PDA

View Full Version : I was in a car accident

BitsyNaceyDog
08-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Justin and I were headed home from a friends house tonight when we were in a car accident. We're both okay, as is the lady who hit us.

We were sitting at a red light waiting to turn left and there was a car across the road also waiting for the light to change. When the light turned green Justin waited because he needed to turn and the other car was going straight. The car wasn't driving straight though, it was curving right towards us. Justin yelled "she's going to hit us" and he turned the truck to the right (away from the car) and hit the gas, but she still hit us.

To make a long story short- the woman who hit us was really drunk. When she got out of her car she couldn't even stand up. The officer asked for her license, registration, and insurance card and she was clueless. Her son came and helped out with her. She didn't even know where she was or what she was doing. The officer said she was going to jail.

Justin and I are both a little sore, but we're both fine. The truck on the other hand we're not sure about, it had to be towed away.

slleipnir
08-22-2005, 12:08 AM
Scary!! I'm glad everyone is ok though. It's sad that people drink and drive :(

finn's mom
08-22-2005, 12:27 AM
Oh, my gosh, I'm so sorry that you two had to go through that! I'm so glad you are both safe, that is so scary.

NoahsMommy
08-22-2005, 01:06 AM
Oh no, Kari!!

I'm so glad everyone was OK...that could have been really bad has Justin not been watching what she was doing.

She's VERY lucky she didn't kill anyone...I hope she learns her lesson in her jail cell!!

(((hugs)))

CagneyDog
08-22-2005, 01:30 AM
OMG! I'm glad you and Justin are alright!

How could people drink and drive :(

MariaM
08-22-2005, 01:41 AM
Wow, it's a good thing Justin saw that car coming. You are so lucky to be not hurt, that must have been so scary! I'm glad everyone is alright.

Kfamr
08-22-2005, 03:37 AM
That's so scary, Kari. :(

I'm glad the both of you are okay. Did you get checked over by the ambulance? Sometimes those little pains are the worst ones to have after an accident because you don't find the underlying causes until later.

Hopefully that lady gets what's coming to her.... and your poor truck gets "fixed", one way or another.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-22-2005, 04:49 AM
How awful for you - so glad you both walked away relatively unscathed :D

sandragonfly
08-22-2005, 04:54 AM
thank goodness....sigh!

glad you're (& justin) allright! what's with these people these days.. :(

:D (((KARI))) :D

RobiLee
08-22-2005, 06:24 AM
Thats terrible! I'm so glad that you and Justin are ok. I hope things work out with the truck. Hopefully the woman has insurance to cover everything.

dukedogsmom
08-22-2005, 07:45 AM
That is horrible! I'm glad you're both alright. Very sorry to hear about the truck. I'm wondering if you should get a lawyer because of that woman. I can't stand drunk drivers! She could have killed someone. Probably just get a slap on the wrist, too.

sirrahbed
08-22-2005, 09:05 AM
how scary!:eek: I am sure glad that you two are OK. Car accidents are so scary - you just never know what other people are doing - hope you are able to have the truck fixed or replaced.

beeniesmom
08-22-2005, 09:28 AM
glad you are ok. what a nightmare....

lv4dogs
08-22-2005, 09:33 AM
How scary.
I am so glad you are all ok! And her, well hope she gets what she deserves. Driving drunk is no laughing matter. She better learn her lesson too.

cloverfdx
08-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Oh Kari (& Justin) i am glad you are ok. Gosh some people make me so mad :mad:, hopefully she will be heavily charged.

krazyaboutkatz
08-22-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm glad to hear that you're both okay. Hopefully this woman will learn her lesson and never drive drunk again. I'm glad that she was arrested.

luvofallhorses
08-22-2005, 10:10 AM
How scary, Kari! :( I am glad everyone is alright! ((hugs))

slick
08-22-2005, 10:12 AM
Glad to hear that you are OK. I refuse to drink and drive and really worry about friends who go out and party. I hope justice serves.

ramanth
08-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Kari, I'm so glad you and Justin are okay. Cars can be fixed or replaced, you can't! I hope that woman spends quite a bit of time behind bars.

:mad:

gini
08-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Thank God you are alright. It must have badly frightened both of you.

I am sorry your truck was damaged, but the fact you are alright is all that matters.

Samantha Puppy
08-22-2005, 11:30 AM
There are few things I hate in this world more than drunk drivers. I won't even say what I think should happen to them. I'm glad you're okay and I hope that woman rots in jail for a loooooooooong time. Next time, she may kill someone.

lvpets2002
08-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Oh how so scary && so glad you both are ok .. :mad: Shame on the drunk & she deserves time in jail or somewhere to get that drunk off the streets..

Daisy and Delilah
08-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Thank God you're both okay. It must have been awful for you. Please don't get me started on drunk drivers!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Terry

BitsyNaceyDog
08-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Well Justin stayed home from work today to take care of the insurance things and all the annoyances that come along with car accidents. He couldn't get to work anyway because he now has no truck. The insurance is going to pay for a rental car though. I don't think the truck is in too bad of shape, but I'm not sure, it did have to be towed.

As far a the woman goes I'm sure she only spent the night in jail to sober up. I suspect she will be let go today. I do hope she gets her license suspended though.

She does have insurance- Justin talked to our insurance this morning and they said we have a $250 deductible that we have to pay but her insurance will reimburse us. Everything above the $250 our insurance will pay and then they too will be reimbursed by her insurance company.

sirrahbed
08-22-2005, 12:16 PM
I am glad that insurance will take care of things Kari. But, it is such a shame that what this woman did causes you all of this trouble:( We had our favorite car totaled in a three car accident that was caused by a man who was taking heavy tranquilizers. There was a little boy who was badly hurt, and I had a neck injury that still bothers me three years later. All I had was a slight headache right after the accident. Are you feeling OK today?? Do you think you and hubby need to have a medical checkup?? When we had our accident, the other insurance people came to my house the next day - wanting us to sign a paper that said we had no other injuries. I did it because I wanted to get rid of him and we have good medical coverage - but you never know what will show up later. I don't mean to try and rip off their insurance - just make sure you guys are ok??