PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for me and the baby please...

Samantha Puppy
08-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Just got back from my OBGYN appointment. She went over the results of the sonogram I had last month and is sending me to the University of Maryland Neonatal Unit for a detailed sonogram and meeting with a genetic counselor at 8am on Monday morning for an emergency consultation because there are two areas of concern the technician who read my first sonogram found.

One is a spot near the baby's left kidney which could be a cyst or some other growth or could be a deformed body part. The other, which is more cause for concern, is that there are supposed to be 3 tubes from the mother to the placenta/baby and we only have 2 which can cause major heart issues, up to and including fatal problems.

So please keep me and baby Nug in your prayers this weekend and on Monday.

Thanks...
Jaime

catnapper
08-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Prayers on their way! I hope everything is fine, and this is just being overly cautious! {{{{hugs}}}}

caseysmom
08-19-2005, 05:02 PM
I am so sorry you are having this scare. I hope both issues turn out to be non critical. Please try not to worry yourself sick (I know easier said than done)

Kfamr
08-19-2005, 05:03 PM
{{HUGS}} Jaime. I hope everything is fine with your little Nug. Please keep us updated. I've been thinking of you since you first told us about your little Nugget.

Lobodeb
08-19-2005, 05:04 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I was just thinking about you! Prayers are being sent to you and your baby.

Please let us know what the doctor says!

Jadapit
08-19-2005, 05:08 PM
You and your little nug will be in my thoughts and prayers.

DJFyrewolf36
08-19-2005, 05:12 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lexi_Lover
08-19-2005, 05:14 PM
(((((JAIME)))))

I'm so sorry you have to go through this! All teh best thoughts coming to you and Nug! :( Many PRAYERS are being said from Canada!

PLEASE keep us updated! Wish all teh best of luck!

HUGS,
Paula

Ginger's Mom
08-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Jaime, you and little Nug will be in my prayers. I hope that they will find that there is nothing seriously wrong.

chocolatepuppy
08-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Jamie, I will keep you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers. {hugs}

Karen
08-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Prayers for you and the baby on the way, I hope it was all just mistakes or blips on the scan, and that Nugget and you are both okay.

CagneyDog
08-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Oh my god :( I'm so sorry to hear this, You and the baby will be in my prayers.

{{{Hugs}}}

NoahsMommy
08-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Oh honey...you and the baby will be in my prayers.

Take care,
Kelly

slick
08-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Prayers coming out to you from Canada.

xo

Cataholic
08-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Prayers that it is nothing more than an overly cautious doctor. Hang in there.

sandragonfly
08-19-2005, 09:49 PM
yikes...prayed this was some mistake!! but, whatever happens - just remember it has to be for a good reason. you probably hear this a lot lately but it just is so true, don't you agree? ;)

gen(((jaime)))tle, thinking of you!!! (my brain DO have a plenty room left).

..gina

Samantha Puppy
08-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks everyone. Can't say I'm not petrified and constantly worrying but at least I don't have to wait any longer than Monday morning to get some answers.

:(

finn's mom
08-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Oh, gosh, Jaime, I just saw this thread. :( I hope you find out everything is ok or at least not life threatening on Monday. I'm sorry you're having to go through all this. I'll be thinking of you and Josh and your baby boy.

4 Dog Mother
08-20-2005, 11:08 AM
Jaime, you and your baby will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers. Keep thinking good thoughts.

popcornbird
08-20-2005, 11:24 AM
How scary. :( Prayers that everything is alright.

jazzcat
08-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Prayers on the way Jaime.

gini
08-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Jaime, I will keep you in my prayers as well that everything is just fine and you can put your worries aside.

Anita Cholaine
08-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Hope everything goes right, Jaime.:( Sending prayers for you and your babie...

furrykidsmother
08-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Prayers on their way to both of you. (((Hugs)))

robinh
08-20-2005, 02:33 PM
My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you.

Craftlady
08-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Will keep good thoughts and prayers for you and your baby.

Samantha Puppy
08-22-2005, 11:06 AM
Well, his heart looks good. (Thank God.)

His kidneys both are functioning though the left one never moved to the proper position and is further down in his pelvic area than kidneys are supposed to be.

However, that problem along with the umblical cord only having 2 tubes instead of 3 means the risks of Down's syndrome are higher - even though my quad screen (which tests for neural tube defects like spina bifida) came back negative for Down's and NTD's.

