PDA

View Full Version : Waking up

wolf_Q
08-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Just for fun. :)

I definitely require an alarm clock to wake up at a specific time! I am sooooooooooooooooo not a morning person! I actually have 2 to double the annoyance if I really need to wake up early. :o I set it for an 30 min-1 hour earlier than I actually need to get up and hit snooze. Pathetic, huh? :o

Suki Wingy
08-20-2005, 11:16 PM
I meant to post other. I can not ever get up in the morning. Thae only way is for planes and horse shows. I have had 4 detentions this last school year for unexcused lates. The whole morning I am half sleeping through classes. I am uncomfortable all night, but in the mornig hours, (dawn to whenever I wake up, sometimes noon) I feel so comfortable I feel like I could never ever move! My waking hours in the summer are one in the afternoon to 3 am usually.

Corinna
08-20-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm usually wake before my alarm goes off (sucks so much) I can't even sleep in on my days off (really really sucks)

Suki Wingy
08-20-2005, 11:38 PM
I'd much rather have it that way!

MariaM
08-21-2005, 12:12 AM
I'm not sure you would. My dad can't sleep much at all, not past 5 usually. He tries to take rests but sometimes it doesn't work. So he always gets up early in the morning, and that wakes my mom up and then she can't get back to sleep.

As for me, I voted setting the clock early.

I can wake up VERY easily if I need to. I.E. Last summer, I slept in the basement alot, and Major woud bark around 7, 8 in the morning, because he was usually twisted around the tree. So I would get up, I could be awake before the first bark ended, and up before the second started. So I always took him off his cable and whatever, and that happened most days. I think that was pretty good considering most of those nights I had gone to bed between 2-4:30.

However, I LOVE to sleep. If I don't have to, I don't want to get up.

During school, I don't want to get up. If I *have* to, then I will, very easily. But if I can scratch off a few minutes, then I will gladly.

Last year I was late a few times because I went to bed too late and set my alarm a tad too early. The alarm was like Major's barking, I'd be awake in record time. Well, at least my arm would, and I would shut off the alarm.

There were many morning that I SWORE my alarm clock didn't go off, but I think it had. I just hit "Alarm" and it went off, and I went back to sleep. I think its only logical that it went off, but I sure had my mornings when I completely did not ever remember. Haha.

Well, the thing with that is, I knew I could just make the alarm clock go off with a simple hand gesture, so why get up if I didn't have to?? Haha.

Some nights when I left homework until the morning I set my alarm early and slept backwards to make sure I got up. It went off every morning so that is why I'm sure it had gone off the other mornings.

I have figured out the buttons on my alarm clock, and it's kind of confusing. I don't know the difference between "Alarm" "Sleep" and "Snooze". I only know that by hitting "Alarm" it won't go off again until the next morning.

binka_nugget
08-21-2005, 01:36 AM
I set my alarm on my cell phone for five minutes earlier than I want to wake up at. I leave that by my head (just to make sure I can hear it). Then I set my regular alarm clock for the actual time I want to wake up at. Sometimes I sleep right through both of them. During the school year, I was convinced that both were broken. :p

NoahsMommy
08-21-2005, 02:08 AM
I'm almost like a dead person when I sleep, so it takes SEVERAL hits of the snooz button...on SUPER LOUD. ;)

Suki Wingy
08-21-2005, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I'm almost like a dead person when I sleep, so it takes SEVERAL hits of the snooz button...on SUPER LOUD. ;)
Yeah, I can sleep through almost anything too! :D

I HATE beeping noises, and HATE waking up, so the alarm clock is my worst enemy!:D

popcornbird
08-21-2005, 02:31 AM
LOL! When I'm comfortable in bed, the LAST thing I want to do is get out! The worst are winter mornings. When its COLD outside of bed, I do NOT want to get out.....so I stay there much longer than I should.

When I have to wake up at a certain time, I set my alarm for 15 minutes earlier. It takes 3 snooze button hits to wake me up...and sometimes, even that doesn't work. Sometimes my mom has to wake me. What's funny is.....SOMETIMES I intend to log on in the morning to talk to a PT'er, and when THAT is on my mind, I can wake up without an alarm clock. How weird is that??? Otherwise, I am NOT a morning person. :o

chocolatepuppy
08-21-2005, 05:48 AM
No snooze button for me, I figure I'll get up and get it over with! Usually I wake up just before the clock goes off or Mandy wakes me up. :D

RobiLee
08-21-2005, 08:08 AM
I am not a morning person either! I set my alarm a bit early and then hit the snooze button several times before I get up. I hate getting out of bed and wish I could just sleep and sleep...lol.

Pam
08-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
I'm usually wake before my alarm goes off (sucks so much) I can't even sleep in on my days off (really really sucks)

Me too!

catnapper
08-21-2005, 08:21 AM
I'm "other" because I am soooo not a morning person. I never even HEAR the alarm go off -- I'm a sound sleeper. Hubby has the alarm go off every morning, and only MAYBE once a month I hear it. He gets up, dresses and heads out to work. I wake up maybe an hour or so later. Sometimes MUCH later :o. Thankfully I have a job where I work from home, and if I sleep late... nohbody knows. :D

Kfamr
08-21-2005, 09:06 AM
I NEED an alarm clock.
My alarm clock is my radio, and the second the dogs hear my radio click on they jump up and tell me to wake up. :rolleyes:

Cataholic
08-21-2005, 10:49 AM
I haven't used an alarm clock since Jonah was born! Who needs one, since his internal clock 'rings' around 6am everyday!

