PDA

View Full Version : Yeeaaa

shais_mom
08-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Keegan's still limping - the dr. told me to keep her low profile for another 2 weeks and then see him again. He thinks she did do a small tear in her leg and sees some muscle atrophy when she walks.
The good news it she didn't gain any weight while being on this low activity spell so she is at a steady 85 pounds.
And her thyroid levels are in normal limits.
Normal is b/n 1-4 and she is perfect at 2.2!! :)
I knew she was perfect but.....
he he he
ok so she isn't perfect completely but she is close to it in her momma's eyes.

On a sad note:
There was a young girl there I think to put her beautiful brindle boxer asleep. He has cancer and is covered in tumors. She has given him chemo over the last 4 months and the tumors go away for about 4 weeks then come back. She was sitting in the waiting room crying he was laying on a blanket looking miserable. He never even raised his head when we came out of the room - he wasn't even leashed. All the vet techs were standing at the window looking so sad just watching him...
poor guy I wanted to cry listening to the story thru the door.. :(

RobiLee
08-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Yay!! Keegan! Thats great about her wieght and the tyroid. I hope the extra two weeks helps out with her leg. Did the doctor say what would be next if she is still limping when the two weeks is up?

Give Keegan a hug from me!

lute
08-22-2005, 01:42 PM
that's wonderful!:)

NoahsMommy
08-22-2005, 11:50 PM
Oh Keeg, I knew you were perfect too!!! :)

Keep up the good work with your diet, sweet girl. I'm hoping your leg pain goes away soon.

Hugs,
Auntie Kelly

xoxoxo

cyber-sibes
08-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Keep on healing, Keegan! :)

K9karen
08-23-2005, 01:14 AM
Good job, Keegan! I hope you'll be home free in another 2 weeks and back to chasing those tennis balls!
I know, I see such sad cases at the vet sometimes. When I get upset it transfers onto Logan and that's sad. I actually burst into tears a few times, feeling the owners pain. I started making my appts the last of the night if I can because of that.

Cinder & Smoke
08-23-2005, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom

Keegan's still limping :( ...

The Dr. told me to keep her low profile for another 2 weeks ...

:eek:

"Low Profile" at the Labor Day Gathurin :( is gonna be hard -
but Keegan can Hang Out with Bowser! ;)

Hang In there, Keegan!!

shais_mom
08-23-2005, 12:51 PM
I was thinking about making her next appt for that saturday - and go from there to see if he thinks she can go...
I know she loves it but her mobility and 'health' comes first.
Its easier to say that tho b/c she got banned from going to my parents house right after it happened b/c of her limp.
She wasn't very happy about that either! :(

ramanth
08-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Keep on healing Keegan!

I know how you feel Staci, about the Boxer. When I was at the vets waiting for my dad to arrive with Kia, a woman came in with a cat in a basket. The poor thing looked worn and tired. She left with the kitty in tears.

PJ's Mom
08-23-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry beautiful Keegan is still limping and I hope some R & R will help her get better soon. :)

I always feel horrible when I happen to be in the vets office when someone has to have a pet PTS. I usually cry too. :(