PDA

View Full Version : 3:am and announcing his arrival!

Abby&Buddy'sMom
08-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Yikes...the "siamese" in Buddy is unreal. He likes to announce his arrival into my bedroom at about 3:am , and it it a VERY LOUD sounding..RRROOOWWWLLLLLL!! :eek: Anyone else have a kitty who always tells you that they are here with a very loud announcement??? I know siamese's are vocal, and thats ok....but why, every night when I 'm trying to sleep, Yikes...and funny thing is , Husband very rarely hears it:eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: I guess that is just part of having a siamese. .....ok....I feel better now:(

slick
08-21-2005, 08:31 PM
I've heard that meezers are quite the talkers but 3am???? Sounds like he's got alot to tell you. Maybe he fended off some evil night monsters and wanted you to know.;) :D

kittycats_delight
08-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Vixen always announces herself when she enters the room no matter what room, no matter what time of day or night. Actually she also announces when she wakes up, when she wants food, when she wants attention, when Lilith is bugging her, when Lilith won't play with her and generally anything she can announce. And she isn't remotely Siamese. Think someone should tell her that?

RedHedd
08-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Maine Coons do it too! I never knew until I adopted Mishi that MC's were talkers! YEOW! That guy can YEOWL!

BitsyNaceyDog
08-22-2005, 12:10 AM
I had one of those. My RB Roxy liked to sleep on our bed at night, but do to some neurological problems she had she could not jump. Every night we'd start her out on our bed and if she wanted down she'd meow loudly and then when she was ready to be back up she'd come to my side of the bed and meow again.

G535
08-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Finnigan's a "talker" too and he's not even remotely siamese!

rosethecopycat
08-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Snowy, Buddy's chatty siamese cousin, doesn't yowl, he can sound like he's whining though.

Malfi, with his deep, low voice, actually scares the other cats when he decides to use it.:eek: (he has scared me too)

catmandu
08-22-2005, 09:58 AM
JJJ3,ALWAYS THINKS,THAT I AM ON THE VERGE,OF OPENING,A PACKAGE,OF WHISKAS TEMPTATIONS,AND HE WANTS THEM

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture575.jpg

sirrahbed
08-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Our BR Ernie also had that piercing siamese voice - it reminded me of a newborn baby:D That sure would be startling to hear at 3am:eek:

Once at a catshow - the Siamese were being judged near where we stood and that chorus was pretty piercing, too! They sure do have an unusual voice.

dukedogsmom
08-22-2005, 01:20 PM
I can certainly identify. When I was a kid, we had a Siamese tomcat named Sam(I know, really original) The apartment we were living in had no carpet. At night, he would go up and down the hallway very loudly meowing. We finally had to lock him up in the bathroom at night.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Chester my black boy, is a real motor mouth.
He too loves to start in, anytime between 3 am until I get up at 6 am. It's : MEEEE-OOOOWWWW!!! right in my ear. He also comes sailing through the air and lands on me. You should see my bruises.

Bless his heart, he sure is determined to tell me about whatever he is excited about. I just want some SLEEP! :D

Edwina's Secretary
08-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Eddie is a yowler. If I have been gone he has to come in a few times at night and yowl next to the bed. Just to make sure I am there I guess. Sometimes he just howls from somewhere else in the house...sometimes during the day he'll start howling. I always wonder if he does it when I not home....

Does a tree that falls in a forest...etc....etc.

Barbara
08-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Filou yowls in the staircase. It's his way to tell us he's lost in the woods. We must answer and call him and then he comes and gives headbumpies:D