PDA

View Full Version : New additions

Poo
08-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Me and my partner found some kittens!!! They were on our front drive last Wednesday morning. We live right next to a main road, so we scooped them up and they are now residing in our cat run in the garden. I have phoned all the local vets and cat rescue organisations and have put posters up in the neighbourhood, but no-one has claimed them yet. Soooooooo I guess I now have 2 new residents!!!!!

They are so adorable, I could not give them up. I think they have been living outside for a while, as they are covered in fleas and have very dirty feet. They are so lucky to have not been run over on the road, we are literally right next to it.

They are off to see the vet in the morning for flea and worm treatments and their first vaccinations. Also to check what sex they are, as I am not sure. Once I know I can then start thinking of some names.

Its so weird, the night before we found them we had decided not get another cat (we had been considering getting a playmate for Twinkle). Then next morning these two arrive. I think it was just meant to be.

Heres some pictures (these were hard to get as they would not keep still). Hope you enjoy.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/p76fa774806c201fd922145eabe73eb20/f2b864b6.jpg

Kitty 1
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/pc99628cfb0f133f3560f0f691f57cdf9/f2b86489.jpg

Kitty 2
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/p9b6729c35aaada4a11d0ed2ee5510423/f2b86481.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/pa7bffd7cfa31ee2d41ace7bb6fe02586/f2b864a6.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/pfd4fb8aa50d53346b7e8765ae4f19b03/f2b86492.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.

Nicki x

rg_girlca
08-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Oh my goodness, what two adorable widdle kitties. I just love their markings and coloring. I give them about 6-7 weeks old as you can see their eyes are just starting to change color.

I think someone must have heard your thoughts about getting a playmate for your Twinkle and dropped these two Angels on your driveway just for you.

Bless you for taking them in and giving them a forever home. I'm sure you will not regret it. You are truly Angels for doing this for them.

Please let us know how it goes at the vets and please keep up updated with pictures. :D

luvofallhorses
08-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Aww, precious, just precious!! Congrats! :)

catmandu
08-21-2005, 05:35 PM
LITTLE SCRAPPY 2,IS STARING,AT THE SCREEN,PROBABLY WAITING,FOR HAIRBALL BOWLING,BUT SHE MEEWWED,AT THE KITTENS PHOTOS!
THEY ARE WONDERFUL DO IT YOURSELF CAT KITS!
TAKE A KITTEN,ADD FOOD LOVE ,TLC,AND VOLIA,YOU HAVE

A CAT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture651.jpg

lisalee
08-21-2005, 05:41 PM
They are just so cute and so lucky to have found you. They are just precious little babies, Congratulations! :)

momcat
08-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Talk about cuteness overload!!! If they aren't the cutest little sweeties. Good luck at the vet and be sure to let us know what doctor has to say. Now that we've seen them, pictures are mandatory!!!!!

jazzcat
08-21-2005, 09:33 PM
How cute!!!! Congrats!

I hope all goes well at the vet tomorrow. Can't wait to find out what you name them.

G535
08-21-2005, 09:41 PM
What gorgeous little fur faces, glad you are keeping them.

NoahsMommy
08-21-2005, 09:42 PM
How exciting!!! They're adorable!!! :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-22-2005, 12:48 AM
Awwwww!!! They're so adorable!!!:D I'm so glad that you found them and have now decided to keep them. Good luck at the vets tomorrow and please keep us updated about them.:)

CONGRATS ON YOUR 2 NEW ADDITIONS!!! :D :D

jenluckenbach
08-22-2005, 12:59 AM
Its so weird, the night before we found them we had decided not get another cat (we had been considering getting a playmate for Twinkle). Then next morning these two arrive. I think it was just meant to be.
One does not "get" cats, cats are "given" to you. And this is proof. :)

They are too precious!!!

Killearn Kitties
08-22-2005, 06:29 AM
They are absolutely adorable!!!

Lightning SuperCat
08-22-2005, 07:13 AM
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!
They are SOO ADORABLE!!!!! I agree, God put them into your life for a reason!!! They are TOO CUTE!!!!! :D :D

QueenScoopalot
08-22-2005, 08:30 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid183/pc99628cfb0f133f3560f0f691f57cdf9/f2b86489.jpg

This picture shows that perfect "M" so clearly! What a lucky find for them and you as well. ;) :)

Here's the legends of that tabby cat trademark "M". :)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The Magnificent "M"
Probably the most distinctive feature seen in common on all tabby cats is the "M" on their foreheads. You will also see this M on many of the big jungle cats, such as tigers, cheetahs, and ocelots.
From the ancient Egyptian days came the first legend about this unique marking. Cats were called Mau, most likely a reflection of their conversational sound. The word Mau also translated to seeing, or light. Since cats' eyes appear so luminous at night, it was only a couple of steps further to associate these glorious animals with the moon, and their marking to reflect that relationship. The Egyptian Mau is a direct descendant of those ancient Egyptian cats; domesticated as an offspring of the African Wild Cat, it carries the M to this day.

The Tabby in the Manger

Another wonderful legend about the origin of the "M" tells about Mary and the tabby cat in the manger.

It seems that the baby Jesus was cold and fussing, and Mary asked the manger animals to move in closer to warm him. The manger was simply too small to accomplish that, but a little tabby cat came in and nestled next to the baby, and cosseted Him with purring and warmth. Mary was so grateful, she bestowed her own initial, "M" on the cat's forehead.
Mohammed and the Tabby

Islam legend tells us that Mohammed loved cats. One story says that he once cut off a sleeve of a garment when he had to leave to attend prayer, rather than to disturb his cat, Muezza, who was sleeping upon the sleeve. It is said that the reason he loved cats so much is that one once saved his life when a snake crawled into his sleeve. (This may be a variation of the well-known Muezza story.) Legend also claims that Mohammed bestowed on cats the ability to always land on their feet. A writing of Mohammed tells about his vision of a woman punished in Hell for starving her cat to death. These stories have all come down to the assumption that the "M" symbolizes the enormous esteem which Mohammed felt for cats and that the sight of the "M" on a cat's forehead invokes memories of Mohammed. In any case, cats today are still generally protected and respected in the Islamic world, and are even permitted inside mosques.

Beloved of Bast

My personal favorite story of the magnificent "M" was told by Jim Willis in his story, Beloved of Bast, which is included in his book, "Pieces of my Heart - Writings Inspired by Animals and Nature." It tells the tale of an old brown tabby "barn cat" by the name of "Mother," and I was honored to be able to reprint it for my readers.

Another frequently quoted piece says that in Ancient Egypt, cats were worshiped as gods, and the cat has never forgotten this. Indeed, the Goddess Bastet was depicted with a cat's head and Re, the Sun God was often depicted as a cat.

Small wonder that tabby cats are particularly worthy of the esteem in which we hold them. In fact, many of them are creating their own legends today, a fact to which many of you will attest.

catnapper
08-22-2005, 08:36 AM
What absolute sweeties! Yup, they were meant to be! Good luck at the vets you two!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-22-2005, 09:09 AM
They are so beautiful - how lucky you all found each other

sirrahbed
08-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Those are two adorable tabby babies:D They have such cute white mittens on them, too. It will be interesting to find out what sex they are and what you name them. Taking in two kittens at the same is really the best idea I think - though that part was already decided FOR you:D

smokey the elder
08-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Aww! Look at those great big ears! So cute!

Donnaj4962
08-22-2005, 10:42 AM
My oh my... they are ADORABLE! How lucky you are that they found you! ;)