PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Music Video/Song

dukedogsmom
08-20-2005, 08:24 AM
GreenDay has a great song/video out right now. Wake Me Up When September Ends. It's especially sad because it hits so close to home about the war. I can't watch it without crying.
What are yours?

finn's mom
08-20-2005, 09:07 AM
Music videos, huh? Well...the first one that comes to mind is Weezer's video for "Island in the Sun." It's such a bright, sweet song, anyway...and, the video is all outdoors with the band and all these little baby animals, it's so relaxing and fun. Weezer's video for "Keep Fishin" is funny as anything, it has the Muppets in it! Kermit and Gonzo (and maybe even animal) even have little Weezer tee shirts on. :)

I always liked Michael Jackson's Thriller video...

The video for Gary Jules' version of "Mad World" (from the Donnie Darko soundtrack) is really cool.

Beyonce's video on the Austin Powers Goldmember DVD, for "Work it Out." Hot, hot, hot. It's just a lot of fun!

I'm sure there are more, but, it's been a long time since I have seen MTV or anything where there were music videos.

Guster doesn't have many music videos, but, what they do have is always good. :)

edited: anita reminded me...one of my all time favorite videos is Fat Boy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" with Christopher Walken dancing through a hotel, it's genius! :)

Anita Cholaine
08-20-2005, 09:08 AM
My favourite video is Fat Boy Slim, The Jocker... I don't know if you remember it, but it was so adorable, with all these beautiful kitties!:D I didn't like the song so much, but I couldn't watch the video without saying awww...

carole
08-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Kari it is funny you should mention THRILLER, I just found an old cassette of it and was playing it yesterday, it was one of his best releases IMO.

I enjoy watching the Hell Freezes Over video of the Eagles, I went to the live concert here and it brings back some pleasant memories.

MariaM
08-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Well, I don't get to see too many videos because we don't have any channels that play videos, but I do like Nobody's Home by Avril Lavigne. I also like Making Memories of Us by Keith Urban. Actually, any video with Keith in is is good. ;) There's more but those are a couple. I also like Wake Me Up When September Ends.

luvofallhorses
08-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Music Videos:

Wake up by Hilary Duff
Come Clean by Hilary Duff
Yeah by Usher
Goodies by Ciara
1, 2 step by Ciara
Izzo by Jay-Z(really old song)

Songs:

"Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses" Toby Keith
"I hope you dance" LeeAnn Wolmack
"I need you" LeeAnn Rimes
"Drop it like it's hot" Snoop Dawg
"Tipsy" J-Kwon
"I like the way you move" Outkast
"Holidae Inn" Chingy
"County Grammar" Nelly
"Over and Over Again" forget the country music artist but it features Nelly..

that's all for now..

buckner
08-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Funny you should mention this, Val. Since the song was released (a long while back) I loved the song Wake Me Up When September Ends. However, I'm not a BIG fan of the music video, sure it hits close to home for some people with the war and stuff... I just didn't like it all that much. But I love the song.. I could listen to it all day long, it's so relaxing.

My other favourite song by Green Day is The Grouch, featured in the CD "Nimrod". I don't know why I love it so much.. it's not a "nice" song, meaning a lot of cursing and such.

I love the music video "The Reason" for Hoobastank - and song, of course.

I love a lot of the music videos and songs that are out right now, but I probably like the older ones better because I saw the video when I first heard the song, and such. When I listen to a song, I love it so much that I think most videos for it just suck.

finn's mom
08-24-2005, 10:18 PM
How could I forget the music video for Paul Simon's song, "You Can Call Me Al", that is a great one! :)

DesertArabian
08-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Brad Paisley's Whiskey Lullaby is my favorite video, wouldn't say it is my "favorite" song though (too sad!)

PJ's Mom
08-24-2005, 11:28 PM
I love the song "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw but the video is a little weak. :)

lady_zana
08-25-2005, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Music videos, huh? Well...the first one that comes to mind is Weezer's video for "Island in the Sun." It's such a bright, sweet song, anyway...and, the video is all outdoors with the band and all these little baby animals, it's so relaxing and fun.

I named my kitty Weezie after this video! I love orange kitties and was planning on getting a little orangie to name Weezer...but as I always say, when we got home, we found out that our Weez-er was actually a Weez-ie!

As for music videos and songs, my favorite video is Emotion Sickness by silverchair and that's my second-favorite song. My favorite song is Ana's Song (Open Fire) by silverchair and it has my second-favorite music video:D

finn's mom
08-25-2005, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by lady_zana
I named my kitty Weezie after this video!

That is so cool! I'm actually watching the video right now...those kittens and puppies are so sweet...and, that little baby chimp! The way he plays with the band, and, the band is so genuine with him. It's amazing. Definitely in my top five favorite videos. It almost makes me cry, even now. It totally did the first few times I saw it. :)

LoudLou
08-25-2005, 06:15 AM
Fatboy Slim's video Weapon of Choice - With Chris Walken... ALWAYS makes me smile.:D

finn's mom
08-25-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by LoudLou
Fatboy Slim's video Weapon of Choice - With Chris Walken... ALWAYS makes me smile.:D

Me, too! I remember when I first saw it...it was on really late (or really early), around 3 am. It was amazing, I'd never seen anything like it. Still haven't! I'd always loved Walken, but, this sent him through the roof for me. :)