CalliesMom
08-21-2005, 10:49 AM
I ENJOY sleeping but am a very light sleeper. I usually hit my snooze button 1-2 xs and then I get up. My husband, however, will set the alarm 30-45 mins. before he has to get up and then proceeds to let it go off for that long because he has problems getting up. It wakes me up and then takes me at least another hour to get back to sleep. :mad:

Zany_girlie
08-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Wow....hahahaha i absolutely can NOT wake up with out my trusty arlarm. Its funny cause i sleep like a rock, so i had to by an alarm clock that starts loud and gets louder and louder....hahahahaha and sometimes that doesnt even wake me up..lol:D :) :p

dogzr#1
08-21-2005, 12:09 PM
I sometimes wake up before my alarms goes off because my Mom and stepdad wake up at 5:00 and are REALLY loud. It is hard for me to go back to sleep. But most of the time I am asleep until my alarms goes off. I am a very light sleeper and wake up the second the alarm goes off. I hate waking up early because right before I wake up I usually find a really comfortable spot.... I wish school would be at night, like from 3:00 p.m - 10:00 p.m.

sandragonfly
08-21-2005, 04:54 PM
depends on my crayola!! :D

since I've had him each day for a year and half, I've noticed his a few minutes lateness!

I turn on my oven timer, going down to a certain time I must get up...

I usually, on weekdays, set up ten minutes early so it would give crayola time to realize it's beeping from his sleep throughoutly then wakes me up!

I get up at the right moment...I get up like a six year-old kid!! ;) (hate to sleep).

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-21-2005, 05:27 PM
I need an alarm clock...otherwise I sleep in 'til like 9 or 10am!:rolleyes: :p ;) Usually it goes off, I hit snooze, wait another 5...10...MAYBE 15 minutes and then roll out of bed! (ha!) I am definitely NOT the morning person...I'm nocturnal! lol:D;)

wolfsoul
08-21-2005, 05:33 PM
I always set my alarm clock, but wake up before it goes off. I just like to set it just incase. I hate the sound of the alarm when I'm sleeping so I wake up every few minutes just to see how close to the time it's getting -- finally, about 5 minutes before it is about to go off, I just get up. I hate it because for the hour before I get up I never get any sleep because I'm so terrified the alarm clock is going to go off. But if I don't set it, I wouldn't sleep at all because I'd be too paranoid that I'd be late for work!

carole
08-21-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't require an alarm clock, I wake up at the same time nearly every day, infact now spring is here I am waking earlier due to the light, 6am, is a bit too early for me, but tell my darn body that, I guess if I were going out to work, I would prefer to have a back up system like an alarm clock, just incase my very reliable body alarm dared to let me down even once,(sometimes I really wish it would) like a sleep in to 8 am weekends would be heaven.

Cookiebaker
08-21-2005, 07:31 PM
My "alarm clock" is my very patient hubby. I sleep through anything electronic no matter how loud it gets. And the poor guy puts up with so much -- I can be pretty grumpy, too. :o I'm NOT a morning person. :(

cali
08-21-2005, 09:42 PM
I need at least 2 preferably 3 going off each about 1 minut after the other because these things work into my dreams, for example, I once dreamt that I was at school and my alarm was going off but the alarm became the school bell in my dream so I did not wake up lol then my other alarms started going off :o its not that I am not a morning person, I actually am, I just sleep so soundly that someone screaming in my ears wont wake me up, I actually START to wake up on time, because being partally awake is the only way I hear my alarm lol and that is the reason that when I have to get up early, I go to bed early or forget it lol

ramanth
08-22-2005, 10:17 AM
On a general basis, I set the alarm early and hit the snooze a few times.

But if I know I need to be up early for a special event, I'm up as soon as the alarm goes off.

ParNone
08-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Very rare I use my alarm clock anymore. I've got the Gull Clock. I'm awakened by his cold lil' Collie Nose in my face at 6:15 every morning. No matter if week day or week end. Course on week ends, we go back to sleep after our lil' potty and play session.

Par...

lvpets2002
08-22-2005, 11:02 AM
:) Nope have not used a alarm clock for years & I am light sleeper & just wake on time && now the girls help some mornings running & playing thru the house & across the bed we go go..

Logan
08-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Our alarm clock is set (by me) every night, except for the days that we don't have to get up for anything. Of course, my precious puppies will let me know when they are ready to get up if I don't get up on their time. My husband could sleep through anything, so I am definitely in charge of the clock. He would have to set it so loudly that it would upset me! :eek:

Right now, there is no such thing as hitting snooze because some cat (could be either one of them) walked on the top of the alarm/radio and reset the snooze to one minute and that's not worth a flip! Hehehe! :p I've got to read the manual again to figure out how to change it back! LOL!!!! Someone gave us a Bose radio system when we got married and it is terrific, but complicated! :o

Anita Cholaine
08-22-2005, 12:11 PM
I definitely need an alarm clock. I love sleeping in the morning, so it's hard for me to wake up to school. Sometimes I turn off the alarm and I fall asleep again inmediately, I'm soooo lazy....

moosmom
08-22-2005, 03:01 PM
I ALWAYS get up when the alarm goes off.

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-22-2005, 03:04 PM
If I have to get up for something fun I get out of bed as soon as the alarm rings. If I have to go to school or something I hit the snooze button a few times......