PDA

View Full Version : Please stop.

Kfamr
08-22-2005, 02:01 PM
I was told I should probably post this because it has made me upset for quite some time.
There have been some of you hassleing me of "ignoring" you or not replying to your PM's, posts, threads, etc.

This is NOT the case. I would absolutely LOVE to have the time to be on PT all day, reply to every single thread I read, reply to every single PM in specific detail - BUT LIFE JUST DOES NOT GIVE ME THE TIME.
I work. I care for 3 dogs. I sleep. I DO take time to have fun and relaxation in my life.

I'm sick as all crap of being hassled for not replying to this or that, and then reading little tidbits here and there about how rude I am and recieving even more PM's about it. It's finally bottled up inside so much now that it's just tearing me apart.

I don't understand why people seem to expect so much out of me. No one else gets hassled for not replying, why should I? I'm no different.

Just as a little walk in my shoes. I've gotten 10 PM's so far today.
I have 40 or so unreplied to PM's from this month and part of last (not including those i've already had a chance to reply to.)

I don't believe coming on here is supposed to be work and it certainly has felt like it as of recently. It's just not fun anymore when you're getting hassled about this and that.

So please, If I don't reply to your PM the very second I read it, If I don't reply to your every question, thread, reply, etc... I'm not ignoring you. I'm not diliberately not responding. I don't necessarily dislike you.

I just cannot cram everything in my life into the few hours I am home and on the computer. Like I said, I wish I could, I really wish I could.. but I can't. I'm only one person.

No one really needs to reply to this, or give me any response, just if you're one of those people, try to understand. Understanding is all I ask.

And, edited to add.. I really do enjoy recieving PM's. I love the fact that there's quite a few people who contact me and appreciate them, But as I've said a million times.. Time does not permit.

caseysmom
08-22-2005, 02:04 PM
{{{hugs}}} sorry your going through this. I have always found you to be very nice.

Samantha Puppy
08-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Wow. I find it pretty amusing (in a sarcastic sense of the word) that people get bent out of shape over these sorts of things - and I'm talking the people harrassing you, Kay - not you. Me thinks it's time for those who get upset over such silly things to find a new hobby! There is more to life than the internet and yes, there is more to life than <gasp> Pet Talk!!

Don't feel bad for not responding to people, Kay. If they don't understand that your real world life and responsibilities take precedence over silly little PMs on a pet forum, you don't need them in your life - real or cyber.

beeniesmom
08-22-2005, 02:22 PM
;)

slleipnir
08-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Sorry people have been asking too much of you, Kay. I never get PM's so I can't say I have walking in your shoes or anything..but hopefully it can be more managable

jesse_3
08-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Kay, I really think that it is great of you to post this, and I think that it is cruel that people are expecting you to reply right away!(((((HUGS)))))

If you are one of those people reading this and are mad because Kay is "ignoring" you, I would suggest you apologize, and mean it. Kay has a lot more than PT. She does have a family and pets, she has a job, can't she just relax sometime and take a while to answer?

Steph and Jes

JenBKR
08-22-2005, 03:06 PM
I completely understand being that busy! I think we've all been there. It's good of you to let everyone know how busy you are, hopefully they will be more understanding now ;)

ramanth
08-22-2005, 03:11 PM
:) Good girl. ;)

Now just breathe.

beeniesmom
08-22-2005, 03:38 PM
bump

RobiLee
08-22-2005, 05:02 PM
You go, Girl!

Kay, I know you have been getting hassled about this for quite awhile now and I'm glad you let it all out. Hopefully people will understand.

Now, as Kimmy said..."Just Breathe" ;) . I love that word "breathe". Too me it is so calming!

Luv ya, Girlfriend!!

slick
08-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Why don't you just disable your PM's???? One less thing to worry about. If your friends need you, they can email you.

Would this be an option you would consider?

sandragonfly
08-22-2005, 08:04 PM
okay, kay, I believe my post about replying in my pet peeves thread last night have had pushed you over the edge, sorry about that. because I was waiting for at least for five people's responses, I was not only referring to you, kay.

and yes, it is very frustrating for some yet, sorry about whose are doing that to you but I think you need to understand some of us too. I've sent you a few friendly PMs, (asking for a new siggies, how can we set up a new thread together), only a few, 6 or less I believe, since I got back almost a half year ago - you never respond at least one of them ever since. then you sent a PM right after I posted up that pet peeve, I was opening the link but you cancelled it. honestly, I was surprised but I don't understand why you're doing this.

well I mean, how could you expect us to think nothing is going on when someone never speaks? if I've ever got your PM once, I wouldn't complain. we all are one, we all care about each other - correspondence & things were fine until when someone doesn't get a word in return, we just don't understand why. and are allowed to guess. really, communication is a basic requirement in any friendships. (a health book in my class said so, lol).

kay, if you didn't liked what I said, you could have talked it out with me. I'd be pleased to too. I'd hate to see a conflict between two pet talkers. :( especially those owners who both has a similar dog that goes crazy over tennis balls! ;)

slick, disabled? that wouldn't really work, you disabled my appreciation once. kay hosts a lot of threads here too.

..gina

Kfamr
08-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Gina, this has nothing to do with you. If you have something negative to say about me or to me, don't bother. I don't need it. Take the time to actually try and see where i'm coming from.

Slick, as soon as i'm capable of replying to every PM i've got in my inbox, i'm going to disable them. My FRIENDS know where to contact me, my friends will be able to contact me.

I'm sick of being B****ed at for nothing from people that don't even know me personally. I'm sick of the little highschool internet drama.

Really, no one needs to reply anymore. I thought maybe the people who are doing this to me would understand, but so far all i've got was lashings from them.