PDA

View Full Version : What has Pet Talk done to help you?

Lexi_Lover
08-20-2005, 06:03 PM
I thought it would be neat if we could start a thread on what Pet Talk has helped you to do, inspired, achieved, whatever! :D

Pet Talk has helped me to.....

-Be more caring and considerate of others.

-Shown me to a path for my future.

-Become a stronger person, inside and out.

-Realize that pets are more then to care for...(I already knew this, but gave me a greater stronger bond...)

-GET A DIGITAL CAMERA! ;)

-Share my world with others and be more open!

So at that note, thank you to everybody who has helped me to achieve this! NOW, ITS YOUR TURN....

chocolatepuppy
08-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Pet Talk inspired me to learn to post pictures ( remember, there were no computers when I went to school ;) ) and of course I got to meet a lot of nice people and their pets from all over the world! :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Well, PT has helped me in many ways! A few are:

-I've made great friends first and foremost!:D;)

-I've learned how to take thousands of pictures of Blaze! lol:D

-It's been a great learning experience it lots of different areas.

-And I've learned the meaning of real friendship and uniqueness in all animals.

There's probably more that I'm not thinking of right now...:)

luvofallhorses
08-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Here is how pet talk has helped me..

*to get through rough times :)
*get a digital camera :)
*post a lot of pics of my furbabies
*love to look at pics! ;)
*to not be shy! LOL! :D

Lexi_Lover
08-20-2005, 07:07 PM
I knew I was forgetting one! FRIENDS! :D Of course! Thats my #1 thing! :)

Annette, I don't think you have learned that...you still need to do some more pic posting...;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
I knew I was forgetting one! FRIENDS! :D Of course! Thats my #1 thing! :)

EXACTLY!!!:D How could you forget Paula?? lol:D

Lexi_Lover
08-20-2005, 07:13 PM
OOPSIE! :( :o

;) You know I meant it.....

chocolatepuppy
08-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Annette, I don't think you have learned that...you still need to do some more pic posting...

Paula, I only learned to post them once in awhile! :p :D

Lexi_Lover
08-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Or never...come on! We need some pictures, now! I posted so many times this week. I just keep boring people. I think I'm gonna hold off on pics until you post some....

chocolatepuppy
08-20-2005, 07:34 PM
But... but Paula, you made me such a nice siggy that no pictures can compare! ;)

Lexi_Lover
08-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by chocolatepuppy
But... but Paula, you made me such a nice siggy that no pictures can compare! ;)
HA! Nice try! We're bombarding this thread! ;) Come on and just face the facts Annette! ;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
OOPSIE! :( :o

;) You know I meant it.....

I know, I know, and I forgive you!;)

Karen
08-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Pet Talk has helped me make friends from all over the whole world - I have met Pet Talk people practically everywhere I go!

Pet Talk has taught me more about certain animal illnesses than I ever knew.

Toby's my baby
08-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Great Thread Paula!!

PT has helped me by:

-To get a Digital Camera

-To make many many new friends

-To help me learn more about different animals, and it has helped me take care of the animals I already have

-It has helped me to stay strong in hard situations, and helped me to pray, I didnt pray much before, now I pray every night, for everyone and for everything. And I know that all the pt prayers from all of you, have helped me to heal, in my many times of injury.

-PT got me to regain my confidence, and got me back in the saddle

-PT helped me to add many more additons to my family, and help them keep them healthy

:) Thank you Pet Talk!!

NoahsMommy
08-21-2005, 02:06 AM
Oh my gosh....PT is my family...I can't even begin to express what it means to me and what its done for me.

-Constant support

-Constant care and friendship...and prayers

-Truly amazing, kind, life-long friends

-Endless knowledge on animals...of all types

-A place to find a smile...whenever I need it

SOooooooo much. Its the best place ever!!!

Suki Wingy
08-21-2005, 02:12 AM
I've been here since February this year!
*Get through depressing times
*Be more friendly
*Get better at graphics from making sigs
*Google better;) "find that pic" games
*Research a lot better and more
*Having people there to listen to me when I need them and
*Listening to people through tough times
*Get action shots of Niño
*Finally sign Niño up at the dog park
*Make movies (Not Afraid movie done soon, btw!)
Thank You Karen and Paul so much for this wonderful place!

Kfamr
08-21-2005, 09:31 AM
I've gained many great, TRUE friends.. The ones who have stuck by my side for years and continue to do so.
I've given the people a break in my daily life from hearing about my dogs. :o
I've traveled a lot more often, met a ton of different people, and as said gained friendships from such.
I've gained a lot of confidence in myself and realized what kind of people to let in my life and what kind I should stay away from.
I've done a lot more with my computer skills creating and helping other PT'ers.
I've learned new words and phrases... Frito Feet, anyone?
My living room is a bigger mess from the dog toys recieved in the mail. :P
I've learned to love spiders, lizards, snakes, etc... in my own unique way, instead of being ignorant towards them.
I've been able to expand my dog's tricks from seeing other tricks here on PT. ;)

The list could go on and on.... the good and the ugly.

Randi
08-21-2005, 10:50 AM
PT has taught me a lot about cats - and how to express myself better in english, but most of all, PT has helped me make friends all over the world. :) :)

Rachel
08-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Pet Talk has connected me with the dearest and best friends I have ever known.

I have been able to associate with and learn from a variety of talented and gifted members.

I have been able to vicariously travel and see sights in places I will never see in real life.

I have been challenged to share my views and opinions in the writing, a skill that if not used does deteriorate.

I have been given access to a wide variety of information and thought provoking ideas and viewpoints which has made it possible to expand my own and grow as a person.

I have had the opportunity to share the intensity of my adoration and affection for my animals and be understood.

I have had access to the animals of other Pet Talkers to enjoy and care about (without the work that goes with them.:p )

I have seen the caring, compassion, dedication and devotion of Pet Talkers who use their time and abilities in the work of animal rescue, foster care, and rehoming. These are people whom I admire and respect beyond words.

I have had the opportunity to share joy and grief to a degree that I didn't deem possible.

I have a place to come when I am lonely and want to spend a little time in a friendly setting.

sandragonfly
08-22-2005, 04:24 AM
hmmm,

not so sure..

except finding how a few more strangers (who never meets who) could be very supportive/thoughtful & making a few new cyberpals. Ü

Logan
08-22-2005, 09:16 AM
Pet Talk has brought me 5 of the best friends in the world, plus tons more friends, too!!!! :) :) :)

slick
08-22-2005, 10:16 AM
If I listed them all, I would write a novel so let my just say one thing.

Pet Talk has given me many best friends....best friends who love me.....and that has helped me to realize that just maybe I am worth something afterall.