I was offered an amniocentisis (which is a definitive test as it tests the actual amniotic fluid instead of my blood for certains levels of things) but after discussing it and the risk of miscarriages that go along with it, we decided against it. It's not like we'd do anything (abort) if we found out NOW vs. later... So we'll keep on monitoring him through sonograms (I think they'll be a regular happening from now 'til birth), watch his growth (another indication is that if his growth starts to trail behind other "normal" babies of the same gestational age, our chances go up even more), and wait and see.

Thanks for the prayers. It wasn't the greatest news but it wasn't the worst either.

Jaime

PS - Oh, and it's DEFINITELY a boy.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Oops, I didn't se this post the first time! I'm will be keeping you in my prayers, that's a promise!!

emily_the_spoiled
08-22-2005, 11:25 AM
I am glad that his heart is okay and both his kidneys are functioning. The doctors can always move the kidney if it doesn't move on it's own.

I am sorry to read about the potential problems because of only 2 tubes in the umbicial cord.

We will keep you and Nugget in our prayers.

caseysmom
08-22-2005, 11:34 AM
A friend of mine had an amnio and miscarried, I am glad you are not risking that.

My daughters best friends sister has downs, she is a very special child. She is so loving and means the world to all of us, I am glad that wouldn't make you want to end his life.

Lobodeb
08-22-2005, 11:43 AM
You have been in my thoughts and prayers all weekend.

I'm curious, after your inital sonogram, did the doctor tell you everything was ok? I just had mine two weeks ago and was told that everything was fine. I was so relieved, but now, after seeing what has happened to you, I can't help but start to worry again.

Samantha Puppy
08-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by caseysmom
A friend of mine had an amnio and miscarried, I am glad you are not risking that. I'm so sorry for your friend... I just can't imagine. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to know now so I could either prepare or let my worries go but I just can't risk it. The odds are approximately 1 in 300. That's WAY too "good" for me. I mean, what are the odds of a church burning down less than 2 days before your wedding? Much greater than 1 in 300 and it happened to me! No... I just can't risk it.

My daughters best friends sister has downs, she is a very special child. She is so loving and means the world to all of us, I am glad that wouldn't make you want to end his life. I totally don't get how someone could abort a baby because of Down's. A horribly severe case of mental retardation that would result in NO quality of life - okay. I still couldn't do it myself but I could understand how someone else might. But children with Down's... they still live and love and cry and laugh and... they're just not completely "normal". How could anyone terminate a baby just because they're not completely "normal". Obviously, I hope it turns out that my son doesn't have Down's, but you know what? If he does, I'll still love him and we'll deal with it.

Lobodeb, the way things are here, my OBGYN doesn't do the sonogram. I went to a place called Advanced Radiation to have the scan. The tech there isn't trained (or allowed) to tell you what looks good and what doesn't. Hell, when she said that he had a penis and I said "So it's definitely a boy, huh?" she actually replied "I can't say that it is or isn't definitely. I can only tell you what I see." I asked why, she said legal reasons. So she takes the scan, gets the views and pictures she needs from it and someone else reads the scans and looks at the measurements they take and reports back to your doctor.

So, that scan happened on July 27th. My next OBGYN appointment was this past Friday, so I hadn't seen any doctor between then and last Friday. My OB told me that the tech who read the sonogram saw two areas of concern and that's how this whole thing came about. So no, no one ever said "Hmmm, that doesn't look quite right" or anything like that because it's all coming from different people! :) The doctor I saw at University of Maryland today wants to monitor my progression so on top of regular OBGYN appointments, I will now be seeing him monthly as well. I am SO tired of doctors and I'm just barely over halfway there!!! :eek:

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-23-2005, 05:46 AM
Just picked this up - I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. We are all rooting for you and your little one!!

I may have mentioned this before but when I was expecting my Katie I was told there was a high risk of brain damage and was advised to go for an abortion.......she is now 15, about to start her last year at school and is a bright and beautiful girl.

I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers - take care

Samantha Puppy
08-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Thanks, Brody's Mum. In my heart of hearts, I don't feel like he has a problem like Down's... but then again, I thought he was a girl for awhile so that shows you how "in tune" I am with my baby! ;)

All the prayers and good thoughts are very much appreciated.

Jaime & Nug

prechrswife
08-23-2005, 08:09 AM
I just saw this thread, and you and your baby will be in my prayers.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-23-2005, 08:59 AM
but then again, I thought he was a girl for awhile so that shows you how "in tune" I am with my baby!

I was equally convinced that mine was a boy! ;)

ramanth
08-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Keeping you and Nug in my thoughts. *hugs*