PDA

View Full Version : The good news anf the bad news about Lucas (mostly good news)

jenluckenbach
08-20-2005, 02:43 PM
OK. so I took Lucas off the pancreatic enzyme pills to see if his diarrhea would return. Well it has been since Thursday morning that he has had no pills (5 doses not given) and his poop is not only in the box where it belongs but it is PERFECTLY normal looking. Which means that we don't have an answer. :( BUT at least we don't have diarrhea.

I will keep monitoring him for signs of returning diarrhea (maybe it takes longer to come back). In the mean time I will be satisfied with no clean up duty. :)

kuhio98
08-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Yeah Lucas! Keep up the good work. Kitties sure are a mystery, aren't they?

catmandu
08-20-2005, 04:28 PM
WE ARE PLEASED,AND DELIGHTED,THAT OUR PAL LUCAS,IS DOING SO MUCH BETTER,WE WOULD HATE,TO HAVE ANYTHING WRONG,WITH OUR BIG ORANGE TABBY FRIEND!!
WE LOVE LUCAS,AS WE THINK,DOES PET TALK!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture579.jpg

LUCAS,I WILL SHARE MY TREATS,WITH YOU,IF YOU GET WELL!IS THAT A DEAL?

Craftlady
08-20-2005, 05:18 PM
WOW,
This is a mystery indeed. Glad he is feeling better and doesnt have the diarraha.

slick
08-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Dang.....don't you just hate the "not knowing" part? Glad to hear that his poops are normal, though.

krazyaboutkatz
08-20-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Lucas's poops are normal now. Hopefully they'll continue to be stay this way.:)

catnapper
08-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Yay Lucas! You're holding your own right now! Keep it up!

momcat
08-20-2005, 08:09 PM
What wonderful news! I do hope Lucas' poop problems are a thing of the past. Where else but PT do people get excited about litter box deposits? Glad you're feeling better, Lucas... but please don't leave any more of those "surprises" for Meowmie?!? Lots of get well lovebug just for you.....

sasha the cat
08-20-2005, 09:00 PM
MeeeeWhew! We're thrilled for you and for your human. Keep fighting and get back to "purrfectly healthy pussycat".

purrs from Sasha

Killearn Kitties
08-21-2005, 03:09 AM
Handsome Lucas, I am pleased to hear this at least. I hope you are feeling better, sweetie.

NoahsMommy
08-21-2005, 05:55 AM
Awww, I too, hope he's all better now.

Its so frustrating trying to figure this stuff out...I wish they could tell us what's wrong.

catcrazylady
08-21-2005, 06:55 AM
That is good news (sort of).;) I'm glad the poo is normal and where it's supposed to be. Hopefully it will never return again even if that means you never know what caused it.

All that matters is Lucas must be feeling better and meowmie is a getting a break from some nasty cleanup!;) :D

TopCat3
08-21-2005, 08:00 AM
That's excellent news. Let's hope things "hold firm" for Lucas (and you, Jen). ;)

rg_girlca
08-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Oh Lucas, I pray that you continue to have good poopies and keep it where it belongs. :)

jazzcat
08-21-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm glad he's back to tootsie rolls on the beach (firm poo in the litter). Now if only we knew why.

It's still good news! Keep it up Lucas.

jenluckenbach
08-21-2005, 06:21 PM
He is back to pooping on the floor and the poops are becoming softer. SOOOOOOOOOO........I will resume his medication and report to the vet tomorrow AM. I think we may have our answer after all.

(I expected his poop to turn bad faster, but maybe it was expected to take a few days....I will ask tomorrow)

If his only trouble is that his body does not produce pancreatic enzyme, then giving him these pills should keep him OK!! It is most certainly an answer that is easy to live with. :)

TopCat3
08-22-2005, 07:09 AM
Well, at least you know what it is now, and hopefully can keep it under control. OK Lucas! Mum knows what to do, you're going to be just fine! Take care of each other:)

furrykidsmother
08-22-2005, 07:26 AM
I guess you can call that good news! You have an answer and a pill a day isn't too bad. I am sure Lucas will be a good boy and take his pills.

Barbara
08-22-2005, 08:36 AM
That sounds as if you have your answer.

Ok, so these pills work a little longer.

We hope now as Lucas is back to them he will be fine furrever:)

Killearn Kitties
08-23-2005, 12:46 PM
What did the vet say about sweetie Lucas today, Jen? :)

jenluckenbach
08-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Lucas will drive me insane before the end of the year. He is still pooping on the floor (and possibly peeing on the couch, but not confirmed). His poops are now soft (no where near the liquid they were beforeb but.....) even though we put him back on the medicine. I suppose it will just take a while for the meds to start really working again.

** shrugs shoulders **

At least he seems to feel OK. And he eats well.

rg_girlca
08-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Oh Jen. ((((((HUGS)))))) for you girl.

I pray that the medicine kicks in real soon and Lucas will be back to making nice tootsie rolls for you.