 03:31 PM
I've been wondering this for a while, or since we got Batman anyway: If we're out walking and he stops to go #2 but it's under a bush or way in a woodsy place where no one is ever going to walk or look, do i still have to pick it up? Cause it's not easy or fun to go looking under bushes for it (which is his favorite place to go :o

beeniesmom
08-22-2005, 03:36 PM
I guess if it's a woodsy area where noone goes, it's ok.
The rain will wash it away....
It is a common courtesy to pick it up... the law actually in some places. I have to admit that I don't always pick it up. :(

lv4dogs
08-22-2005, 03:36 PM
If it is truly in a place that is hard to get to & well hidden then no I don't pick it up either.
I don't know if people will think I'm bad for doing it but hey I'm not getting all scratched up for a few pieces of poop. My dogs eat great food & their poop isn't very big anyways. My 2 older dogs are big (a rott & a shep mix) and their poop is smaller than my neighbors mini pins poop.

Kfamr
08-22-2005, 03:39 PM
If I have something to pick it up with, I ALWAYS pick it up.
Dog poop is actually harmful to the environment.

sandragonfly
08-23-2005, 03:00 AM
if your batman fits under those bushes...then it's always best to pick them up. :)

their smelly "logs" could also harm the children. I always pick my golden's logs up but in the morning if they're hard to see at the night or too squishy to be picked up...I wait until they dry up. not for more than 24 hours.

I suggest you to pick them up, always. :)

Vette
08-23-2005, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Dog poop is actually harmful to the environment. [/B]

It is? :eek:

buttercup132
08-23-2005, 07:21 AM
i usually do but sometimes i can never find it i have to run over to my dog while hes pooing so i can pick it up, i never used to pick it up though and sometimes i leave it but sometimes its diarehha(sp) and i know i cant pick it up

ramanth
08-23-2005, 08:28 AM
If Kia goes in someones yard or on a walking path, then I pick it up.

But more often than not, she'll dissapear into the woods to do her buisness and then I don't pick it up. I figure there is no point in me getting poison ivy trying to find it.

Same at the dog park. If she goes out in the open and I see her, I always clean it up. But if she ends up in the woods, then I don't go looking for it. If I don't ever see her poop but have a feeling she has, I'll pick up some other dogs poop just to 'police' the area.

wolfsoul
08-23-2005, 09:37 AM
I don't pick it up when I'm out in the bush unless it's on a trail or something. When I go to my grandpa's campsite, the rule is, pick it up with a shovel and fling it into the bush where no one will find it.

One time, Timber decided to take a poop when we were crossing an intersection -- couldn't pick that one up! :eek:

Jadapit
08-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Vette
It is? :eek:

Yes, it is check this out. Its very intresting.
http://www.poopmasters.com/health.htm

lute
08-23-2005, 02:18 PM
if it's not in someone's well manicured yard i think it's ok to leave it....it's fertilizer!:p

G.P.girl
08-23-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
If I don't ever see her poop but have a feeling she has, I'll pick up some other dogs poop just to 'police' the area.

Lol! Dog poop Karma! ;)