PDA

View Full Version : Cheerios?

dogzr#1
08-20-2005, 01:49 PM
I was just wondering if I could use cheerios as treats. My husky eats really slow and even if I give her a piece of kibble she takes it somewhere to eat it. I know she really likes cheerios because when I was eating breakfast a few fell and she ate them rather quickly. Thanks in advance!:)

IRescue452
08-20-2005, 02:32 PM
I think they are a great idea for a treat and if you are doing training or a series of tricks where the dog gets treats they don't get too many calories or anything.

Vette
08-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Cherrios are low in fat and actually are good for us. i dont see why they wouldnt be for a dog as well. heck they probably have less calories then actual dog treats. ;)

Giselle
08-20-2005, 03:14 PM
I give some Cheerios on occassion, but you must remember that dogs are primarily carnivores. Cheerios are 100% grain and carbs (well...okay, 80% grains and 20% sugar LOL). I would use Cheerios as an occassional treat, not something you can rely on.

To be honest, kibble is pretty boring! You might want to try something more "natural" and meaty for your dog, like plain boiled chicken or crumbled lean hamburger meat. I guarantee your dog should scarf these down. They're soft, easy to chew, and easily swallowed.

dogzr#1
08-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Thank you for your replies! I will also try to use ground beef as a treat. It is small and easy to chew. Thank you again!