PDA

View Full Version : Very Friendly Dog Starts Hideing

XxEloraxX
08-19-2005, 09:20 PM
My 7 year old Cocker Spaniel Has been a Very out going and one of the most friendly dogs i have ever met but this past month he has been hideing alot...like ill come home and he was always at the door waiting for me..now i have to go and find him and he will be in the back of the closet like in the WAY back where he will have to crawl over like lots of crap to get back there...and like he will be sleeping aross the room and wake up suddenly and run to the nearest bathroom and push open the door and sit behind the door in the dark..i find this very strange.. and not normal for him...Any one have any ideas why he might be doing this?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/XxEloraxX/checkers.jpg

Den Anne Pen
08-19-2005, 10:15 PM
he sounds to me like he is scared did something change in house lately like kids,pets.or a new noisey niegher ? your any yell lately i would try and think of anything that might have chaged w/ this behavior also i would take him to the vet and make sure everything is ok with him medicaly

HollywoodNVegas
08-19-2005, 11:39 PM
There is a high likelihood that something happened to your poor guy. Maybe an unknown punishment from a family member? Or, as Den said, maybe something changed in the house. I would DEFINITELY take him to the vet to make sure nothing is physically wrong, such as cataracts or otherwise. It is a HUGE jump for him to go from happy-go-lucky to petrified. If the vet can offer no answers, call a behaviorist in your area immediately.

barncat
08-20-2005, 11:09 AM
As everypne has mentioned, a vet is in order. Some dogs hide when they are in pain.

Abother possibility could be something that happened or is happening at your neighbors if they are close enough to hear.

When I lived in a four unit flat I could not imagine what made my elkhound/shepaherd cross suddenly become extremely protective of me and our cats. When the maintenance man, also a tenant, came in to fix the stove she followed his every move with her teeth bared... Several days later he was arrested for beating his wife so badly she was hospitalized... I'd been at work while he was abusing her so I never heard a thing. Too bad the dog could not testify....

XxEloraxX
08-20-2005, 12:51 PM
thanks everyone for your help i called the vet today and made an appoiment =)