PDA

View Full Version : Chester's New Trick!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-04-2002, 06:38 PM
It's followed him around since he was born almost 2 years ago but Chester just discovered what fun his tail can be. Sunday I heard the strangest noise in the bathroom. There was Chester, chasing his tail round and round and round ... in the bath tub. Earlier today, he tried chasing it again, only on the back of my rocker - recliner! He had such a look on his face when the chair moved and he fell off. Now he's back in the bath tub again. He's never seen a dog chase its tail as far as I know so I don't know where he picked this up from. My little cat; the dog. :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-04-2002, 07:31 PM
Awwwww how cute. I wonder why she chooses to do it in the bathtub. Tinky only chases her tail when she is sitting in one of the kitchen table chairs.:rolleyes:

wolflady
03-04-2002, 07:34 PM
fuzzyfaces and Sara
LOL LOL How cute is that??? I haven't ever seen a cat chase its tail before! LOL LOL
Ya gotta try to get a pic of Chester doing that in the bathtub! That is just too too funny! Have you tried a laser light with him?? I bet he'd love to chase that!!!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-05-2002, 09:41 AM
I think there's something about bathtubs that cats like - like the feel of it or something. We used to have a shower curtain to keep water in, and every morning, again while I was getting ready, Peanut would have to come in the bathroom, paw at the shower curtain, then jump in and roll around in the tub. She likes doing that on the basement floor too. Now we got the glass shower doors and she's really not interested anymore, even if I leave them open for her.

As far as I know she's never chased her tail in the tub though. It must be a riot to watch Chester. :D Does he ever *catch* the tail? ;)

Edwina's Secretary
03-05-2002, 12:26 PM
Edwina has been known to chase her tail -- totally without provocation (to my knowledge.) However, sometimes when she and I are playing "string" I will tie the string (gently) on her tail and she chases and chases it. When she catches it, the tail needs a few good licks!

lynnestankard
03-05-2002, 02:18 PM
Of our three - it's Ketchum who chases his tail - normally while sat on the sofa when all of a sudden this THING attacks him - well my furrbaby is not standing for that - (rolling round the sofa yes - but NOT standing!) - he whizzes round like a dervish and usually a cushion falls on him- well that needs dealing with - and when that's dead it's back to the THING. This can go on for half an hour even and when the THING is finally vanquished - he's exhausted and needs a very urgent cat nap!!:D This is so funny but as you can imagine it doesn't do the sofa or the cushions much good!! Their replaceable - Ketchum isn't!!

Lynne

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-05-2002, 07:11 PM
LOL :p LOL :D LOL :D Lynn. That sounds soooo funny. I can picture that in my head and It seems so funny, I guess he is tag teamed by his tail and the cushion.

wolflady
03-05-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Edwina has been known to chase her tail -- totally without provocation (to my knowledge.) However, sometimes when she and I are playing "string" I will tie the string (gently) on her tail and she chases and chases it. When she catches it, the tail needs a few good licks!

OMG!! I do this to both of my boys too!! LOL LOL I've tied their "newsy" sting toy to their tails to see what would happen. Both cats react differently. Scooter get scared and starts to run...thinking the toy is chasing him!! It takes him forever to figure out how to get it off! LOL LOL
Marius, on the other hand, will chase it around a little bit...but gets it off his tail pretty quick. That's my bright boy! LOL LOL :D

Marius would like to get "all tied up" in a game of string with his little cat-nip blossom Edwina! LOL =^..^=

Former User
03-06-2002, 01:52 AM
LOL, I do that string thing with Casper too, and he goes wild when I tie it on his tail. He just keeps going around and around, trying to catch it. Kitty on the other hand just sits on the floor and takes the string off her tail, just to show that she knows better than that... :rolleyes:

lynnestankard
03-06-2002, 05:47 AM
LOL - Nina. Funnily enough it's Bagel who takes the string of her tail. The boys just loose the plot and go berserk!! Must be a feminine trait to sit down and work things out!! Hmm:D

Lynne

Edwina's Secretary
03-06-2002, 09:24 AM
(Phew. I was hesitant to tell the string story that I would be thought a cruel momma. So glad others do it too!)

Marius ohhhhhh. You bad boy you! (giggle, giggle )

wayne0214
03-08-2002, 08:00 PM
I have seen Snow Tiger chase his tail, but that is also at those times when he is "wired for 220 volts". Other associated antics are doing back flips when being "attacked" by any of the other playing furkids. Doing back flips is also part of his play with anything that attracts his attention, such as an empty toilet-paper roll, or some odd thing that he has found while playing outside.:D

.............wayne

Ila
04-02-2002, 03:02 PM
Misty has a long tail. My husband says it is a racoon tail. He has nicknamed her critter because she looks like a racoon when laying stetched out. When she sits on the kitchen chairs she sees her tail and she will try to bite it on the other side of the chair. It waves and gets close and she attacks. I have seen her going at it so hard to catch it she has fallen off the chair. It is so funny to watch!! ;)

wolflady
04-02-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Marius ohhhhhh. You bad boy you! (giggle, giggle )

;) :D :D :D

purrs,
Marius =^..^=

04-05-2002, 01:01 PM
our Sydney loves to chase his tail too !! In the middle of the living room . It's so much fun playing with a flash-light indeed !! he turns around like crazy then !!hahahaha :D :D :D

yumyum6970
04-05-2002, 01:03 PM
Dutchess has a very long tail but she doesn't chase it instead Yum Yum chases it. :) :) She will bat at it with her paw too.

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Lachesis
04-05-2002, 02:25 PM
My friend ties a string with a bell on it to her cats tail (not hard!!) and the cat just looooves chasing it :D

56cat
04-06-2002, 02:07 PM
My cat whiskers stands on the computer table and chases the pointer, the same for Sassy, shes a kitten, she can jump high, she loves to climb up to the place we hang our coats then jump on the peoples backs when they come in!:)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-06-2002, 02:16 PM
WELCOME TO PET TALK 56cat!
I look forward to hearing more about Whiskers and Sassy!:)

AvaJoy
04-06-2002, 09:12 PM
Lol . . . :D :D I'll have to try the tail-string thing with Debra . . . wonder if she will go for it!?! :p

This reminds me . . . when we rescued Meeshe, he had a string TIGHTLY tied around his tail . . . I didn't know what I was feeling at first, until I parted the fur . . . must have been some punk kid's idea of a prank . . . :( :mad: His tail survived.