PDA

View Full Version : Music?

beeniesmom
08-22-2005, 03:14 PM
What kind of music do you PTers listen to?

I prefer Metal and Rock..... :D :cool:

furrykidsmother
08-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Hard to vote. I like oldies, country, country oldies ad some rock.

joanofark
08-22-2005, 03:26 PM
I like Rock/Pop :) I also like country.

neko1
08-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Metal/Rock that sorta thing

G.P.girl
08-22-2005, 03:34 PM
hmmm... should have made it multiple choice, i like most kinds of music, rock, hip-hop, RnB, country etc

Suki Wingy
08-22-2005, 03:46 PM
I really find anything other than country or stuff like monks chanting to a dance beat or Cat Steevens Hard to listen to.

davidpizzica
08-22-2005, 03:47 PM
I enjoy the oldies most of all! (since I can remember when the oldies were new!) I always have the local oldies station tuned in at home and work, have oldies CDs at home and tapes. I love 'em!

Karen
08-22-2005, 03:48 PM
All music! Certain genres - techno and some rap - I can take in limited quantities, but other than that, I am musically omnivorous - add classical, a capella, solo piano - all of it!

DJFyrewolf36
08-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Electronic Dance Music and New Age are my favorites...I also like a lot of rock and a lot of smooth Jazz

Kfamr
08-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Emo, Indie, Hip-Hop, R&B, Hardcore, Screamo, Pop Punk, Thrash, Ska, Reggae, Powerpop, etc..etc..etc..

I really don't like much mainstream music anymore, with a few exceptions.

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Well, practically everything...I try to stick to decent stuff though!;)

carole
08-22-2005, 04:25 PM
I could not vote for just one as I have bit of a variety in musical taste, I enjoy R & B, some hip-hop and rap although not alot, Rock,I am not a big country and western fan or oldies music or opera.

Glacier
08-22-2005, 11:05 PM
I listen mostly to alt-country & folk. Steve Earle is my favorite and a bit of an obsession. I also listen to lots of Allison Moorer(who married Steve Earle last week), Fred Eaglesmith, Emmy-Lou Harris, Buddy & Julie Miller. If Julie Miller can't make you cry, you have a heart of stone. She has the most powerful voice I've ever heard.

I also like older country--Merle Haggard, Kenny Rogers, Don Williams. And some Jazz--Diana Krall and Brickhouse.

Twisterdog
08-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
I also like older country--Merle Haggard, Kenny Rogers, Don Williams.

I LOVE Don Williams! I didn't know anyone else even knew who he is!

:D

The Cat Factory
08-22-2005, 11:43 PM
The only kind of music I really listen to is Classic Rock. Some of my favorites are Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young, The Who, The Bealtes, Rush, The Tragically Hip, Queen, The Rolling Stones.....

Glacier
08-22-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
I LOVE Don Williams! I didn't know anyone else even knew who he is!

:D

Some of my fondest childhood memories are of going to work with my dad--he worked in the oilfield. We would drive around and check wells. The entire time Don Williams would be playing and we'd be singing "Lord I hope this day is good." It's still my Dad's favorite song and occasionally we still do a duet, although it usually involves beer now!;)

I had an Uncle(RIP) who bore a striking resemblence to Don Williams, even played the guitar! When I was little, I was sure my Uncle Dennis really was Don Williams. Course, he did nothing to discourage that belief!

BitsyNaceyDog
08-23-2005, 07:37 AM
indie

cloverfdx
08-23-2005, 07:44 AM
I could not vote ;). I love a bit of everythong, R&B, Rap, Rock, some Country, everything pretty much except for POP :eek:.

prechrswife
08-23-2005, 08:17 AM
I voted "religious," but that's really a very broad category. My favorites are contemporary Christian (Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith, etc.) and Praise & Worship. I also like country music and some light rock/pop, especially from the 80's. (For those who were talking about it earlier, I also know who Don Williams is. :) )