PDA

View Full Version : This is just horrible

janelle
08-22-2005, 02:48 PM
http://www.hartzvictims.org/index.php

Does anyone know why the company hasn't been sued?

moosmom
08-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Oh, I can bet my life on the fact there will be a class-action lawsuit by all people who lost their pets because of this. Hartz's stock will plummet big time.

catnapper
08-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Hatz is not allowed to be producing any more. The law has finally stopped them. It will take some time before the product is completely off the market, but it will happen very soon.

catmandu
08-22-2005, 03:41 PM
THAT IS SIMPLY AWFUL,THAT HARTZ,ONE OF THE OLDEST NAMES,IN PET PRODUCTS,AND BEFORE THIS,ONE OF THE MOST TRUSTED,HAS ALLOWED DEATH,AND SERIOUS INJURY,TO HAPPEN,TO SO MANY PETS!
I HOPE,THAT THE SUITS,COST THEM,A FORTUNE.
BUT EVEN THAT,CANNOT REPLACE,THE PETS,WHOSE LIVES,HAVE BEEN LOST!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture626.jpg

Corinna
08-22-2005, 03:51 PM
About time that was the brand that we used on our Winky that caused a $400.oo bill and a weekend stay at the vets. We had used them for years then 3 years ago they changed it and Winky almost died. The vet was sure if he lived he'd have brain and nerological damage. Luckly neither happened. Glad its off the market

krazyaboutkatz
08-22-2005, 04:16 PM
I'll be so glad when they finally take this off the market. I still see the hartz flea drops being sold in grocery stores and pet stores. I only used it one time and luckily my cats didn't have a bad reaction to it. I then learned how bad it was and I threw out the rest of the flea drops. I've tried to spread the word to others and it's horirible to know that so many animals have died or suffered because of this terrible product.:( I've also heard that Bio-Spot can cause harm in animals too. Now I only stick with products that vets sell like advantage.

Lobodeb
08-22-2005, 04:16 PM
:eek: :eek:
This is terrible! As Catmandu said, such a trusted name. I'm horrorfied to see that this is happening to so many animals.

Also, thanks for passing this on. I had no idea! Knowing this, I can educate my family and friend and even more importantly, BOYCOTT!

janelle
08-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Reading the horror stories just makes me cry. How did Hartz not know this would happen? Don't they test their products on animals before the put them on the market? The should have know it made animals sick.

lvpets2002
08-23-2005, 04:44 PM
:mad: :mad: Oh I would be just beside myself & you bet would have Hartz in a court law action.. That is just so horrible..