PDA

View Full Version : Artists? I need help with anatomy..

slleipnir
08-21-2005, 09:28 PM
All you talented people...lol...I'm having anatomy issues. I don't know how to fix it at all either...If someone could even draw over mine to show me what I need to fix, I'd really appreciate it. I basically can tell you what;s wrong...but can't fix it (why I want a draw over to see how to do it)

I never draw anything but profile...so I suck at a more "front" view...Also trying a more TLK style

http://tainted-sky.net/draw/trade2.jpg

catnapper
08-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Hmmm... I am so not good at this type of art, and drawing with a curser is not my forte... but I think maybe is you do the attached changes -- bring brow bone out a bit more, pull closer to eye, and swoop cheek a little different. Then change the angels on the chests a bit -- more pronounced on him, maybe more parallel on her. Remember, this is not my strong point - I never see art like this outside of here.

slleipnir
08-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks! I made some changes :)

RobiLee
08-22-2005, 08:36 AM
I have no tips as I am not an artist, but WOW I think it is awesome. So super duper cute! I would love for you to do one of Katie and Tori.;)

dukedogsmom
08-22-2005, 08:46 AM
I can't help you other than by saying that the drawing is way too cute! I think I'm going to hire you for a personal artist. You rarely put something up here that I don't like. You need to start selling your things. Do you have flea markets there? You could even sell on Ebay. I know you could make some money selling these.

cloverfdx
08-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Very cute Audrey :D. I have no suggestions, just wanted to let you know that it is one nice drawing.

Anita Cholaine
08-22-2005, 08:57 AM
I think that it doesn't need any changes, it's sooo beautiful!! You're a really talented person....:)

slleipnir
08-22-2005, 10:18 PM
I finished the female..still gotta start the male..

(the sketchy lines around her will be gone later..it's just I need the sketch for the male)

kittycats_delight
08-22-2005, 10:22 PM
The female looks very feminine. I'm not talking about color either. :) But the shape is very lady like very female. I think it is adorable. :D

Karen
08-22-2005, 10:37 PM
I've made a few changes in pink - the brow line for the boy you might have already connected.

Technically, 3/4 view is the hardest to do - as do most people, you put a little too much on the "1/4" side, so the face looks distended somewhat. I remember this lecture clearly from sophmore year at Mass Art (Illustration major). Most people actually screw up the mouth in the 3/4 view with people, because we SOOOO want to draw a whole mouth, when a lot of it is indeed hidden.

Oh, and her necklace would fall a little further down, that's a minor point.

Does this help at all?

slleipnir
08-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Thanks Karen. I never really tried 3/4 without a reference, so I need work! Unfortunatly I finished the female and am to lazy to fix it haha, but I'll use it for the male and see if I can fix it. :)

Karen
08-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Okay - it's all a learning process anyway, any time we put pencil to paper, or cursor to screen! :)

cyber-sibes
08-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Yes, Karen, the change of angle on the male's leg is good, looks more believable. This is really going to be cute, Audrey. What medium are you coloring with?

NoahsMommy
08-23-2005, 02:42 AM
Neat!! I can't wait to see it when its done. :)