PDA

View Full Version : The Skeleton Key

DogLover9501
08-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Has anyone seen it?

We're thinking of going to see it tonight. It looks *okay*, but I'm still not sure about it.

beeniesmom
08-22-2005, 02:51 PM
I haven't seen it and I'm probably not going to because my hubby is a chicken and doesn't care for scary flicks.... me on the other hand, I love them but won't go by myself.

janelle
08-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Someone on another board said it was awful but I'm not into scarey movies so I would't know.

sirrahbed
08-22-2005, 04:31 PM
I want to see it also but would love to hear from someone here who has seen it also. Thanks for posting Robyn! Let us know if you go OK? Too bad you don't live closer - we could go together!:p

carole
08-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Two or three people have posted regarding The Skeleton key on another post by finns Mom about movies you watched today, so far it has had nothing but good reviews from those who have seen it, my daughter is going to see it next week her first R13 movie and she is legal, and she is NOT easily scared, so will let you know what she thinks too.

dukedogsmom
08-22-2005, 05:17 PM
It's a great movie! I would even go so far as to see it again. It's not terribly scary so I think your husband would be alright. It's just the way the music and sound effects are that make you jump sometimes. That last part was for beeniesmom.

zippy-kat
08-22-2005, 06:05 PM
I loved it!

It's not scary in the typical things-jumping-out-of-the-closet type of scary movie; this is more... more... hmm... more of a delve into history, rituals, and magic (hoodoo). Definitely a few plot twists - very interesting!

DogLover9501
08-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Well, just got back from seeing it!

I didn't *love* it, and I wouldn't see it again. But it was interesting, and scary in a different sort-of way. It was okay.

Originally posted by sirrahbed
Too bad you don't live closer - we could go together!:p

Debbie, that would have made it a lot more fun ;) :D

catnapper
08-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Looks interesting to me. I think it looks like a movie that actually relies on plots and good old fashioned mystery instead of special effects to tell a scary story.

Still, I'll wait til its on tv. I never go to the theaters. I don't have the money for tickets these days. :(